SE Events In 2019

Anything goes in here.....
BigD

Re: SE Events In 2019

Post by BigD » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:50 pm

C7Steve wrote:
BigD wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:34 pm
graeme wrote:Don't be modest, Steve, you're well deserving of the mod appointment, and a great organiser. Thanks for your efforts!

Well done Steve! Hadn’t noticed the promotion. Glad my nomination and canvassing got you there. ImageImage

#steveforpresident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can drop that president bollocks right now. :lol:

Steve.
That’s gratitude for you eh?! ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campbell

Post by campbell » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:53 pm

Echoed. Steve, your enthusiasm and commitment are hitting the spot.

Graeme, Eilidh will kill me if I don't organise for her to play-lead The Fraser Girls at least once in 2019

So I will take on at least one Campaganza setup. Once my work diary is clearer
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:04 pm

graeme wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:25 pm
Don't be modest, Steve, you're well deserving of the mod appointment, and a great organiser. Thanks for your efforts!

I'm a terrible organiser, but I'll do my best. I'm happy to sort the camping trips for next year (a bit nearer the time). My girls will kill me if we don't go camping at least twice in 2019! Although, selfishly, I'm not going so excited about the big camping trips where I have to take the wagon; I'm much more excited about the overnight solo runs in the 2-11 with just a wallet, 30 changes of underwear, and a toothbrush for getting the flies out my teeth! :D
Thanks Graeme. :thumbsup

I was thinking this afternoon of doing something very similar next year with the minimum of fuss and kit. Plan is too wait for a dry weekend and head off and just enjoy the driving. Two cars max and keep it simple. Leave early on the Saturday morning and get some miles in before it gets too busy and stop for lunch on route, then bar lunch and a couple of drinks before setting up the tent and getting some sleep. Return home by same route the next day.

Something like this. https://goo.gl/maps/8UnCEDXZSgM2

Graeme, you forgot to pack extra hats for replacing ones lost on exuberant overtakes. :lol:

Steve.

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:01 pm

Updated the route to miss the A9. #bemoretut.

https://goo.gl/maps/8UnCEDXZSgM2

Steve.

colgy

Post by colgy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:21 am

graeme wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:25 pm
I'm much more excited about the overnight solo runs in the 2-11 with just a wallet, 30 changes of underwear, and a toothbrush for getting the flies out my teeth! :D
That’s a lot of underwear, just how quickly are you going? :lol:

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:34 pm

C7Steve wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:46 am
I thought I would start a thread on possible engagements for 2019 and encourage some more SE involvement in keeping it going and not drying up.

Car shows?
Few at Geneva today n'est pas?
W213 All Terrain

campbell

Post by campbell » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:44 pm

So in case any newbies are reading, one weekend event worth considering is our 20th Anniversay Bash, "Twenty's Plenty", and full details are here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=44176

All welcome and whilst there are already a few long-suffering folks going (!) it would be brilliant to see some of the new gen who might be taking the community into the 20s and 30s (by which time it will be all-electric and petrol will be the work of the devil...)

Take a look...

PS - if people haven't already been doing this, why not make sure you link out from here to any specific thread for any event you are setting up. Gives us a kind of "index" and might help navigation. After all, these millennial social media types aren't used to structured discussion forum bulletin boards :lol
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy