All roads lead to Lotus... or do they?

Anything goes in here.....
Andy G

Re: All roads lead to Lotus... or do they?

Post by Andy G » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Simon82 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:24 am
Just to try and sway away from "zee Germanz" I have to say that I would be seriously tempted to this if I hadn't bought my V6...
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... ac/9220803

Got the right suspension on it plus the Cup rarity should mean strong residuals. I get that not everybody will like the red wheels but for me on this car it works. My only question would be why has it not got the original tailgate fitted as to me the one that came on the cup 360 is the nicest one so far.
the Cup cars are fantastic to drive. Gav K has that suspension set up in his Evora and its awesome.
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

dlogan

Post by dlogan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 pm

Simon82 wrote:
Just to try and sway away from "zee Germanz" I have to say that I would be seriously tempted to this if I hadn't bought my V6...

Got the right suspension on it plus the Cup rarity should mean strong residuals. I get that not everybody will like the red wheels but for me on this car it works. My only question would be why has it not got the original tailgate fitted as to me the one that came on the cup 360 is the nicest one so far.
The tailgate looks correct it’s the same as the one on my cup 360. Was there a different one ? Did it change part way through the run I wonder, as the later cars had the open gearchange (as mine does too), so maybe some differences?

And candy red on the wheels are just :mrgreen:

Cheers
David

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 am

I’ve ordered an M4 Competition Pack in Individual Porsche Riviera blue, carbon pack, ultimate pack. I love how BMW just drop their pants at the end of the production runs.

I’ve been an M fan for years just never been in a position to be able to run one as have always went for the best of the non M. So I’m gonna take a break from lotus for a while until I forget about about the debacle, maybe in 4 years or so when the Cup 430 is no longer silly money I’ll come back.
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

Clarkie

Post by Clarkie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:21 am

Good choice what’s in the ultimate pack?
I had an M3 when first F80 came out, stunning looking car, very capable. Never gelled with the handling but believe current models are completely different. Probably me though😀

Stones used to jam between the shields and rear discs, thought something had fell off first time it happened, they’ll have fixed this too

Your neighbours will love the cold start🤣

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:56 am

Thanks Clarkie, yes the handling is much improved now now and the car is more neutral than the spiky snappy original version. I’ve test driven them both and thought no way on the original one, the newer ones are much better as you note.

Ultimate pack is basically all the juicy options, HK sound, surround cameras, head up display, anti stupid crash tech, tinted windows etc etc.

Yes the brake backing plate catches stones, there’s a revised part in the newer ones I believe.

It’s a funny story how I came about it... I was about to pull the trigger on a mineral white one or maybe Yas Marina Blue and a neighbour had one parked in his drive in a stunning colour, so I chapped his door, turned out he was the general manager for Stirling BMW and 2 days later I’d bought it. Need to wait till 1st of May tho as it was their demo. It’s now tucked away till the minimum time they need to hold it passes.
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

campbell

Post by campbell » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:41 am

Congrats Ross.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:17 am

YES! I bought Porsche...Need more Lotus in my life... partially due to the fact I now drive a Diesel C Class.... eeeeeks
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:17 am

YES! I bought Porsche...Need more Lotus in my life... partially due to the fact I now drive a Diesel C Class.... eeeeeks
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

IanD

Post by IanD » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:08 am

Great colour choice, shame you ended up going BMW but glad it’s sorted.
White Porsche man
1993 968 ClubSport - see it @https://youtu.be/8PnI0VE1B54
2010 Boxster Spyder

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:15 am

rawsco wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:56 am
It’s a funny story how I came about it... I was about to pull the trigger on a mineral white one or maybe Yas Marina Blue and a neighbour had one parked in his drive in a stunning colour, so I chapped his door, turned out he was the general manager for Stirling BMW and 2 days later I’d bought it. Need to wait till 1st of May tho as it was their demo. It’s now tucked away till the minimum time they need to hold it passes.
Every cloud has a silver lining. :D

Congratulations on your new steed and hopefully you will have some trouble free motoring after all the hassle that you have been through over the last few months.

Enjoy :thumbsup

Steve.

Clarkie

Post by Clarkie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:22 am

rawsco wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:56 am
Thanks Clarkie, yes the handling is much improved now now and the car is more neutral than the spiky snappy original version. I’ve test driven them both and thought no way on the original one, the newer ones are much better as you note.

Ultimate pack is basically all the juicy options, HK sound, surround cameras, head up display, anti stupid crash tech, tinted windows etc etc.

Yes the brake backing plate catches stones, there’s a revised part in the newer ones I believe.

😎 happy and safe motoring mate👍
Cheers
Clark

istoo

Post by istoo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:44 pm

Clarkie wrote:Good choice what’s in the ultimate pack?
I had an M3 when first F80 came out, stunning looking car, very capable. Never gelled with the handling but believe current models are completely different. Probably me thoughImage

Stones used to jam between the shields and rear discs, thought something had fell off first time it happened, they’ll have fixed this too

Your neighbours will love the cold start🤣
ours still eats stones and the noise it makes is horrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S2 111s

Simon82

Post by Simon82 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:17 am

dlogan wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 pm
Simon82 wrote:

The tailgate looks correct it’s the same as the one on my cup 360. Was there a different one ? Did it change part way through the run I wonder, as the later cars had the open gearchange (as mine does too), so maybe some differences?

And candy red on the wheels are just :mrgreen:

Cheers
David
Cup 360 originally came with different tailgate, the vents surrounding the lovered section were of a far nicer design in my opinion. You can see it in this video of one from protek
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvZ0Lynngy4 ... gmi1czy2sq
Last edited by Simon82 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Audi RS4 Avant
2019 Porsche 718 GT4
2018 VW Transporter T6 (bike shed :) )

Ferg

Post by Ferg » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:13 pm

Love that surround! 8)

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:58 am

campbell wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:43 pm
Aye that's true. Enjoy it while you can Ross. Miniblonde's clock has to go off soon...
Bing! Baby Due 13th March.
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410