SE BMW M2 Club

Anything goes in here.....
Sanjøy

Re: SE BMW M2 Club

Post by Sanjøy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:12 pm

mckeann wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:37 pm
Everyone who gets an M2 shifts it on. The M140i is the one everyone wants. Except Sanjoy
I did it for the environment. Moved from the thinking mans M2 to the thinking mans E63.
W213 All Terrain

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:25 pm

I still have my M2C and although limited COVID mileage it's a proper hoot. No thoughts to change it.
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

DDtB
Dodgy Dave the Ba***rd

Post by DDtB » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:16 pm

My M2 is away now as well.

Threw the toys out the pram and got rid sharpish after having to put up with Arnold Clark as the Main Dealer for servicing and warranty work. Didn't help when i found out the £1k warranty is basically expensive toilet paper too.

Great cars but no car is good enough to make up for using Arnold Clark.

Glad to break the association with BMW given the latest designs coming out from them. They've lost the plot.

Trying Ford now.

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:50 pm

Holy member resurrection Dave, how the devil are you?

And your Mustang?
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Stevoraith

Post by Stevoraith » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:33 am

DDtB wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:16 pm

Threw the toys out the pram and got rid sharpish after having to put up with Arnold Clark as the Main Dealer for servicing and warranty work. Didn't help when i found out the £1k warranty is basically expensive toilet paper too.

Glad to break the association with BMW given the latest designs coming out from them. They've lost the plot.

Trying Ford now.
Harry Fairbairn? Which branch?

Kirkcaldy HF are a massive improvement from when it was Phoenix before but admittedly that was a really low bar...

Want to share any more on the warranty issues? I’m weighing up whether to buy a warranty when mine runs out or just to stick the money in a disaster fund.
VX220 2.2 - Gone
BMW 335d Touring F31- Fastest car on the road
MINI Cooper 1.5- More fun than the BMW

greyrigg

Post by greyrigg » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Still got my M2. 65k miles but finally getting fed up of the appalling ride.

Harry Fairbairn in Dumfries are okay because they still have the old staff from before they took over. Not the same family business feel though.

Don’t know what to replace it with. Looked at everything from new M4 to Panamera to Range Rover to Alpine to 911 to f-type. Nothing appeals so I will probably just run it into the ground.

Malcolm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campbell

Post by campbell » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:53 pm

Type 131, Malcolm

greyrigg

Post by greyrigg » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 am

campbell wrote:Type 131, Malcolm Image
It may be worth hanging on a bit to see what type 131 is.

Malcolm

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:44 pm

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed

Lazydonkey

Post by Lazydonkey » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:45 pm

Stevoraith wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:33 am
DDtB wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:16 pm

Trying Ford now.
Harry Fairbairn? Which branch?

Kirkcaldy HF are a massive improvement from when it was Phoenix before but admittedly that was a really low bar...

Want to share any more on the warranty issues? I’m weighing up whether to buy a warranty when mine runs out or just to stick the money in a disaster fund.
Dave and i both had issues with Giffnock. We both had the fully comp covers everything £850 warranty and both found exceptions on it.

In my case the mpg stats from the car weren't being sent to the cloud and app. Not a huge issue but i was worried it was due to a bigger issue Suggestion from BMW was to update idrive software, which i'd already done. But BMW insisted that they had betterer computers with betterer wires and and they needed to do it themselves. This was step 1 on their process and they wouldn't move to step 2 without it. Wasn't covered under warranty so after a lot of arguing we agreed that i'd pay (£200 iirc) but they'd refund me if it didn't work. It didn't work and a month later i got my money back but the whole thing left a poor taste in my mouth. They eventually traced it to a database error (which i'd suggested on day one) but it took months, Wasn't why i sold the car but didn't help.

IIRC Dave had amp issues (which is a known fault subject to a recall) and they took hours diagnosing the issue and then charged him for the labour as they diagnosed a loose earthing wire which wasn't covered under warranty. After paying for that the car then had exactly the same fault and then there was another argument as they said it wasn't covered due to water ingress rather than failure. I think. Something like that.

The main issue for me is you need the warranty in case the engine goes pop (mate's v8 m5 went bang and the bill was £10K) but it then means you are forced into the dealer network for everything. So you're paying two premiums in effect. One for your warranty and one for inflated servicing. For me it meant the cost to run the car for 2k miles a year was £1700 before i'd even put fuel in it.
i3s, Volvo and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?

BigD

Post by BigD » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:54 am

greyrigg wrote:Still got my M2. 65k miles but finally getting fed up of the appalling ride.

Harry Fairbairn in Dumfries are okay because they still have the old staff from before they took over. Not the same family business feel though.

Don’t know what to replace it with. Looked at everything from new M4 to Panamera to Range Rover to Alpine to 911 to f-type. Nothing appeals so I will probably just run it into the ground.

Malcolm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can see you in a new M5 Image

Clarkie

Post by Clarkie » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:11 pm

greyrigg wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Yeah all too corporate these days, bought many cars from Grassicks BMW in Perth over 17 years when Colin owned the business, friendly and 100% customer focussed, bit different now, bought my current car from Lloyd in Carlisle, pretty slick and similar feel good factor to Grassicks in the day :thumbsup

DDtB
Dodgy Dave the Ba***rd

Post by DDtB » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:01 am

campbell wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:50 pm

And your Mustang? Image
Mustang was a fun experiment but ultimately a total failure.

Won't bore you with the details but 6 months of taking it to the dealer every two weeks to try and fix a whining noisy clunky diff got tiring. Every 'fix' made it worse so in the end fired complaints off to anyone who'd listen and got a full refund. That was a 2018, one owner car with 22k miles on it and needed an entire new back axle and clutch.

It's a fun car to try but not sure I'd recommend one to actually own. Massive thing on the outside and small inside. Rear seats are like an evora almost. Engine is brilliant fun though and no regrets, but also no rush to get another one.

Wanted something more reliable and easier to live with than the Beemer or the Ford this time, so bought an Alfa.

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:03 am

DDtB wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:01 am
campbell wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:50 pm

And your Mustang? Image
Mustang was a fun experiment but ultimately a total failure.

Won't bore you with the details but 6 months of taking it to the dealer every two weeks to try and fix a whining noisy clunky diff got tiring. Every 'fix' made it worse so in the end fired complaints off to anyone who'd listen and got a full refund. That was a 2018, one owner car with 22k miles on it and needed an entire new back axle and clutch.

It's a fun car to try but not sure I'd recommend one to actually own. Massive thing on the outside and small inside. Rear seats are like an evora almost. Engine is brilliant fun though and no regrets, but also no rush to get another one.

Wanted something more reliable and easier to live with than the Beemer or the Ford this time, so bought an Alfa.
Mito?
"Here for a good time not a long time"

DDtB
Dodgy Dave the Ba***rd

Post by DDtB » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:47 am

Giulia Quadrifoglioiooioiioioio. Sensible financial decision.. as always.