Dreaded Clutch Problem (Sport350)

Anything goes in here.....
rawsco

Re: Dreaded Clutch Problem (Sport350)

Post by rawsco » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Finance company have authorised the replacement clutch master cylinder and Craig is progressing. Should know if it’s the master later next week when tested.
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:20 pm

Just back from Craig’s after getting the X5 MOT’d (passed which is a miracle as I’m convinced it’s cursed...but that’s another story)

Exige is still not sorted, master cylinder has helped and improved but in Craig’s words ‘it’s still not right’ back in the hands of the finance company now (who seem to be on my side). Having spoke to them today it’s not looking like they are going to spend any more cash trying to rectify all the fcuk ups on behalf of Haytons. So we are now progressing with the rejection. Finance company meeting face to face with Haytons next week to put the case to them. I’m now well within my rights to take it to the financial ombudsman and have spoken to them for advice. 172 days without the car now.
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

campbell

Post by campbell » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:34 pm

Clusterfcuk

Hang in there, it will work out.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Simon82

Post by Simon82 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:48 am

Well....... sh*t!!! Was really hoping that Craig would sort it for you Ross. Fingers crossed acceptable outcome now comes from finance company/Haytons. Such a shame it had to end this way
2014 Audi RS4 Avant
2019 Porsche 718 GT4
2018 VW Transporter T6 (bike shed :) )

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:24 am

I’ve no doubt Craig would get to the bottom of it but next step is clam off engine out to get at the clutch to investigate further. Given all the ‘presents’ Haytons have left thus far I can only assume there are more waiting for when the engine and box are separated. Given the time it’s taken to get this far. The costs to take it all apart again, and including further delays getting the whole thing approved by fin co management. It’s just time to call it a day and move on.
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:23 am

Sorry to hear about that it has not ended well.

If its any sign, an Alpine advert was appearing on my Taptalk ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:57 pm

Pffft. Like one of those will be any more reliable than a Lotus?!

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:25 pm

douglasgdmw wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:23 am
Sorry to hear about that it has not ended well.

If its any sign, an Alpine advert was appearing on my Taptalk ;)

Love them 😍

Definitely one on the radar to pick up used in a few years
Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen:

:cheers

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:21 am

campbell wrote:Pffft. Like one of those will be any more reliable than a Lotus?!
After this fiasco, its the only time that I will say an Alpine Arnold Clark garage would be better than official Lotus :)

Alpine A110S
Mini JCW

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 am

campbell wrote:Pffft. Like one of those will be any more reliable than a Lotus?!
After this fiasco, only time I would hedge me bets an Alpine Arnold Clark garage would be better than an official Lotus :)

Alpine A110S
Mini JCW

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:57 pm

After a long conversation with finance co on Friday we are still no further forward and no resolution. My position has shifted slightly with the focus on time now given driving season is close. Seems the rejection process is proving difficult and could drag on yet, Haytons apparently just won’t engage with the finance company and as far as they are concerned it’s got nothing to do with them (I beg to differ).

So I’m standing firm either refund me or repair the car, either is fine but I’m now applying more pressure with respect to time now and associated compensation for loss of use, finance interest, depreciation, loss of warranty balance etc that is amounting. I have also now involved the financial Ombudsman who have taken on the case after another considerably long phone call.

Monty has the car still and finance company are covering his storage charges.

Stay tuned for the next instalment of Clutchgate coming to a forum near you.... I’ll be buggered if I know what I’ll do for a hobby once this is fixed, any suggestions?
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

campbell

Post by campbell » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:05 am

Litigator

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:10 am

rawsco wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:57 pm
After a long conversation with finance co on Friday we are still no further forward and no resolution. My position has shifted slightly with the focus on time now given driving season is close. Seems the rejection process is proving difficult and could drag on yet, Haytons apparently just won’t engage with the finance company and as far as they are concerned it’s got nothing to do with them (I beg to differ).

So I’m standing firm either refund me or repair the car, either is fine but I’m now applying more pressure with respect to time now and associated compensation for loss of use, finance interest, depreciation, loss of warranty balance etc that is amounting. I have also now involved the financial Ombudsman who have taken on the case after another considerably long phone call.

Monty has the car still and finance company are covering his storage charges.

Stay tuned for the next instalment of Clutchgate coming to a forum near you.... I’ll be buggered if I know what I’ll do for a hobby once this is fixed, any suggestions?
do you have any idea of the costs involved to resolve the issue?
"Here for a good time not a long time"

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 am

Yes Scotty, currently as it stands:
Botched clutch replacement by Haytons at approx £3.5 retail (they footed that bill)
Inspection, resolution of all the faults left by Haytons by Craig, Storage and new master cylinder is probably £1-1.5K (Finance co footing this)
Cost to resolve the remaining issues will be whatever Monty charges to open up the 'box and inspect/resolve the issues still present. No idea and not for me to say what Craig would charge for this but main dealer would be another £3-4K I'd expect.
Plus whatever I deem to be an acceptable compensation for the hassle and owning a car 6+ months and not being able to use it.
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:21 pm

Well today marks the end of the Saga. I've just transferred the title over to the finance company. They had agreed to accept rejection but things were getting tedious with respect to compensation and refund of my out of pocket expenses. As mentioned the case was referred to the ombudsman, their adjudicator stepped in on Tuesday, and it was all resolved by Thursday when they made their recommendation on the compensation. So there you have it. I hope that this thread might one day help someone avoid the 8months of stress I've just been through. My case was upheld, I was adequately compensated.
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410