All roads lead to Lotus... or do they?

Anything goes in here.....
Andy G

Re: All roads lead to Lotus... or do they?

Post by Andy G » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:54 pm

What about the Litchfield Carrera T?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/po ... -uk-review

Reckon it could be a vastly better option to another Exige - toying with it myself.
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

graeme

Post by graeme » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:10 am

Couldn't see the sense in the Litchfield T when I first read about it. Buy a Porsche, void the warranty, and make it virtually worthless when you try to sell it on or trade it in...

But having looked again last week (when you mentioned it, Andy) I totally get it now. That's a genius package, possibly the perfect (modern) 911.

Even with a used T and the cheaper upgrade options, there's no change from £90k though...

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:18 am

I get the impression that it's the man on the street's only way into GT3 behaviours?

Unlike the time in early noughties when they were "only" £45k and anyone could have one
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Ferg

Post by Ferg » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:37 am

You live on an expensive street Campbell! 😲😉

campbell

All roads lead to Lotus... or do they?

Post by campbell » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:44 am

I wish !!!

I shoulda wrote "anyone not already in possession of a Porsche GT model already"

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:27 pm

graeme wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:10 am
Couldn't see the sense in the Litchfield T when I first read about it. Buy a Porsche, void the warranty, and make it virtually worthless when you try to sell it on or trade it in...

But having looked again last week (when you mentioned it, Andy) I totally get it now. That's a genius package, possibly the perfect (modern) 911.

Even with a used T and the cheaper upgrade options, there's no change from £90k though...
Litchfield also sell cars (they have a fantastic name in the GTR world), should the used network not want it back. The prices are already coming down on the Carrera T and in to next year I suspect they will start at £60k, which is Exige money - £8k to Litchfield - and you've an epic car for daily life & trackways - where I think it will be first class is for Euro track trips or long ones . Certainly where my GT3s excelled.

I remember heading to Oulton looking at poor Ali in this 211 in the pissing rain, sitting behind him on the M6, heated seats on , doing a conference call, with cruise control engaged :D .

Worth looking at the reviews of the car - as there are some proper testers raving about it. Having met Ian Litchfield the last time I was there, there is little chance this wont be epic :thumbsup

Also just remembered they are also working on a modified Alpine - as they have one of the first and have been playing around with that - so expect tp see some tests of that in the not to distant future.
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

Rosssco

Post by Rosssco » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Andy G wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:27 pm
graeme wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:10 am

Litchfield also sell cars (they have a fantastic name in the GTR world), should the used network not want it back. The prices are already coming down on the Carrera T and in to next year I suspect they will start at £60k, which is Exige money - £8k to Litchfield - and you've an epic car for daily life & trackways - where I think it will be first class is for Euro track trips or long ones . Certainly where my GT3s excelled.

I remember heading to Oulton looking at poor Ali in this 211 in the pissing rain, sitting behind him on the M6, heated seats on , doing a conference call, with cruise control engaged :D .

Worth looking at the reviews of the car - as there are some proper testers raving about it. Having met Ian Litchfield the last time I was there, there is little chance this wont be epic :thumbsup

Also just remembered they are also working on a modified Alpine - as they have one of the first and have been playing around with that - so expect tp see some tests of that in the not to distant future.
Who had the more enjoyable drive when you got to Oulton, though..? :wink:

I guess an Exige has similar levels of involvement / character as the 211, but also has an acceptable usability window (not the same as an M6, of course).

I personnally think the OP should buy another V6, and allocate some cash for resolution of 'issues'.. And maybe a tweak or two..
VX220 SC
M135i
Parajet V3 Moster 185

graeme

Post by graeme » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Yeah, but Andy was sitting ON the M6, not IN it. That's a lot windier.

:D

Rosssco

Post by Rosssco » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:32 pm

graeme wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Yeah, but Andy was sitting ON the M6, not IN it. That's a lot windier.

:D
Fail :lol:
VX220 SC
M135i
Parajet V3 Moster 185

Rosssco

Post by Rosssco » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Alpine A110 with a remap:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-dri ... iven/39247

Probably very similar road performance to a base Exige V6
VX220 SC
M135i
Parajet V3 Moster 185

jen
Girl racer

Post by jen » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:45 pm

It is quite cool.... Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:50 pm

I like it from certain angles but hate it from others. Need to go see one in the flesh.

Woke up wanting a Caterham this morning... it’s not getting any easier...
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

jen
Girl racer

Post by jen » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:29 pm

Iv had two Caterhams, a Superlight R and an R500. Loved the SLR, hated the R500. But they aren’t the easiest to live with. Some people love them, others hate them, guess you just have to try them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:41 pm

rawsco wrote:I like it from certain angles but hate it from others. Need to go see one in the flesh.

Woke up wanting a Caterham this morning... it’s not getting any easier...
Buy another Exige and be done with it.

You know it makes sense.

ScottJ-PS

Post by ScottJ-PS » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Alpine looks better in flesh than photos