SE Events In 2019

Anything goes in here.....
C7Steve

SE Events In 2019

Post by C7Steve » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:46 am

I thought I would start a thread on possible engagements for 2019 and encourage some more SE involvement in keeping it going and not drying up.

Possible destinations for the camping trips? Lewis and Harris have been mentioned.

Group meet up for a park and chat? Car park meet possibly.

Breakfast meets around the country where we can get someone local to organise when it’s in their area. Aberdeen, Fife, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc.

Regular curry nights. (One has just been organised today)

Yearly meet up at a large hotel for a meal and drinks?

European trips? 2020 is on the cards.

Track days?

Family type day out, for those with young children?

Chipper and ice-cream runs? Not necessarily at the same time. :lol:

Spanner’s and Bbq?

Mountain biking?

Car shows?

Tut Towers type event?

Any other suggestions?

I know that some of these things are happening, but it would good to see what people would like to do, so we can plan any event if there is a good idea and enough interest.

What do you want?

Cheers,

Steve.

ed

Re: SE Events In 2019

Post by ed » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Good thinking Steve.

Mentioned 2020 to the wife and she didn't say no! :blackeye

Will do my best to help arrange stuff. :thumbsup
Octopus Energy Referral Code (£50 each!) share.octopus.energy/light-lynx-588

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:17 pm

I could prob host a spanners sesh.
W213 All Terrain

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:07 pm

Lewis and Harris a great shout I go there every year sometimes twice, I've had the loti up there once and wouldn't do it again with the usual trip with mini blonde due to 2 dogs and many many many shoes. The roads are very well suited to these cars and generally in good nick although driving like a D!ck will get you noticed very quickly and news travels faster through the locals than Kirk can go in his warp drive, good news is the locals drive quite quickly and seem happy provided you are courteous. There are many many smashing places to scran at too, namely north harbour bistro at Scalpay, Anchorage in Leverburgh and the new Scallop Shack on the way to Uig which is coincidentally one of the best roads. Couple that with an epic drive to get there its a winner. Loads of camp sites too: best by far seems to be at Reef beach.

I'd be up for some mountain biking trips too although rarely get out on the bike these days now that I focus on Squash as my main sporting outlet.

We could also arrange a private KH organised track day, you can hire the track for 2-3k for a couple of hours and split the costs.

Some good suggestions around spannering, I certainly would like to learn how to change brakes, disks and other minor stuff (I know its mostly easy but having someone check it always helps) couple with the fact i've no decent tools means I never bother trying.

We should be careful though or we might need a committee!
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Cheers gents. Keep them coming. :thumbsup

Steve.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:12 pm

I will likely host a spanners sesh too.... in fact, prob should fit one in this year too!

It's been a few years since we had a christmas karting n curry... would there be much demand for that this year?
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

Simon82

Post by Simon82 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Definitely up for pretty much all of the above if I’m not working.

An SE track night sounds ace and would be up for that.

Also up for the mountain biking side of things and happy to organise/help organise some events.
2014 Audi RS4 Avant
2019 Porsche 718 GT4
2018 VW Transporter T6 (bike shed :) )

IanD

Post by IanD » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:29 pm

There are lots of car focused events around Scotland that can be attended as branded ScottishElises group or even just as a group of interested people who were going anyway and meet up informally for a chat when there.

So worth having a what's on sticky page even just for the list of what's going on in Scotland then decide who / what form of attending there is

I'm happy to post ones I know of going forward.

I know we aren't a club etc etc but being visible can be good if it is the right visible as we all share an interest.
White Porsche man
1993 968 ClubSport - see it @https://youtu.be/8PnI0VE1B54
2010 Boxster Spyder

IanD

Post by IanD » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:33 pm

The Lewis / Harris one sparked interest in me, after Stu mentioning camping and roads were great, never been to them and a bit different for a camp trip gathering.

Definitely one to consider for next year
White Porsche man
1993 968 ClubSport - see it @https://youtu.be/8PnI0VE1B54
2010 Boxster Spyder

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:42 pm

Guy at work organised a Track Night for his Ford RS mates not long ago. I will see what the price was and what the numbers of drivers need to be to keep the costs reasonable.

Steve.

ed

Post by ed » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:01 pm

SE event at Knockhill would be great.

Prices listed here:

https://www.knockhill.com/corporate/venue-hire
Octopus Energy Referral Code (£50 each!) share.octopus.energy/light-lynx-588

smoo25

Post by smoo25 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Yes these all sound good! I know a park up and kick tyres type meet might be a bit boring/neddy but could be a good chance for newer members to meet everyone without the pressure of trying to keep up on an epic SE run. I know it's not unheard of for newbies to try to prove themselves only to end up in a ditch...

On VX220.org they have an "impromptu meets" thread where people can post if they're going a last minute run where people can check and join if they like - regional sections like this could be a good way to encourage folk out too, as well as keeping traffic coming to SE to check regularly?
Lego Elise couldn't afford a real one spec - sold
Skoda Octavia Scout work shed spec
VW T25 girlfriend's toy/wish it still worked spec - sold
GR Yaris - hooligan spec

woody

Post by woody » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:17 am

smoo25 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:31 pm
On VX220.org they have an "impromptu meets" thread where people can post if they're going a last minute run where people can check and join if they like - regional sections like this could be a good way to encourage folk out too, as well as keeping traffic coming to SE to check regularly?
I thought SE had that, but just in a special/invite Facebook group? Not sure if it's still going as I left a while ago. It's a good idea though, I could never make them back then as they started too far from Ayrshire, but now I'm in Glasgow I could. Seemed to work quite well, maybe the sort of thing that would keep the forum found and attract newcomers?

I'll get the Dumfries House meet properly arranged for next year, it's a great place, just had too much on the go lately and it slipped too far down the priority order, apologies all.

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:43 am

If / when I get the car going I would be up for this. I might have to pick a favourite child as you can't fit 2 in the car.
Sent from my ZX SPECTRUM +2A

UncleRon

Post by UncleRon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Just back from a brilliant 10 day trip to the Outer Hebrides and thought what an amazing place and now is the time to go before it gets anything like as busy / spoiled like Skye or anywhere on the NC500.

A Lewis / Harris trip could be great.....