Big thanks to Murrays in Edin again

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
delands

Feedback Required - "Murray Motors" thread merged

Post by delands » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:38 am

In order for Craig at MMC to possibly do more for Scottish Elises, if you have used their services recently, please provide some feedback, good or bad. Craig has to provide evidence to his Superiors to justify any changes and additional offers. If you want to make an anonymous comment then PM me and I shall forward it on.

Thanks.
DEL

2020 Lotus Elise - Rob Walker Heritage Edition
2022 Hyundia i10 N-Line (on order)
2019 DS3 Crossback

alicrozier

Re: Feedback Required

Post by alicrozier » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:22 pm

Del,
My Exige is at MMC now, will give you more feedback when I get it back - hopefully end of next week...

I can say that Craig was very helpful in successfully resolving my long running gear cable warranty reimbursement and I think the general communication has gone up a level. :thumbsup
Also great that Calum was able travel to Aberdeen to diagnose faults, read ECU etc. This is really helpful and appreciated.

Ali
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

Shug

Post by Shug » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Can't give Craig enough praise for his attitude. In contact directly on a few outstanding matters, so he'll get something he can use.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

jason

Post by jason » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Del - My Elise will be at MMC for service early next week (where did that year go?!?). Happy to give some feedback afterward.

Cisco

Post by Cisco » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Del,

I had a minor issue with my car recently which probably wont be covered under Lotus warranty.

After review, Craig has agreed that MMC take care of it anyway irrespective of the warranty situation.

Great attitude, which I'm sure will pay back dividends for MMC in both the short and long term. :thumbsup

Best regards,

Frank

Broon

Post by Broon » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Car was in at MMC last week for a service and MOT. Everything done as agreed, the MMC team were helpful and genuine. One minor problem with the MOT which needed sorting - but rather than have me take the car back in to them again the following week, they picked the car up from the house, got it fixed / MOT'd and delivered back to the front door on time. Great service. :thumbsup

dezzy

Post by dezzy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:33 pm

I have a bit of a mixed review from a recent issue with my car. Craig has been really good, but it was the attitude of their receptionist guy Fraser that disappointed me.

My indicator unit popped off on the motorway. This is a common fault and happened on my old Elise too. When it happened to the Elise, MMC just sent through a unit to the Glasgow branch and got them to pop it on and send the old broken one back to Edinburgh. While Glasgow are not a Lotus branch, they were willing to do this to save me a 100 mile round trip to Edinburgh for a 2 minute job.

When this happened to the Exige two weeks ago, I ended up speaking to Fraser. To start with, he has basically been rude and obnoxious in every dealing I have ever had with him on the phone or in person. And I know I'm not the only person to think this. He really does lack customer service skills and has a very abrasive manner. He simply should not be working in customer service with the way he speaks to people.

He insisted I had to come through to Edinburgh for this and continued to say this after speaking to Craig about it.

In the end, when Craig called me back, he was actually willing to come through to Glasgow or wherever he could to replace the indicator for me and save me the trip. Fraser did not convey this at all and just simply refused to help out and insisted I come through to Edinburgh for a 2 minute job under warranty.

Craig was very helpful and I ended up getting it replaced in Livingston yesterday while through there for a customer meeting. He sent Alan out to replace it for me after my meeting. Craig did everything he could to help and save me coming to Edinburgh. He has a great attitude with customers and it's definitely a great improvement on the past.

So, to summarise:

Craig is great and has made a huge difference. It has encouraged me to go to Murray's for servicing in the future and I genuinely do think things are improving. However, a bad impression is created when having to speak to Fraser on the phone or in person when dropping off the car and I think this could undo the good work Craig is doing to improve service and communication. It would be a shame to miss all the good work Craig is doing because of poor front-of-house customer service.

D
2009 Mini Cooper, Midnight Black
2008 Elise S, Solar Yellow

dezzy

Post by dezzy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Just an additional note on costs:

The servicing costs are much better and although I'd obviously like them to be even cheaper, I will now go to Murray's for my next service thanks to the reduction.

The parts/fitting costs are still a bit expensive and this is why I went to Wheelsaround recently for tyres and fitting rather than Murray's. The tyres and fitting costs were much cheaper.
2009 Mini Cooper, Midnight Black
2008 Elise S, Solar Yellow

Scottynic

Post by Scottynic » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:10 pm

My car was in for its first service last week.

Good service, asked for car back at 1 and it was ready well before 1 so i didnt have to wait.
TOO FAST TO LIVE TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!!

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Have to mention Craig again for resolving a potentially sticky (read very expensive) warranty issue* this afternoon. :thumbsup
This is the kind of stuff that makes all the difference.

*anyone know how long the warranty is on a British GT Edition? :shock: :D
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

vxc

Post by vxc » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:33 pm

good news! i will be putting mine in for service shortly april i think....

havent yet contacted! but with real experiences above then am abit more reassured! :thumbsup
POLO Bluemotion - Mile chomper

Chewitt13

Post by Chewitt13 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:25 am

Got to admit when i bought my exige of MMC last year, i did n't think i would go back down to them for servicing etc., i would use Ricky or another local aberdeen garage. But a warranty issued forced me to go down. The most pleasant garage experience i have had. I dropped the car in to get the warranty issue sorted, i also needed a 'new' front windscreen. they got everything organised, while i was back in Egypt. they organised Autoglass to replace the windscreen on my insurance. they did such a good job that i told them to hold on to it for another month to do the service and MOT. all in all it was about 500 notes which is really cheap considering i had 2 new 48's on the rears and they had it for 7 weeks.

Craig was top notch with regards to communication etc I will certainly be using them for all lotus related work in future.
BMW Z4M (new toy spec)
Ardent Red Exige NA (sold)
Titanium Grey 231 PS RX8 (sold)
Nissan X-trail SVE (Missus)
Macolloch Turbo SE (Tractor Spec)
For Sale: S2 Alloys and tyres

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:28 pm

dezzy wrote:I have a bit of a mixed review from a recent issue with my car. Craig has been really good, but it was the attitude of their receptionist guy Fraser that disappointed me.

My indicator unit popped off on the motorway. This is a common fault and happened on my old Elise too. When it happened to the Elise, MMC just sent through a unit to the Glasgow branch and got them to pop it on and send the old broken one back to Edinburgh. While Glasgow are not a Lotus branch, they were willing to do this to save me a 100 mile round trip to Edinburgh for a 2 minute job.

When this happened to the Exige two weeks ago, I ended up speaking to Fraser. To start with, he has basically been rude and obnoxious in every dealing I have ever had with him on the phone or in person. And I know I'm not the only person to think this. He really does lack customer service skills and has a very abrasive manner. He simply should not be working in customer service with the way he speaks to people.

He insisted I had to come through to Edinburgh for this and continued to say this after speaking to Craig about it.

In the end, when Craig called me back, he was actually willing to come through to Glasgow or wherever he could to replace the indicator for me and save me the trip. Fraser did not convey this at all and just simply refused to help out and insisted I come through to Edinburgh for a 2 minute job under warranty.

Craig was very helpful and I ended up getting it replaced in Livingston yesterday while through there for a customer meeting. He sent Alan out to replace it for me after my meeting. Craig did everything he could to help and save me coming to Edinburgh. He has a great attitude with customers and it's definitely a great improvement on the past.

So, to summarise:

Craig is great and has made a huge difference. It has encouraged me to go to Murray's for servicing in the future and I genuinely do think things are improving. However, a bad impression is created when having to speak to Fraser on the phone or in person when dropping off the car and I think this could undo the good work Craig is doing to improve service and communication. It would be a shame to miss all the good work Craig is doing because of poor front-of-house customer service.

D

Hahahaha..... I'm still looking for a new job :wink: :D :wink:
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

jason

Post by jason » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:23 pm

My car was in for a service today. Whilst that's nothing unusual so I haven't really got anything to feedback on, I'd happily say the experience was positive and felt improved on my memories of the 1000 mile service experience last year.

...oh, and it's nice to get a wee discount simply for being part of this great community! Thanks for that MMC :thumbsup

foz01

Post by foz01 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:26 am

Get the parts department to answer the phone, after what 3 attempts i got stuff from down South..
Motorsport K20 Elise