Top height of the wing mirrors Elise & Exige ?

Anything goes in here.....
scott_e

Top height of the wing mirrors Elise & Exige ?

Post by scott_e » Mon May 18, 2020 10:02 am

Graphic design not a strong point i know :) ..... got a couple of questions if someone has a measuring tape and 5 mins handy :)

1. In MM , what is the top height of the Exige 350 wing mirrors ?

2. In MM , what is the top height of the Elise 250 Cup wing mirrors ? (assume its the same for all S3 Elises)

Basically my garage hinge has an arm at 970mm. If a Lotus wing mirror upper height is less than 970mm then I go from 2044mm to 2090mm when parking in the garage i.e when transitioning via the door, the garage floor wider once parked :)

Elise width inc mirrors = 1850mm
Exige v5 width inc mirrors = 1933mm

What is the upper height of the mirrors ?

Re the garage door thread , toying with the idea of a roller door to increase width but also converting half the double garage into a new room (narrow room, more garage floor space more important to me)

But in the interim in the event i get a car before actioning the room conversion + new garage door, would like to understand how much access room I have. Worth noting Simon Arrnott reversed his Exige S2 S into the garage a few years back (thanks again Simon, hope you are well lad).

Also, in regards to the running costs, any input appreciated, ball park figures, i am sure I have missed a few things i.e brakes etc. Car wont be tracked , 2000 miles a year max. Currently do 4000 miles in one car so assuming that is split with 2 cars.

Was planning to purchase this summer then a 5 figure tax bill from Mr HMRC delayed, then covid-19 hit, so no test drives yet :( will get there eventually but probably going to delay until start of next year now .... the old Yiddish proverb springs to mind “We plan, God laughs,”

Thanks for any help
Scott

Dominic

Re: Top height of the wing mirrors Elise & Exige ?

Post by Dominic » Mon May 18, 2020 11:06 am

Hi Scott,

I know not the car you asked about,.. but can't imagine the others would be too far off; my S1 Elise (slightly lowered), top of wing mirror is 820mm above ground level.

Will be interested to see if the other models are far off that.

Cheers
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

scott_e

Post by scott_e » Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks for measuring Dom, gives me hope :)

twinrotor2

Post by twinrotor2 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:28 pm

My S3 220 is 860mm to top of door mirror
Chrome Orange Elise S

scott_e

Post by scott_e » Mon May 18, 2020 3:18 pm

twinrotor2 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:28 pm
My S3 220 is 860mm to top of door mirror
Thank you Jim , really helpful :thumbsup