Big thanks to Murrays in Edin again

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
j2 lot

Re: Big thanks to Murrays in Edin again

Post by j2 lot » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Lazydonkey wrote:Long overdue purchasing thanks.
:withstupid After pontificationg and havering about how much I did or didnt want to spend and baulking at spending more on a new car than I owe on the mortgage :? , Craig and Brandon managed to get me into a used Evora with low mileage a few months back.
A few niggles sorted, a few tweaks made, a once over prior to purchase and free service 2 months later to keep the regular annual service schedule :thumbsup .
Top service that you simply wouldnt get anywhere else :thumbsup

I will be back for another when the time comes :mrgreen:
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:33 pm

Got the full Moncrieff-Ware effect today. This kept the wheels of Rathmhor rolling on a seriously logistically challenged day. Thank you both. Full respek. Oh and that "S" is somewhat nice...
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

sja

Post by sja » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:16 am

Once again a huge thanks to all at Murrays, Craig helped to take the sting out of all the parts required to get the car through its MOT :thumbsup
S1 111S, Deep Purple

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:42 am

Thanks again to Craig, Brandon and the boys through the back for an excellent job done again. :thumbsup

Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated. :cheers

Steve.

sja

Post by sja » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Huge thanks to Craig for his help today, my battery had given up the ghost and need replacing he happily took five minutes to answer my questions :thumbsup
S1 111S, Deep Purple

Dark

Post by Dark » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:25 pm

One year into the Lotus ownership experience and another :thumbsup for the Murray Lotus team.
Even though I didn't buy the car from Murray's, Craig has been brilliant at sorting out a couple of problems and fixing a few minor niggles.
The car is just back from its' 8th year service and seems very sorted. The SE price was pretty reasonable and they didn't charge for a couple of extra items.
I can't imagine taking the car anywhere else while Craig is in charge!

Now if only Brandon would stop parking all those shiny Elise SC's and Exige S's outside it would be perfect! :lol:
2018 Lotus Exige Sport (metallic grey)
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar (rebel blue)

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:05 pm

Warranty work completed on the Exige with no hassle. Also got a few other things tidied up on the car.

Another happy customer :thumbsup

AllyY

Post by AllyY » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Pleasure doing business with Brandon recently. Over a four month period, from initial enquiry to final handover, Brandon answered all my queries and concerns fully and patiently, and kept me up to date with all developments during the build/delivery process; he even managed to save me a few ££££s in the process…..which is nice :)

Also, just had the 1k service carried out, with the usual impeccable levels of service from Craig and his crew.

In my experience, it doesn’t matter who you’re dealing with at MMC, you always leave feeling like a valued customer - thanks again to all involved.

Ally.
57 Elise S - Magnetic Blue - (07-14)
14 Elise S CR - Daytona Blue

renmure

Post by renmure » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Bump.

Big thanks really to Craig for sorting me out with an exhaust for the Exige.
Genuinely appreciated. Good banter as well ;)
Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Wanted: Train.

Lazydonkey

Post by Lazydonkey » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:47 am

Getting boring now. :thumbsdown

On the way to work at the start of the month during an "enthusiastic" overtake i was aware of a banging coming from the rear of the car that i eventually traced to a loose undertray / diffuser. So i went straight past work and arrived unannounced at Murrays.....after having the "do you know your undertray is hanging off?.....oh you do....nice car mate" conversation with about 100 concerned motorists. Craig was off getting his hair blow dried or some such rubbish but i was seen right away and the errant undertray was fixed within the hour at no charge to me. During my wait Brandon endured my annoying presence and kept me topped up with fresh coffee.

Then a few weeks later i was back again to get winter tyres fitted and to replace my cracked door mirror (garage 1, evora 0) with a pikey eBay "bargain". Turns out i'd bought the wrong age of x type mirror but the guys were undaunted and carried on with only the very minimum of swearing and cursing. Again brandon kept the coffee flowing and generally put up with me being a distraction from him doing actual work while craig popped in and out keeping me up-to-date. When the bill came it was embarrassingly small and i was sent on my way with a smile and some very dodgy man maths about buying a new evora........

Can't imagine going anywhere else - just brilliant service. :thumbsup
i3s, Volvo and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Lazydonkey wrote: Craig was off getting his hair blow dried or some such rubbish
:damnfunny
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

TophaTron

Post by TophaTron » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Does anyone have the best contact email address for Craig? I tried one I used a while back but it appears to have bounced.

Cheers!

Shug

Post by Shug » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Tends to start bouncing if he's out of office for more than a couple of hours. Sadly their email system doesn't seem to be up to the level of traffic he generates! I'd advise either calling and asking for him, or trying again tomorrow.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

TophaTron

Post by TophaTron » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Cheers Shug.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Usual first class job on N3, exhaust manifold had to come off and he got his welder in to repair the split header pipe. The one next to it looked weak so he did that as well. There was a slight seepage around the oil filter, so it ended up getting a service in stages, new oil filter and brake fluid, front brake pads changed, and the signature silver painting of all the disk centres. Also fitted a new plastic end cap on the cantrail, so worth checking your own as they have a habit of coming off.

Rounded off with a complete valet inside and out and a more than fair bill.

tut