Tut the Legend

Anything goes in here.....
C7Steve

Tut the Legend

Post by C7Steve » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:21 pm

So sorry to hear the sad news that Tut has passed away. He was a character in more ways than one and will be sorely missed. It was great to see him recently at the Inverurie Curry Night and he loved it that he was amongst his friends and family and that we were all having a great time together. It’s a shame that he did not last until the birth of his forthcoming grandchild, as he told me that is what he was holding on for. I can remember changing his oxygen tank that night and he jokingly told me to turn it up to the max. It was just how he lived his life. I can honestly say that I have never met anyone like him. I love the story of how he bought his Elise when he retired. An inspiration to us all on how to live your life to the full.

SE will miss him and we can only hope to live a life as colourful as Tuts was. His stories and exploits will be spoken about for years to come.

I will open a nice dram and raise a glass for you tonight Tut. 🥃 You are a legend.

May you rest in peace.

Steve & Kathy.

Jam_s160

Re: Tut the Legend

Post by Jam_s160 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Some great stories & fab photos...

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:08 pm

Sad to hear this. My thoughts with the rest of the family and all on here who enjoyed his friendship and company. A real character who will be missed but remembered by all of us who knew him.
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

istoo

Post by istoo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:34 pm

sad news, but definitely a stand out character.

i first met him at knockhill as i was trying to get my car into the pits garage, first, he wandered in bare feet into his car, jumped in and promptly shut his own hand in the door... and still moved the car out of the way. random mad friendly.

RIP tut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S2 111s

Lazydonkey

Post by Lazydonkey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Think I first met him at KH very early in my vx owning spree. He took me out (clearly I'd just met him!) and was amazed by the grip and braking of his car. So I asked him what he was running. Iirc he said he's found the rears in the shed and he had a pagid on one corner and a mintex on the other. I was horrified but he somehow made it work. Mental and so very tut.

Plenty more runs and nights out followed and it never got dull introducing him to the English vx boys and girls. I think they enjoyed meeting up with tut as much as they enjoyed the roads. He's a total legend on that forum too.

However I'll never forgot aviemore last year when I arrived in the bar. Tut had his back to me and was holding court in the bar asking with woody, dave, Sanj and a few others "are you sure theres no one else?" everyone says "yes tut no one else is coming", then he looked around and said "hold on donkey isn't here yet..." and I tapped him on the shoulder. Got the best big hug from him with a huge smile and a punch on the arm. I then got to watch almost the same scenario happen with more and more people. The look of amazement didn't fade until the last person arrived long after my vision went :D

Rip tut xxxx
Focus ST estate, i3s and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?

ICD

Post by ICD » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:57 pm

To one of the good guys that has been a pleasure to meet and drive with..

..we will met again...some sunny day....

..say hello to the folks that I know..

..Im sure you will create havoc, until the next time..god bless..

Ian

tenkfeet

Post by tenkfeet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Drove home a bit faster in his honour tonight.

R.I.P. Tut
No lotus
Exige Sport 350 (Sold)
Elise Cup 250 (Air con and radio tubby spec) (Sold)
Evora S (sold)

renmure

Post by renmure » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:12 pm

First met tut at KH. The bare feet in the rain made it memorable.

I'm smiling thinking back to the SE/Lotus day that I organised a few years ago down at Perth Airport. The weather was so grotty that only my mate Stuart was able to take folk for low level hurls around the airfield in the R22 helicopter. Tut took a ride near the end to make sure everyone else had a turn and at the end of the day Stuart came over to me and said something along the lines of, "... what was it about that guy with the bare feet? I asked if he'd ever been in a helicopter and was telling me all about flying flying choppers up Everest, shooting folk out of them, getting shot down in them, crashing them and other stories that sounded more like the came from Dan Dare or a Commando comic." I remember telling him that tut was pretty modest about these things and he would have heard the dumbed down and simplified version. Stuart, who was a proper gentleman and lay-preacher went away shaking his head, grinning like a cat and saying "F'kin Legend!" Not a bad description.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Wanted: Train.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:20 pm

I've not been on here for a long time.
Saw Andy Gordon's Instagram post and had to check on here.

He was one hell of an amazing character and a great guy to meet.
I'll always remeber the times he took me out pax.
Rip tut. You were one of the good ones.

Adam
Formerly Known as: ARphotographs
1.6 Sxi Vauxhall Astra: with sport button spec - Sold 8 years ago
1.8 Mk2 Mx-5 : Ginger hairdressing spec - Sold 6 years ago

Only on here because I still itch to get a lotus!

JohnStewart

Post by JohnStewart » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Awful news. I first met Tut over 20 years ago, when he turned up to an Impreza meet down at the beach in Aberdeen. Over the years we had many great times with the Tour d'Ecosse events, countless track days, lots of beers, whiskies and great stories.

RIP my friend.

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:43 pm

A real character, something rare these days. Like many others here, first met tut at KH back in my Caterham days doing SIDC days, his gravel-rashed blue honda S1 was always one of the cars who would challenge anyone :thumbsup

Had the pleasure of sitting directly across from him at last year's Sweeping Up the Leaves lunch in Killin. Always interesting discussions to be had about various topics :D

RIP tut.
Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen:

:cheers

kevham

Post by kevham » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Complete legend. I first met him at KH in about 2004 or 2005. Like most folk, the bare feet were the first thing I noticed. I remember my first time at Fintray hill climb in the VX - he turned up and held court. Ribbed me for doing a crap time and proceeded to rib everybody else for doing crap times (even though they were good times).

RIP.
My racing blog: www.racingfive.co.uk

2001 VX220 NA - SOLD
2002 Seat Alhambra - family towcar shed
1996 Volvo 940 Sports Edition - winter shed
1983 Mercedes 280SE - dictator shed
2001 Citroen Saxo VTS - hillclimb shed

duggiesmith

Post by duggiesmith » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:50 pm

:cry:
A true legend.
I've made a lot of friends through SE. I know it wouldn't be half the forum it is if it wasn't for tut.
So long Tut.
Duggie

There are 3 types of people in the world. Those that can add up and those that can't.

Aubergine Elise S

Andrew C

Post by Andrew C » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:56 pm

A big loss and a big part of Scottish Elise . Remember the first time we met Knockhill in the pits who the feck is that old boy in the Elise with na shoes. What legend. Thoughts with the family.
Andrew
Andrew
Esprit V8
Exige S V6

ceejam

Post by ceejam » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 pm

So sad to hear this, total legend!

I’m sure there are many great stories to be retold.......

Slainte Mhaith Tut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk