Aftermarket Part Fitting Recommendations

Anything goes in here.....
c8rkh

Re: Aftermarket Part Fitting Recommendations

Post by c8rkh » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:48 am

Oh my that deteriorated quickly. As someone said earlier if you post facts, truths, then how can that be slander or libel?

The usual problem is that people embellish. Miss key things out (so you get half the story). Tell other people stories not very well.

If I was a supplier I'd love a platform like these to tell of my experiences with customers. Some would be great, some laughable, and some down right shocking I am sure.

I use Craig Moncrieff. In 5 years of Loti ownership never had an issue that wasn't sorted quickly. A couple of niggles. But nothing I cried about. As a result not had a need to go elsewhere so cannot comment on alternatives. If I had/does screw things up I'd be confident to share the facts. Isn't that what forums are for?
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

c8rkh

Post by c8rkh » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:49 am

Oh my that deteriorated quickly. As someone said earlier if you post facts, truths, then how can that be slander or libel?

The usual problem is that people embellish. Miss key things out (so you get half the story). Tell other people stories not very well.

If I was a supplier I'd love a platform like these to tell of my experiences with customers. Some would be great, some laughable, and some down right shocking I am sure.

I use Craig Moncrieff. In 5 years of Loti ownership never had an issue that wasn't sorted quickly. A couple of niggles. But nothing I cried about. As a result not had a need to go elsewhere so cannot comment on alternatives. If he had/does screw things up I'd be confident to share the facts. Isn't that what forums are for?
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

BigD

Post by BigD » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:56 am

c8rkh wrote:Oh my that deteriorated quickly.

Indeed. Doesn’t exactly paint SE as the open, welcoming and forgiving place that it is (or was). In the words of Mckean’s favourite musical “let it go, let it go”. And as wise old yoda said “anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering”

We all make mistakes and should be given a chance to right those mistakes. Most of us know how hard it is running a business........

Libel is written and slander is spoken. I remember it easily with slander and speak both starting with an ‘s’.

campbell

Post by campbell » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:02 pm

Lol

Thanks for the memory trick there, D !

Completely agree with points above re: sharing facts being admissible and indeed encouraged.

The problems come when in open and welcoming sites like ours, some additional parties start piling in with less factual criticism OR support. And it quickly gets out of hand. That’s all.

Share away. Good or bad. Although we may need to rename Testimonials to Reviews. Or Reevoos ;-)
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:17 pm

Deleted - posted in wrong thread
Last edited by j2 lot on Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:06 am

Deleted
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

ScottJ-PS

Post by ScottJ-PS » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:47 am

A touchy thread, I read all above prior to deletions and edits . Keeping it short and factual.

Kenny Brown serviced my Elan M100 for 10 years + the family sheds. No problems at all. Good service and highly skilled professional mechanics .

CMC have serviced my Elise past 3 years. Again no problems at all. Went out of their way to do some mods for me e.g fitting S3 seat runner to a S2 Rover (yes they are different) .

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:37 am

ScottJ-PS wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:47 am
A touchy thread, I read all above prior to deletions and edits . Keeping it short and factual.

Kenny Brown serviced my Elan M100 for 10 years + the family sheds. No problems at all. Good service and highly skilled professional mechanics .

CMC have serviced my Elise past 3 years. Again no problems at all. Went out of their way to do some mods for me e.g fitting S3 seat runner to a S2 Rover (yes they are different) .
Yes, as long as people realise that only positive comments are allowed on forums (well, this one).

campbell

Aftermarket Part Fitting Recommendations

Post by campbell » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:40 am

Negative presumably fine if factual.

But a provider should always be given a chance to put things right before you take it public. IMHO.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

philthy

Post by philthy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:02 pm

Or not do any bodge jobs/charge for things that haven’t been done in the first place
S1 Elige Audi 1.8T
S1 Elise Honda K20
VW T6.1 family bus