Big thanks to Murrays in Edin again

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
Callummarshall

Re: Big thanks to Murrays in Edin again

Post by Callummarshall » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:06 pm

I had my car in for a minor service the other month and it was painless. MMC were superb cannot fault the service at all, real bunch of down to earth guys who were all willing to give you the time of day.

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:57 am

I had my car down to MMC yesterday for its first yearly service as part of the free deal that I got when the car was purchased last March. Thanks to Nick and John for looking after me and the car and their friendly and helpful professionalism throughout. The car has been pretty faultless since ownership with only a soft top insert coming loose during last years Frolic and two minor things which were corrected by John. One was a slightly high drivers side dipped headlight level and the wing mirrors glass would slightly rattle and only noticeable when driving at slow speeds over uneven roads. Both items were rectified with no issue at all. I bumped in to Brandon too and had a brief conversation and wished him all the best on his new position within MMC. I also had a look at some of the Aston Martin cars next door and the Vantage S looked very good indeed. We may have a test drive the next time we are down in Edinburgh. I took the tram through to the city centre while the car was getting worked on, and it was great to just step off in the centre of Princess Street and visit a few shops while passing time. After picking up the car I had a leisurely drive back to Abz in very wet conditions.

Bring on the summer and some better weather.

Steve.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:24 pm

What job does Brandon have now?

tut

delands

Post by delands » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:04 pm

Dealer principle for Volvo next door

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
DEL

2020 Lotus Elise - Rob Walker Heritage Edition
2022 Hyundia i10 N-Line (on order)
2019 DS3 Crossback

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Is that a promotion?

tut

delands

Post by delands » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:06 pm

More customers and work that's for sure. .

DEL

2019 DS3 Crossback

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:33 pm

AI thought Brandon was DP for the branch so covers all brands (?). Either way it is extra work - but a well deserved promotion.
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

duggiesmith

Post by duggiesmith » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:35 am

So is there a new Lotus dealer or is he still looking after us too?
Duggie

There are 3 types of people in the world. Those that can add up and those that can't.

Aubergine Elise S

delands

Post by delands » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:44 am

duggiesmith wrote:So is there a new Lotus dealer or is he still looking after us too?
Ian Parkin is the salesman.

DEL

2019 DS3 Crossback

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:47 am

duggiesmith wrote:So is there a new Lotus dealer or is he still looking after us too?
http://www.murraylotus.co.uk/contact/
Assuming this is up to date...

Dark

Post by Dark » Tue May 31, 2016 9:32 am

Had my new V60 at Murray's for it's 3-month check-up.
Booked in at short notice and all completed while I waited, no issues with the staff or the service.
The technician was very excited when he brought the keys back, it was the first Polestar they have had back through the workshop!
Only one oversight in forgetting to reset the maintenance reminder message but fixed within 10 minutes when I was passing last week.

Brandon was looking very smart in his suit and new office; no opportunity to chat since he was in a meeting with more suits! ;)
2018 Lotus Exige Sport (metallic grey)
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar (rebel blue)

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Fantastic service today, had arranged to take the Evora in for some work to get done ahead on "Blistervoort" trip.

I had asked if they could turn it around as soon as possible, so took the car down at 8.15 this morning and said I'd go for a walk and asked if could give me a call when done. Got a call from Gary at 8.55 to say it was ready for collection, I had been expecting about 10am so that was a great bonus as I was heading through towards Glasgow.

Got to say fantastic service, all the way from the friendly reception desk to the personal call from Gary.

Lazydonkey

Post by Lazydonkey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:08 pm

Not a thanks from me......more of a WTF from MMC.

Bought the car from them in 2013 after using them for servicing for years. Servicing went downhill and i eventually started using craig. I was careful not to post any abuse about them and i didn't comment publicly when my car was returned back to me with a hole in the front clam (mainly as they repaired it FOC)

Then last summer I started to get emails from Leven Car Company (The Aston and RR Dealer) and it turns out MMC has sold my details to them as a customer of Aston Martin. Not the biggest issue in the world but a breach of data protection and something i wanted to raise to their attention. Won't go into the details right now but the whole experience was pretty poorly handled from MMC and i asked for them to ensure that no-one from the company contacted me again.

Changed insurance companies a month ago and contacted Brandon to ask for an insurance valuation so that i could supply it, and one from CMC to the insurance company to support my valuation.

This is the email i got in reply.
Good afternoon Martin

There is a note on your customer record noting that you have requested that we have no further contact with you. Therefore, in order to respect your wishes, I am sorry but we are unable to help on this occasion.

Best
Brandon
Interesting approach to customer service. Guess i'll be driving to Carlisle for all my lotus needs :roll:
i3s, Volvo and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:48 pm

:shock: wow, shocked.
I have continued to use MMC as I have 3 years free servicing with the car. While the service isn't as slick as it was when Craig was there I have still had decent service and support really disappointed to hear of your experience. :cry:
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:54 pm

When I started looking for an evora I had an email from Brandon at MMC saying he had two evoras coming in and he would email me when they arrived. The time when they were due in came and went and I found out later they were sold to someone else. There were a couple of other things but nothing like the above (ignored email asking for trade in price of evora for a newer one).