Thanks to Kenneth Brown Motor Engineers

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
zzz

Re: Thanks to Kenneth Brown Motor Engineers

Post by zzz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Saw the Ferrari in there last week and had a nose around it :)

KB has worked on the following for myself and my limited pool of petrol-heads
RS6 C7
A5 3.0
S1 Elise
Leon Cupra, heavily modified 400+bhp
Various TVRs

The geo (hunter system?) they dial into your car is better than any I've done anywhere before. They listen to your requirements and how you want the car setup then make it so.
It's probably worth mentioning Kenny's son has or had the lap record at Knockhill in a 500+bhp S2 elise O_O he has the geo settings from various stages of the car as it was increasing in power.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Couldn't agree more. The geo he did on my elise has made it a very sweet steer.

Looking forward to seeing what he sets up on my latest toy.
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

ferg f

Post by ferg f » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Just had my Elise serviced at KB, great service.
It was the first service the car has had since I bought it last August so as always for you're first service is was apprehensive with what might be found all felt good (apart from a wheel bearings that had just started making a very slight noise).

Had heard a lot of good reports about KB, and I will most definitely be using them again.

I was right about the wheel bearings so that was replaced along with the service that it was in for. It was also picked up that the camber on the front was wrong so after a quick chat the geo was done too. I thought the handling was good previously but I must admit it is much better now.

He gave the car a good going over as it was the first time he'd had it, which was reassuring for me as I have only had the car for 2k miles.

And the price, very reasonable indeed and I will most definitely be using him for all my Elise servicing and maintenance.

ScottJ-PS

Post by ScottJ-PS » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:11 am

If you check out KB Facebook page he currently has a Gulf GT40 in being serviced .

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:26 am

Well my trusty old S1 was about to reach the 100K mile mark and the dreaded head gasket symptoms started to appear. I had a bit of a wait to get it booked into Kenneth Brown's garage as he was snowed under with several big projects (including the original Le Mans GT40 mentioned above). I decided it would be worth the wait, so the car went in a few months ago. Kenneth and his son David worked wonders with the car. Initially it looked like the head was for the bin, however they decided that as it was a sport135 head the would see if it could be saved. They did indeed manage to save the head, and put a load of work into getting it to a very sweet place. The car managed to throw up quite a few issues for them, which they worked their way through. One of the biggest headaches was the immobilizer that would not switch off after the re-build, (I will save that for another story in the technical section), but they persevered and I now have a fully functioning car! I am in the process of running it in now, but first impressions seem very good. It is very responsive and pulls strongly from lower revs.

As ever, Kenneth and David have done a load of other jobs over and above what was required. All those little jobs seem to disappear when he produces the invoice. Speaking of which... I was somewhat dreading the bill for the work on the car. They put a lot of hours into it, however the bill was remarkably good. I am very pleased in the knowledge that the car has been repaired properly, with great attention to detail, and the bonus that the bill was not scary was the icing on the cake.

Kenneth Brown's services are very much in demand, but I really appreciate that he does not rush stuff through and that things are done properly, so sometimes it is worth the wait. I am always cautious to recommend businesses too quickly, however I would not hesitate in recommending Kenneth Brown - in my opinion, by some margin the best place to get lotus work done in Scotland. I have also noticed more and more lotus owners using his services whenever I am at his garage.

campbell

Post by campbell » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:13 am

Great service and, more importantly, brilliant that you have the car back in action.

Just in time for winter!
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:22 pm

So after very little use over the winter, I took my Elise out a few weeks ago. There was something not quite right in how it was running. Gave Kenneth a call, he suggested a few things that I could check, however I was unable to solve the problem, so booked the car in to them for Friday. Kenneth was away for a very well earned holiday, so his son David looked after my car. David, is from the same mold as Kenneth (highly knowledgeable motor engineer), and had my car sorted in no time at all (t'was a poor earth issue). Car feeling great again. Top result, top service, and a happy customer here.

woody

Post by woody » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Dominic wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:22 pm
So after very little use over the winter, I took my Elise out a few weeks ago. There was something not quite right in how it was running. Gave Kenneth a call, he suggested a few things that I could check, however I was unable to solve the problem, so booked the car in to them for Friday. Kenneth was away for a very well earned holiday, so his son David looked after my car. David, is from the same mold as Kenneth (highly knowledgeable motor engineer), and had my car sorted in no time at all (t'was a poor earth issue). Car feeling great again. Top result, top service, and a happy customer here.

Joanna said she spotted what she thought was your Elise in Hillington on Friday.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:40 pm

If it was being driven sensibly, it wasn't me :o)