Myenergie Zappi Car Charging Point?

Anything goes in here.....
Stewart

Myenergie Zappi Car Charging Point?

Post by Stewart » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:46 am

Hi all, been Lotusless for about 5 years now but the most recent purchase was an i3s, which I am really enjoying.

I have yet to have a home charge point installed and, as I have solar pv at home, I thought a Zappi would be good choice to take full advantage of the "free" energy. I did ask the local approved electrician to quote, but he wasn't keen as he didn't think it would work as too far from the inverter or meter box or something else I didn't quite follow. Therefore has anyone in Fife/Dundee had one fitted and can recommend an installer?
Stewart

Sanjøy

Re: Myenergie Zappi Car Charging Point?

Post by Sanjøy » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:44 pm

Following.
W213 All Terrain

mik

Post by mik » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:23 pm

Not Fife/Dundee, but WB Electrical fitted our Zappi for Mrs mik’s E-Tron, and walked us through the grant processes. I’d be surprised if they were unwilling to quote you.
2014 Evora S Sports Racer for him
2020 Audi E-Tron 55 Launch Edit for her

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:20 pm

Im waiting on mine to be fitted at the house, fortunately for me its 2m from the fuse box, but 20m from my inverter. i will be mainly charging at work but need the top ups at the weekend and that will be at night.

have you done any calcs to see if the panels are enough to charge it during the day?

sorry im in ABZ and im using an approved installer that we used to fit the one at work.
"Here for a good time not a long time"

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:31 pm

I just use a Wallbox from Bumbblebee, nett cost fitted was £350.

The big benefit was joining zoom-ev.com for £35, they gave me a code for SSE who is our provider. Then SSE give me 2000Kw/h free on off peak charging which equates to free power for the car for about a year.

Basically I run the i3 free for a year except any charging required on long journeys. :D :D

ironside
Site Admin

Post by ironside » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:53 pm

Mine was installed by https://jorro.co.uk/, part funded by the Energy Savings Trust scheme etc.

H8OAG

Post by H8OAG » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:53 pm

I’ve had one installed on my new house in the garden

Local electrical contractor using a mahoosive cable from the board to external wall.
Half price installation through existing government scheme

Now need to get a Taycan to try it out
Younger member of Team Still Game

99 Lotus Elise 111S.....Heterosexual Spec ...S1
BMW Z4M40i
Range Rover Velar
2022 Spec Mini JCW
BMW R9T Scrambler Sport
Monkey Bike with 125cc conversion
Honda 250 Race Quad
Womaniser Liberty

Stewart

Post by Stewart » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:18 pm

Thanks all. I hadn't realised that there had been so many responses.

I have decided to forego a Zappi. I think it would take far too long to recover the cost. I will just arrange to have standard smart EVSE fitted and, because I work from home, I'll just switch on the charger when the panels are producing. I'm doing less than 100 miles a week at the moment and still using a 13amp plug and suits my current needs.

My installation is pretty useless for about 6 months anyway as the sun doesn't make it above the hill behind our house in the winter. It was the previous homeowner who had them installed.
Stewart

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:56 pm

Stewart wrote:Thanks all. I hadn't realised that there had been so many responses.

I have decided to forego a Zappi. I think it would take far too long to recover the cost. I will just arrange to have standard smart EVSE fitted and, because I work from home, I'll just switch on the charger when the panels are producing. I'm doing less than 100 miles a week at the moment and still using a 13amp plug and suits my current needs.

My installation is pretty useless for about 6 months anyway as the sun doesn't make it above the hill behind our house in the winter. It was the previous homeowner who had them installed.
Smart plug that can take the full 13amos and remote switch on during daylight hours? Could even tie it into sunshine or ambient temps!
W213 All Terrain