Tut the Legend

Anything goes in here.....
kenny

Re: Tut the Legend

Post by kenny » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:02 am

Genuinely can't think of words right now. There are lots of tales and photos i want to share

I'll miss you tut

fd

Post by fd » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:08 am

I met Tut for the first time in person on a run from Skye to Ullapool and somewhere thereafter at significant Tuts, I forget the route, what I do remember was the tyre smoke of aborted overtakes, the high speed shenanigans which were a part of road run driving at the time on stunning Scottish roads and the smell and sound of the cars ticking themselves cool while we talked sh*t in some layby or other, back in the days when that was life and that was what was done, mutual trust and friendship was the thing . . . we kept up, we learned and we all enjoyed and got faster. There are few people that have extracted as much from the limited time we have available as Tut did, a truly honest and bluntly real person. He will live on in my memories.

See you on the other side dude.

Fd

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:15 am

The last time I was able to spend time with him was at the Keith breakfast run in May. His spirits were up and he was angry, angry at this barsteward thing that was going to beat him. The thing that will stay with me for a very long time was the rage that he had inside him, his determination to do everything he could to fight it. It took him in the end.

It reminded me of this poem, it fits him well.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:15 am

Tut, the man who gave me a pax hoon at Wallace caravanns in the yellow elise, from which I cought the Lotus bug. You were one of a kind Tut. Sorely missed. Condolencese to Verian and the family. #TUT
Elise 111R

Gareth

Post by Gareth » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:48 am

RIP Tut!
Genuine, friendly and the first man to show me heel and toe! Pun intended! Best regards to all his family #legend

IanD

Post by IanD » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:40 am

A sad day for an amazing person and all his friends and family.
SE has also lost it’s ambassador

The most un pc, mad but genuine one, a guy that everyone cant help but love who brought many many people together.

Sure a typical story from many others. I live in Lanarkshire my dentist has some old jag, no connections you would think yet when I mentioned I had bought a lotus I got the ‘do you know the guy with a lotus and bare feet, great character, Tut’ smiles when I say yes I know him. That look when you see someone has met Tut and all the better for the experience
White Porsche man
1993 968 ClubSport - see it @https://youtu.be/8PnI0VE1B54
2010 Boxster Spyder

leaskc

Post by leaskc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:50 am

<delurk>
I posted this on Tut’s FB page earlier, but at Campbell’s suggestion thought I’d repost here.

I first met Tut almost 20 years ago, must have been very soon after he bought the original N1TUT. He was part of the story that brought the scottish Elise owners community closer to the Subaru owners at that time, and I'm sure his friendship touched the lives of hundreds if not thousands of us along the way. These photos are from Knockhill (2000), Alford (2000), Tour d'Ecosse 2000 (celebrating his 60th birthday IIRC?!) and 2005 sporting his new Team-Scottish-Elises sweatshirt. The Concerned Crofter will, I am sure, be sending his condolences too. RIP Tut.

Rag_It

Post by Rag_It » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:21 am

Christ... known tut since early 2000, having been introduced to him on a ‘Sweeping up the leaves’ run as a pax and remember the first night i properly got to know him, listen to his stories and I think I sat all night with my mouth wide open 😳

I also remember introducing him to my wife Nicky, who’d heard of him, a lot about him, it was 07/08/09 camping trip (I think) and we camped at Achmelvich - that was an eye opening weekend for her!

What an absolute legend, sadly gone but will never be forgotten. 👍🏻

AllyY

Post by AllyY » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:49 am

Sorry to hear the sad news. Although familiar with a lot of the “legend” stories through this forum, only ever met Tut in the flesh once, at TT 2010. My abiding memory of the evening “do” at Tut Towers that weekend, is the fact that Tut made the effort to spend a good amount of time chatting with me, someone he didn’t really know, despite having so many old friends present whose company he was enthusiastically enjoying. Proper gentleman. Condolences to the family.
57 Elise S - Magnetic Blue - (07-14)
14 Elise S CR - Daytona Blue

scott_e

Post by scott_e » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Very sorry to hear that lads, very sad news indeed. Such a huge part of SE over the years, a really big miss. I know many of you have spent a lot of time together over the years, thoughts with the family and I hope you lads are all ok too. I never had the chance to meet Tut in person but he always made me feel very welcome whether it was on SE or just popping past the area. Will miss the stories. Very sad.

campbell

Post by campbell » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Great photos, Cameron. Thanks for digging them out the archives
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

cstrachan

Post by cstrachan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Really sad news and thoughts are with all the family. Tut was always a very welcome and big part of our VX220 highland hoons and all the hooners will miss him and his amazing stories. I am sure many a Laphroaig will be raised to Tut over this weekend.
2003 Vauxhall VX220 2.2
2013 Astra BiTurbo
2015 Fiesta Ecoboost

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Posted on behalf of Clare:

Here's the plan to celebrate the phenomenal life of David 'Tut' Duncan.

All are welcome but if you could let us know if you plan to attend that would help us cater (comments here are fine).

Friday 16th November, 2.30pm at Moray Crematorium, Broadley by Buckie, Moray AB56 5HQ

Followed by Afternoon Tea/Drinks at Tut End (aka Heaven's Doorstep), Newmill, Keith, AB55 6UE.

Parking will be in the field so bring your wellies or park at Tesco in Keith and call a taxi, numbers below.

Neither flowers nor donations are expected but for those who have requested the details:

Flowers (preferably no wreaths) to Frank S. McLean & Son Ltd, Funeral Directors, 4 Station Road, Keith, AB55 5DR

Alternatively, donations to WWF via www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tutthelegend or collection at the service.

We also wondered if anyone might like to do a Lotus convoy behind the hearse from the funeral directors in Keith to the crematorium in Buckie? Understand designated driver and horrendous track may be limitations so no pressure.

Taxi numbers:
A2Z Taxis: 01542 780257
Dod's Cabs: 01542 887473
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

point n squirt

Post by point n squirt » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:09 pm

So sorry to hear this thoughts are with family . Really enjoyed the handful of weekends i spent in his company , never meet anyone like him and suspect i never will again. I remember a sunny day very north chasing him down at silly tuts ,afterwards i said Tut how can you possibly corner so fast without ever braking , he gave a cheeky smile and said easy i've no brake lights. Thanks again for the Tut Tower weekends .....epic.
The Complete Building Solution
www.lindsayjoineryservices.co.uk

ian974

Post by ian974 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:41 am

Very sad to hear the news today. Another lurker who hasn't been active on the forum much, but met Tut several times on the pistonheads runs over the years.
Catching up with him was one of the highlights of those trips and always a friendly, talkative guy who it was always a genuine pleasure to see.
Raising a glass, there is no better description of him than legend.