Big thanks to Murrays in Edin again

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
gedi

Re: Big thanks to Murrays in Edin again

Post by gedi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:31 pm

I figure it's time to add my fanboy experiences with MMC since I'm now onto my third Lotus.

From no quibble warranty work, free clutch fluid replacement and number plates as well as honest information and reliable servicing on the car I can honestly say that I haven't had such good experiences from any garage in the past.
Considering I usually end up falling out with other garages I can't be the easiest customer to look after.

Top job. Let's keep it up when I come in for warranty work on the Evora...!
Cheers

campbell

Post by campbell » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:19 pm

In full technicolor elsewhere on the forum, but time for a quick entry in the hall of fame for Brandon, Craig and Shug the Valet at Murray.

Nothing was too much trouble over the last couple of weeks, the aftermarket hifi kit I required as part of our Evora buying deal was handled spendidly, and collecting from Brandon was smooth and professional this morning. Some nice touches too, such as a pair of plates made up FOC for my new number, support with plate retention and wheel swapping from our outgoing car (MINI Clubman - not traded in etc so technically not for Murray to worry about...but they do so, all the same).

The usual keeping informed of all eventualities, and workarounds for some minor matters (back-order parts, anyone...).

Special mention for Shug (not our one) who prepped the car at last moment. Just sorry to confess it's covered in salt now mate but I'll do my best to restore it ;-)

Sincere thanks to the team. Makes spending money there waaaay too easy.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Thanks for the Exige service last week gents - way beyond the call of duty as usual, and even managed to time it around my flights!

Monty & crew, top marks. :thumbsup
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

Danny T30TUS

Post by Danny T30TUS » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Collected the car on Friday from Murrays. Car was in for a MOT and a long list of other things including a C service. This is the first time I have used Murrays and the quality of workmanship and level of service from Craig was absolutely amazing.

The car is running great and the valet they did is the best I've seen. It was so good that even the wife had asked me if they could valet her car.

Craig kept me informed of progress all the way and the pricing was far better than I expected.

Will definitely be using Murrays for all future work to the Elise.

Again thanks to Craig and his team.

Danny

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:37 pm

He aint bad.......

tut

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:56 pm

tut wrote:He aint bad.......

tut
And his Volvo servicing skills are up to the same high standard, he arranged to service the XC60 while I waited.

I had to decline the offer of a new Daytona blue Sport Racer, it does look absolutely stunning.

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Massive thumbs up to Craig and his team again. He's had my S1 for the past couple of months performing some Murray Magic on it and it's back home as good as new.

Even though I'm down in Newcastle it's well worth the trip up to have Craig look after it and I get a great drive back home through the borders :)

Fantastic service as always, don't know why you'd go anywhere else :thumbsup

campbell

Post by campbell » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:42 pm

I drove mine on Sunday for first time in weeks.

Tight as a drum.

108k miles.

How Craig, Calum and Gary do it, I will never know. Fairy dust etc.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:41 pm

First service completed in the new car and also a few goodies added at the same time. Good price overall and excellent service.

Thanks Craig :D

Pass on my thanks to the boys through the back too please, much appreciated. :thumbsup

Steve.

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Another thumbs up for Brandon,Craig and the MMC team.
I took the (red) Evora in for a replacement window regulator under extended warranty and ended up buying a brand new Evora for less than I though possible, so much so that I didn't need to seek approval and was told to go ahead & get it sorted.
New car is well specced in is a bespoke colour (for currents cars although not a one off as Cameron's is the same colour) & with 3 years free servicing & warranty it makes for worry free motoring.
An early issue with a misfire was sorted swiftly and efficiently by Craig and having just had the 1k service and packed away the winter wheels and tyres Im looking forward to enjoying the full rev range :thumbsup

Thanks again guys - buying a new car was never easier :mrgreen:
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Subsequent to last months visit I got a new screen fitted at Murrays and some other odd jobs too. Craig was super accommodating and a big thanks for the advice and help as always - top class service.

I also picked the car up on Monday cleaner than I left it - burnt my baldy napper on the drive back down tho :(

tenkfeet

Post by tenkfeet » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Evora first year service and some warranty work carried out Last week. I can honestly say the car was returned better than when it went in with no sign of the Lotus Fairies Carrying out their work. Great :thumbsup
No lotus
Exige Sport 350 (Sold)
Elise Cup 250 (Air con and radio tubby spec) (Sold)
Evora S (sold)

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:04 am

Just a quick post to say that the standard of service at Murray's is just as high now as it was before.
Thanks to Gary and Nick for a superbly professional first service.
Now with half an engine

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:57 am

tonyg wrote:Just a quick post to say that the standard of service at Murray's is just as high now as it was before.
Thanks to Gary and Nick for a superbly professional first service.
+1
Couldn't fault the service I got either (post Craig departure)

Shug

Post by Shug » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:43 pm

This is comment solely on the sales side as that's the only experience I've had of MMC since Craig left.

I do have to say thanks to Brandon though. Elaine was starting to think it was time to move on from her S2, so with the Evora having a back seat that's potentially useful for our toddler, the search was started. After an initial mis-cue where we missed a car, Brandon has been tireless in keeping us up to date with what's likely to be coming in and making sure we knew the options.

Finally, Elaine managed to get her mitts on a lovely Evora NA, with a really fair trade-in on the Elise and a good price on the Evora, it was simplicity itself. At the end of the day, this was what counted as we'd been looking at various options around private sales etc, but to be frank, we missed a few cars due to not having time to get our ducks in a row, so the dealer option was the best.

All that said, Brandon was excellent and we don't feel a significant premium was paid for the convenience. He also threw a ton of wee things that would have niggled and been sorted ourselves, if it was a private sale. Elaine's got a great car, we've had a painless purchase experience and everyone's happy.

Can't really say fairer than that. Thanks to Brandon - great way to buy a car :thumbsup
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R