Builder Recommendation

Anything goes in here.....
greido

Builder Recommendation

Post by greido » Tue May 19, 2020 9:00 pm

Can anyone recommend a good builder that would work in Edinburgh? - I'm doing a fairly extensive extension and renovation and would appreciate it if anyone had any recent positive experiences? I've done a quick search on here but the builder recommendations go back almost a decade so possibly not the applicable now.
Current Rides: Evora & BMW X5 (F15)
Gone: Elise S3, 350zGT, Boxster S, BMW X5 (E70)

robin
Jedi Master

Re: Builder Recommendation

Post by robin » Thu May 21, 2020 7:32 am

I've used two recently - both excellent.

Hoggs of Edinburgh Ltd. kevanhogg@googlemail.com - they redid the stone work outside my house as well as widening a garage entrance. Their stone work is excellent. They show up on time and get the job done. I don't think they do any interior fitting type stuff (like flooring, decorating, etc.). They've done a lot of work in my street, all based on being recommended by others I think! The price quoted was competitive.

Wayne Smith Rennovations. http://www.waynesmithrenovations.co.uk Again they show up on time and get the job done. Wayne did a bathroom conversion for us; not cheap but quality. I think he has tie ins with some builders too as they definitely do larger rennovation jobs. But he's busy and booked into the future, so that might not work for you.

Feel free to mention us ("Robin & Katie Iddon") if you get in touch with them - buys me nothing, but I think it's nice for them to know that they are being recommended.

One anti-recommendation, if you need sash and case windows drop me a PM and I'll double check the company name before bad mouthing them ;-) But they were woeful and I think we will need to get in somebody else to do the job again, if we don't move first :-)
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

greido

Re: Builder Recommendation

Post by greido » Thu May 21, 2020 9:27 pm

Many thanks Robin, much appreciated. I'll reach out to the guys you've recommended.
Current Rides: Evora & BMW X5 (F15)
Gone: Elise S3, 350zGT, Boxster S, BMW X5 (E70)