Leven VIP Invitation

Anything goes in here.....
IanD

Re: Leven VIP Invitation

Post by IanD » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:01 am

IanD wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:32 am
Going through tomorrow morning based on a Porsche Club invite

Forecast looks worst possible weather, hope they aren’t flooded again.

And I’ll think about the 8k off the Type 25 :leave
Had a great Saturday morning at Leven, managed to get it sunny with mostly drying roads.
Didn’t know it was back where Murrays used to be until I arrived at the wrong garage !

Short notice invite through Porsche Club so only around 6 people were there for coffee, bacon rolls, pastries and some test drives.

Laura plus help from a graduate from the Aston side to take people out in the Exige 350 and Evora 410 sport for test drives.

Some used ‘bargains’

Liked the Exige, still felt like an Elise to me with better engine noise and heavier, less loose steering. Evora was good as well, although didn’t enjoy it as much as the Exige. Titanium exhaust on Evora in sports mode did sound good especially fully using 3rd gear lots on the back roads, Cup 2 tyres after hitting big puddles were interesting. My test drive in Exige wasn’t best as person was new to Edinburgh and we went wrong route so I got a full on 45mins for compensation in the Evora which was appreciated.

Interesting none of the Porsche guys had ever driven a Lotus even though most have a few cars ☹️

Before the drive they weren’t too impressed with the pricing of Exige/Evora or some of the parts used in stalks, switches and key fobs.

But after driving they were impressed and a few really interested in what they would be like on track.
Irrespective of slagging off other brands, people etc it’s a shame that some guys who have money to spend on multiple cars haven’t even been considering having a lotus in their collection ☹️

Other write up here

https://www.facebook.com/16387786862301 ... 1&sfns=xmo
Last edited by IanD on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Porsche man
1993 968 ClubSport - see it @https://youtu.be/8PnI0VE1B54
2010 Boxster Spyder

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 am

It is strange that Lotus is always subject of brand snobbery - more than almost any other ‘prestige’ brand. So many people bring up the -lots of trouble reference when you say what you drive.
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

campbell

Post by campbell » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:17 pm

j2 lot wrote:It is strange that Lotus is always subject of brand snobbery - more than almost any other ‘prestige’ brand. So many people bring up the -lots of trouble reference when you say what you drive.
The trouble is...the Trouble strapline is remarkably accurate :-)

Albeit I think the advantage even a troublesome Lotus has is, it's dynamically brilliant. So those in the know are inclined to overlook the quirky behaviours. A bit like a cantankerous cousin.

Always detest those "you save" price tickets that show the delta from a new price but on a used car. Bit cheeky.

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk

http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:32 pm

I think the friendly, all welcome attitude on SE is great. On other groups I have been quite shocked to see a genuine anti Porche snobbery going on.. poor show IMHO.
campbell wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Always detest those "you save" price tickets that show the delta from a new price but on a used car. Bit cheeky.

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk
Used car salesman in underhand tactics shocker... :damnfunny
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Agree on forums and even face to face that everyone loves a Lotus - but suggest they buy one and they run a mile, Lotus is always set up against Porsche - “ you could have a (name of any Porsche here) for the price of that (any Lotus) :roll:
2015 Lotus Evora

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:08 pm

And agree on the subject of discounts- they are irrelevant , as you said above/ elsewhere Dom, cost to change is the only relevant number
2015 Lotus Evora

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:38 pm

j2 lot wrote:Agree on forums and even face to face that everyone loves a Lotus - but suggest they buy one and they run a mile, Lotus is always set up against Porsche - “ you could have a (name of any Porsche here) for the price of that (any Lotus) :roll:
https://youtu.be/UVbKP_J_fPM
W213 All Terrain