No elise content. Running - wings for life - Walking Macmillan

Anything goes in here.....
robin
Jedi Master

No elise content. Running - wings for life - Walking Macmillan

Post by robin » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:03 pm

A couple of events I would like to make you aware of.

I did this last year and plan to do it this year - I am not asking for donations - but anyone that wants to enter can do so.

https://www.wingsforlifeworldrun.com/en ... Country=GB

It's a world wide race that starts at noon UK time, Sunday May 8th and is a run against a virtual chase car. Be warned you do need to install and enable their app on your phone in order for them to track you and work out when you've been caught. I managed 12.85km last year. I am hoping to hit 16km this year (which is a fairly gentle 6 min/km pace).

Also, Stu and I have entered the Macmillan Rob Roy Hike which is a walking marathon (no running allowed) event from Callander to Killin, starting 08:30 Saturday September 3rd.

https://mightyhikes.macmillan.org.uk/ch ... ke/rob-roy

Again I am not asking for donations, but if you want to enter/fundraise then obviously a good cause. If you want to donate via Team SE then Stu has a just giving page for the event that you can donate to.

I'll get back to lurking ...
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

Stu160

Re: No elise content. Running - wings for life - Walking Macmillan

Post by Stu160 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:57 pm

Looking forward to the mighty hike , done a few 14 mile hikes already, and 3 climbs of the Ben so far this year , along with the usual dog walks. The distance is beyond what I would do with the dogs although Charlie can do the 14 mile pitlochry to Killicrankie hike.
Next step is to do that walk 3 ways , so about 18 miles , to see if my feet can keep up. ( the hike I do now includes a diversion to Moulin for a few pints , about an extra 2 miles ). Then I will start to do the actual route in stages .
I will have a look at the other one Robin , looks interesting.
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:54 pm

Great effort chaps
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:20 am

Another good weekend ,22 miles in total , Killicrankie to Pitlochry on Saturday , and Ben V Yrakie on Sunday morning .
Very busy in Pitlochry , and up the Ben over the weekend , and cracking weather .
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:59 pm

I expect the hike on the day will be madly busy - pace will probably be set by congestion, though no doubt there will be some overtaking ops ;-).

Need to get a reasonably small/light rucksack organised - the thing I use for work is useless should it rain :-). Luckily I don't need new boots - just need to wear the ones I have when walking Woofy to make sure they don't rub.

Green T-shirt arrived - I look like a Hibs fan (or is it Hearts? - I never know :-)).
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:36 am

I am still on the lookout to test new shoes or boots for the walk . It's been to cold to try lightweight ones out yet . If it rains it will be my old Faithfull boots . Also have the green top . Up to 15 miles now , but had a couple of weeks off with DIY work at the weekend instead . Planning an 18mile walk next weekend .
S1 S160
Caterham 310R