Leccy cars

Anything goes in here.....
Fluoxetine

Re: Leccy cars

Post by Fluoxetine » Fri May 28, 2021 9:59 am

Looks great Scotty 8) - I really like the design of these (probably down to the Mk1 Civic looks)

We had a VW ID3 on test for a day at the end of last year. I was all set on ordering, but wobbled at the last minute and bought an ICE Golf instead.

Our issue was that it would be our only car, and while that wouldn't be an issue 80-90% of the time (i.e. most journeys we routinely undertake are <60 miles), when we drove to Scotland (which we usually do 4-5 times per year) it would need a top up on the way (real world range was around ~260 miles; trip length is 290 miles).

While this shouldn't be an problem, I'd been following the availability of the chargers closest to the ferry port in Belfast on ABRP, and they seemed to be either constantly occupied or broken. There are other chargers available in Belfast (of course) but that meant leaving very early in case they were also broken / occupied, or stopping for 30-40 minutes around Glasgow on the other side, which seemed like unnecessary hassle when we were only 40 mins from our final destination. (We could hire an ICE car / fly, but that would bug me on principle).

If we were ever to need two daily drivers again, we'd definitely look at the like of the Honda / Renault Zoe for one of them, having the back up of the ICE Golf for longer trips :D

mckeann

Post by mckeann » Mon May 31, 2021 11:57 pm

I’m jealous Scotty. Been trying to talk the missus into one of them, mainly coz I really want to be able to borrow it. Look forward to the reviews

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:46 pm

Range anxiety is a thing. 100 miles if your lucky. i do 40 miles a day and havnt chanced 2 full days yet.
Sport mode is good for the small spirited journey , it just keeps pulling, also uses a lot of battery.
Ride quality is very good, sporty but without the bang crashyness, also has loads of grip.
Seats are comfy but I need the armrest. they dont sell them with the car but you can buy them from an importer £260 :roll:
It’s a head turner
you cant see out the rear view camera if the dealer puts there sticker over it :lol:
Feeding the fish uses battery power? https://www.facebook.com/AutoExpress/vi ... 5325597453
charging only at work just now (free) but waiting on a charger at home. took 3 hours to fill from 48-98%
turning circle is amazing and also makes parking very easy, although it parks itself if you need it to.

so far it ticks most of the boxes i need it to.
"Here for a good time not a long time"

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:58 pm

Cool review mister
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:53 am

Had a Polestar test drive yesterday. Really impressive for a family barge both in fit and finish and driving.
They set them for 1 pedal driving which takes a while to calibrate too. Really quick on the back roads around Livingstone but you can feel it’s a weighty car.
At around £50k for a reasonable spec twin motor car its actually a decent price given the running cost will be low.
I like that there aren’t dealer networks to dilute the ownership experience and you’re dealing with the Polestar direct for sales and servicing rather than ‘insert dealers name here’ .
I’m watching the EV market with interest and Polestar is top of the list just now :thumbsup
Last edited by j2 lot on Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

Dark

Post by Dark » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:17 am

Enjoyed my Livingston test drive on Friday too.

I agree as a family car it's pretty good although the boot isn't that big/deep in my opinion. I found the one pedal driving worked well, you had to be really pushing to need the normal brake to slow down. Olin suspension was less harsh than expected, plenty of grip however electric steering has limited feel.

Certainly not a match in character or handling to my Polestar!
2018 Lotus Exige Sport (metallic grey)
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar (rebel blue)

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:10 pm

I must admit I thought the flappy paddles in the Honda e were a gimmick, but I really like the variability of the regen they offer. For most driving I have it set at one back from full on. Spirited drives it’s full on.

Lindsay had her first drive in it today and loved it.

We also found that until jaspers seat is front facing she will have to drive if we are 4 up.
"Here for a good time not a long time"

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:30 pm

Just joined the “Leccy” brigade today. Picked up the BMW i3 in Dundee, after the drive back to Aberdeen showing I still have I’ve 80 miles left. Quite impressed as this was with a fair bit of spirited bouts of acceleration as the pick up very impressive.

Its mostly for daily/ golf duties so I don’t think the range to big an issue. Now to see how long it takes to recharge to full.

Overall really happy, I’ll see how it’s like to live with long term, just need to get used to Charging more often than visiting the pumps.

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Kinger wrote:Just joined the “Leccy” brigade today. Picked up the BMW i3 in Dundee, after the drive back to Aberdeen showing I still have I’ve 80 miles left. Quite impressed as this was with a fair bit of spirited bouts of acceleration as the pick up very impressive.

Its mostly for daily/ golf duties so I don’t think the range to big an issue. Now to see how long it takes to recharge to full.

Overall really happy, I’ll see how it’s like to live with long term, just need to get used to Charging more often than visiting the pumps.
Keen to hear as considering one of these.
W213 All Terrain

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Kinger wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:30 pm
Just joined the “Leccy” brigade today. Picked up the BMW i3 in Dundee, after the drive back to Aberdeen showing I still have I’ve 80 miles left. Quite impressed as this was with a fair bit of spirited bouts of acceleration as the pick up very impressive.

That’s the thing with leccy giving it the beans need not punish the economy as long as you use the regen and not the brakes (double pikey benefit of saving brake wear). As a tool to get from where I am to where I want to be the tesla is awesome, it goes like sh*t of a shovel and it’s good to drive till 8/10ths (then it goes to sh*t). It’s the do it all car, economical fast as a French t shirt brand connected somewhere and good to drive. But not thaaaaaad good so keeping the petrol beast!
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

Stevoraith

Leccy cars

Post by Stevoraith » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:40 am

Sanjøy wrote:
Kinger wrote:Just joined the “Leccy” brigade today. Picked up the BMW i3 in Dundee, after the drive back to Aberdeen showing I still have I’ve 80 miles left. Quite impressed as this was with a fair bit of spirited bouts of acceleration as the pick up very impressive.

Keen to hear as considering one of these.
Seconded.

What size of battery did you get Kinger?

I believe they do 60, 94 and 120?
VX220 2.2 - Gone
BMW 335d Touring F31- Fastest car on the road
MINI Cooper 1.5- More fun than the BMW

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:36 am

I’ve got the 120ah battery, pretty impressed so far 👍

Mr Momo

Post by Mr Momo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:51 pm

Luverly 😎
Emira - Volvo spec
A1 S-Line - Dennis the Menace spec

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Kinger wrote:I’ve got the 120ah battery, pretty impressed so far Image
How many miles you done now. Any feedback?
W213 All Terrain

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:55 pm

Sanjøy wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:19 pm
Kinger wrote:I’ve got the 120ah battery, pretty impressed so far Image
How many miles you done now. Any feedback?
Really enjoying it for what I use it for, mostly around town and my trips to golf 3 times a week ( 3 x 40 miles). My wife loves it and its now the go to car for both of us.

Its great off the line, when you look in your mirror after pushing off from the lights you think everyone has forgot to go. I charge it up at home once or twice a week, a big plus point is SSE give me 2000KwH free off peak electricity so effectively free juice for the year unless I charge up away from home. The battery seems to last forever around town but my 70mph trips to golf reduces mileage from the battery. When charged it shows about 170 miles but in reality its about 150 from each charge.

The one thing I'm not liking is motorway driving in windy weather, it doesn't feel very stable and needs constant steering inputs. I suspect the i3s would be a better proposition as it has better suspension and wider tyres. I'm sure Gary Henderson could confirm this as he ran both models back to back.

Overall really happy with the car and love the one pedal driving. I would test drive one if your interested, BMW Dundee gave me the keys and said bring it back before the battery is flat.

I've done 2,650 miles and used 468KwH of juice so far.