NLC - Future Classic?

Anything goes in here.....
greido

NLC - Future Classic?

Post by greido » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:31 pm

When I was at school my favourite car was a an e30 BMW M3, unfortunately I was not in a position back in the day where I could buy one, now they are stupidly expensive so I wouldn’t even consider going there.
Around the same time, my favourite movie was Mad Max 2, and remember fondly ‘The Last of the V8s’..... if you compile that with an M3 you naturally come to an E92 M3.
I saw an ad earlier on Pistonheads for a nice looking, low mileage, late Manual M3, I’m pretty sure it was for sale at around £22k or £23k and so caught my attention but now I look again it’s at £25k.
First thing that springs to mind is: is this so much in demand that the guy selling can add 10% onto the asking price in a couple of hours and looking forward, will this turn into another e30 where the future values go through the roof? Bearing in mind there will be no more M3s and manuals seem to be a dying breed.
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... 8033#/home

My Mrs and I use our X5 as daily transport for our daughter and the dog so our second car leaves the driveway about twice per week and does about 4000miles per year so I really should have something special to make it an occasion when I taken it out, if there was something that also hardly depreciated would be a bonus, since th baby came along it’s only me who uses the second car.
Current Rides: Evora & BMW X5 (F15)
Gone: Elise S3, 350zGT, Boxster S, BMW X5 (E70)

Stevoraith

Re: NLC - Future Classic?

Post by Stevoraith » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 am

Not sure what you mean by ‘there will be no more M3s’?

I doubt the E92 will become a classic, it’s probably the least revered of the 3 series generations in standard form and the M3 version never received amazing reviews.

The E46 however already looks as though it’s entering classic status going on the prices being asked for clean original examples.
VX220 2.2 - Gone
BMW 335d Touring F31- Fastest car on the road
MINI Cooper 1.5- More fun than the BMW

greido

Post by greido » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:10 pm

"Not sure what you mean by ‘there will be no more M3s’?" - That should have read 'V8 M3s'.
Current Rides: Evora & BMW X5 (F15)
Gone: Elise S3, 350zGT, Boxster S, BMW X5 (E70)

Corranga

Post by Corranga » Thu May 03, 2018 10:09 am

Stevoraith wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 am
I doubt the E92 will become a classic, it’s probably the least revered of the 3 series generations in standard form and the M3 version never received amazing reviews.

The E46 however already looks as though it’s entering classic status going on the prices being asked for clean original examples.
Doesn't the E46 have a bit of a rust habit?
As with any car, when all the good versions of one have gone, people look elsewhere, though I guess BMW M cars are now 10 a penny with them sticking M badges on everything.

Perhaps the M2 will be the one that starts to take over in the value stakes, though it has some ways to go down yet I suspect.
I was about to mention the 1M then I had a look at prices on Pistonheads :shock:

This 130,000 Eur 1995 M1 race car on there looks a relative bargain compared to modern M cars ;)
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... ar/5213905
'16 MINI Cooper S - Family fun hatch
'98 Lotus Elise - Fun day car
'07 Fiat Panda 100HP - Daily puddle jumper
'04 Maserati Coupe GT - Manual, v8, Italian...