Motoring lawyer Edinburgh

Anything goes in here.....
ceejam

Motoring lawyer Edinburgh

Post by ceejam » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi folks, not posted for a while, but still here reading and keeping up with the forum.

I am in need of a lawyer as someone drove at me like a lunatic and claimed I refused to stop after an accident.

I now have a NIP with a court date of 2nd October for failing to stop after an accident

I’m sure you guys will be able to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ed

Re: Motoring lawyer Edinburgh

Post by ed » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 am

Oh dear sorry to hear. Don't have any recommendations but best of luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup
Octopus Energy Referral Code (£50 each!) share.octopus.energy/light-lynx-588

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Unfortunately I do not know anyone but a quick trawl through Pistonheads Scotland section may give you some pointers.

Made me wonder whether its best having a in car camera as you would at least have evidence if this ever happened. Not had one in case I implicate myself if caught doing any "tuts" over.

George

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

ceejam

Post by ceejam » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Absolutely would recommend to anyone to get a dash cam, although I’ve yet to get one myself.
The fact that someone can accuse you of having an accident (when if anything they drove into you on the wrong side of the road) refusing to stop (which I did and exchanged a few words. There was/is no damage to my car, therefore no accident and he didn’t ask for my details)
And then to receive a citation for two charges is a right royal PITA.

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:52 pm

I got dashcams after other 1/2 was done for a red light infringement by an over xealous cop. Without dashcam it is impossible to argue your case so she took 3 points and a fine and we got cameras fitted to all 3 cars shortly after.
Ceejam, I'm sure someone will be able to suggest a decent lawyer, have cops been out to see you/ your car? If not they are citing you without any evidence of their own so it shouldn't be hard for a decent lawyer to fight.
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

ceejam

Post by ceejam » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:07 pm

I did a quick google and got in touch with Richard Freeman @ Roadtrafficexpert.com
He reckons I’ve got a strong case but awaiting my insurance Company getting back to me about covering legal costs.

Really hope karma gets the accuser - proper aggressive BMW driver who thinks he owns the road and everyone should get out of his way!

scott_e

Post by scott_e » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:35 am

j2 lot wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:52 pm
Without dashcam it is impossible to argue your case so she took 3 points and a fine and we got cameras fitted to all 3 cars shortly after.
What camera tech do you use ? front and rear ?

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Just front screen mounted but might get something more integrated & with Bluetooth to my phone in due course. 2 of the cameras were from Lidl or Aldi and were really cheap. The other one I bought at a motor show and cost 3 x the price but actually it’s no better than the cheaper ones. I did buy extra long cables for them so they’re all plumbed in as tidily as possible.
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline