Re: Tut the Legend

Post by M400too » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:02 am

Just to say in my thoughts

MarkT
Just an old S1 Elise

111Robin

Post by 111Robin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:06 am

I never met Tut sadly but enjoyed following his antics on here, never a dull moment that's for sure. I'm certain this is one person who never had any regrets and grabbed life by the ganglys. My condolences to his family.

brian

Post by brian » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:42 pm

So sorry to hear this news.

I met Tut shortly after getting my first Elise and have enjoyed many road runs, Tut Towers, trackdays and a French Frolic with him over the years.

I did initially wonder about this guy in bare feet and the stories of his escapades but you soon realise what a genuine person he was and it’s been a privilege to know him.

When the tree hit the Elise on the back roads home from Knockhill a few years back, Tut was there to sweet talk the police and ambulance crew, ensuring I went to Aberdeen hospital and no police action taken. As I said at the time SE’s guardian angel.

Tut lived life to the max, was a true legend and will be sorely missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greyrigg

Post by greyrigg » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 pm

So sad to hear this.

The world is a poorer place, there was never a dull moment with Tut around and his generosity new no bounds.

At least his suffering is over.

Malcolm

greyrigg

Post by greyrigg » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:32 pm

From the Spazz trip at Hethel. Tut where he liked to be, in front.

Malcolm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark

Post by Dark » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:43 pm

I first met Tut on the SIDC Tour d'Ecosse in late 2000 where we celebrated his 60th birthday. He was made up with his cake and SIDC jersey and he wore it proudly for many years to come!

I'd already done a few trackdays at KH but that was my first weekend away in the Subaru to the west coast of Scotland and any regrets at moving from the SE of England were blown away somewhere along the road to Achnasheen while doing an excessive numbers of Tut's. The story of Tut's journey around the north of Scotland that weekend with Jools and the late Paul Marshall went down in SIDC history and earned us an early morning visit from Fort William's finest!

To then be invited on the first of several visits to Tut Towers along with fellow Subaru drivers JohnS, WillieF and CameronL was a huge honour although secretly I think Tut just liked "dicking" somebody who wasn't in a Lotus! When I finally decided to buy an Elise in 2013 Tut was ecstatic and eagerly viewed several cars for me in the north east, although reading the testimonials I'm glad he didn't find one for me!

I never got to attend a Tut Towers in the Elise but Tut sent me some stickers for the new car anyway.... a fine memory of a proper hero who lived everyday like it was his last for 78 years!!!

ImageImage
2018 Lotus Exige Sport (metallic grey)
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar (rebel blue)

Digital

Post by Digital » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Very sad news, my deepest condolences to his family and all that knew him well.

A genuine one-off, a true character as many have said, and a legend well beyond our world of little plastic cars. RIP tut

Jamie
2005 Chrome Orange Lotus Exige S2

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:44 am

This is sad news and our thoughts are with Verian and the family.

I consider myself privileged to have spent time with Tut on many an occasion. I don't think we will ever forget the warm smile that always greeted us.

He was the definition of living life to the max.

We miss you Tut!
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:46 am

Not much to say that hasn't already been said other than to repeat it was a privilege to have known him.
Condolences to Verian and the rest of the family.
Now with half an engine

DJ

Post by DJ » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:36 pm

I heard from another SE-er at start of last week that things weren't great so logged on here for the first time in a long while to see the post nobody wanted to see. :(
One particular memory I have is a pax in N3 at the first SIDC day after KH introduced the reverse circuit. Off we went down the normal 'in' slip road towards the hairpin at high speed, got about 2/3rd of the way round the corner .... then kept going left via a 360 deg. spin :lol: . Needless to say once the bare feet worked the pedals and we set off again, we passed everything else on the track.

Will also miss the many stories I have read on here over the years from his earlier life. What a life! RIP, and condolences to family and those who knew him well.
'03 Elise 111S - Sold :(
'55 Boxster S - Sold :(
'08 Exige S 240PP - Sold :(
'10 Evora NA - Sold :(
'12 Cayman R :)

avdb

Post by avdb » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:30 pm

First time I met Tut was on the way to Clachtoll where he overtook me on the Ullapool road.

A true Lotus Legend - Cheers Tut!
2007 Elise (sold), 2018 Mustang, 2021 Raptor

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Very sad to hear about Tuts passing. He was always very friendly on track days and was never shy of a story or two ;)

My condolences to all his friends and family.

Matelotman

Post by Matelotman » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:19 pm

So sad to hear this and huge condolences to Verian and family.

I picked up my S1 Elise in 2007 and only lived a few miles from Tut Towers at the time. I found SE by accident and Tut was one of the very first to welcome me and pretty much summoned me to his house for a full introduction. As we chatted, I mentioned that my car had originated from B&C then Tut suddenly walked off, came back with a screw driver and said "follow me".......... We went outside to my car and he proceeded to pull my ECU out and start dismantling it :shock: "hmmm, as I had hoped" he said "your ECU has a daughter board attached which means that you have a B&C 140 or 160 (turned out to be a 140). I am not sure that I would have let anyone else do it without at least saying something but I just stood there like a little boy as this man that I barely knew schooled me. Very good memories and lots of runs trying to keep up with him. :P

I would occasionally take my toddler son to see him too when he asked to go and see the man with the yellow car and the doggy. My son is now 13....

'Legend' :cry:
Elise S1 B&C 140 - long time ago now

Mike Duncan

Post by Mike Duncan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Sorry to jump into your forum, I’m not an Elise owner, but I just wanted to say I am very glad our Dad, Verian's Davy, had so many great friends and many thanks for all your kind comments.

You guys were a major part of his very eventful life, a life he lived to the full and I am so proud of what he has achieved and the support you have given him over the years. He will be deeply missed by all the Duncan (Ralph) clan both North and South of Hadrian’s Wall.

He never forgave me for joining the police over 30 years ago, not drinking Whisky (long story) or turning up at Tut Towers in a new BMW Z4, which according to Dad was designed and manufactured just for F@*k\+$ hair dressers!

Hopefully, we will get to meet some of you at his Funeral and share some wonderful memories…

RIP Tut The Legend, Dad :cheers

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM ... FlbFh1dE9R

Corranga

Post by Corranga » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:07 pm

:(

Fitting tribute with the site image, the view of that car that most of us will remember, the back!
Such sad news though, and condolences to his family.

Always loved reading his stories on here, and, like many, remember paxing with him at KH and being amazed at what was possible in these little cars (well, once they've mated with a Honda and some other bits!)

I remember following him from the petrol station at Drum to KH, we'd both just filled up for the track day, and I mentioned I wasn't quite sure how to get to the circuit from there (having only ever driven in from the other end).
That's fine, just follow me.
LHD, no shoes, and maybe half a mile before he as out of sight! :lol:

I love that you never settled on just telling stories, but continued to make new ones too - RIP Barefoot Ninja, Laphroaig tonight in your honour.

Chris
'16 MINI Cooper S - Family fun hatch
'98 Lotus Elise - Fun day car
'07 Fiat Panda 100HP - Daily puddle jumper
'04 Maserati Coupe GT - Manual, v8, Italian...