Test Drives NLC

Anything goes in here.....
Clarkie

Test Drives NLC

Post by Clarkie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:26 pm

My bro had a BMW 530e for a few days while his car was in for service
Very very smooth particularly stop/start in traffic, imperceptible when changing from battery to petrol power even at 50mph
Idrive shows the system in action on the central screen probably why it has collision avoidance too🤣
It even had a heated steering wheel, 1st 🌎 problem having cold hands when driving 🤣
Full battery range is limited but as an every day driver in town/city very relaxing
Not sure if it’s the future or a step on the way there.............

Anyone else drove anything else interesting/obscure lately?

Cheers

Clark

campbell

Re: Test Drives NLC

Post by campbell » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Just my Elise, Clarkie
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Clarkie

Post by Clarkie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Agree 100% there’s driving for enjoyment then there is A2B, nothing beats Lotus for the former👍

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:17 pm

Bit of a thread drift but similar subject. I’ve not test driven but had a mooch about a few showrooms looking at 4x4 s when getting cars serviced. .
F-Pace and E-Pace both familiar & similar to our XE, service staff helpful but showroom staff never came near me despite me being in and out of cars in the showroom and around all the stock on the forecourt.
Volvo next door really helpful- young female sales person came out to see if I needed help, despite saying I was looking & not buying she got keys to xc 40s and 60s ,took time out to chat and find out what I might be interested in, offered a test drive and sent me off with useful info.
Porsche was empty -showroom host asked if I needed help. Couldn’t find a Macan despite being there in the showroom. When I pointed it out she said she’d get someone from sales to to speak to me. Left after 15 minutes without seeing anyone.
Different day - Vauxhall in for repair (under lifetime warranty or wouldn’t have been near the place ) 9+ staff in the showroom, we sat for 20 minutes before keys handed back with no comment no paperwork and no interest or knowledge shown.
It’s no surprise to me now that car sales are slumping, you would think they would be falling over themselves to get customers through the doors but as a potential customer for a £30-40k car it is shocking that the dealers are so poor.
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline