Willowbrae Coachworks

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
Shug

Willowbrae Coachworks

Post by Shug » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 am

I'm massively late in doing this as we got Elaine's car back from Martin and the boys (via our Craig at MMC, as he took the opportunity to do a couple of things to it for us while it was through in Edinburgh too) a couple of weeks ago, but I've been away with work and stuff.

Long story short, her car had some wanker kick off the wing mirror and kick a big lump in the door when parked up at a friends one evening. Total pain in the arse, as we'd just had the car back from an MMC service, literally that week - so it was shiny and purring.

Got some photos, sent them to Craig, who passed them onto Martin for a quote. Had a quick look and gave a rough figure, obviously stating that he'd need to see the car to confirm.

Got the car over to Edinburgh and cracked on. Few days later I get a call from Craig, basically saying that the damage was far worse than it looked. As well as the crack in the door essentially being a completely separated chunk the size of a mini rugby ball, the triangular area at the top of the door that the mirror mounts to had been cracked outward from the kick and had cracked the skin under it, necessitating a complicated repair. The call was made to continue with the repair, even though it was made clear that it was going to be a lot more than the original rough figure given.

Fast forward a couple of weeks waiting for Lotus to send parts - eventually Craig pulled a favour and had a seal taken from the build queue, as it wasn't looking to come back into parts stock any time soon. I get the photos of the repair through email and then the phone call about the bill.

In the end, Martin only stuck a minimal amount on top of his original figure - like £50 minimal for four times the amount of time put in than originally thought. An incredible gesture, as I've got photographic proof of the sheer amount of work that has gone into the door. I may post those photos to this thread if I get time.

Drove over to pick up the car and, as you'd hope,the repair is totally seamless. Paint you could take a swim in and the complex curves of the door are perfect in every reflection.

Can't thank them enough as we're moving house in the very near future, so a massive car bill is exactly what we don't need. The standard of work is utterly superb too. As far as I'm concerned, any damage to any car - Willowbrae is just a no-brainer.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

robin
Jedi Master

Re: Willowbrae Coachworks

Post by robin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:52 am

I can add to this that I was similarly pleased with both the quality of repair and bill when my old Exige 240 (the yellow one) had a gash across the roof from bouncing on a double decker trailer as well as some other damage to the rear wheel arch.

They are always busy, but never too busy to help it seems!

Cheers,
Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm

I am planning to put N3 into Willowbank via Craig and the insurance company, so good to read the reports of the end results.

The Car Bra has had the cobwebs dusted off for the resulting road runs.

tut

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Martin is a top bloke - use with confidence
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

duggiesmith

Post by duggiesmith » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Another big :thumbsup from me.
After some muppet cracked the front clam and abandoned the scene of the crime, Willowbrae did a great job on the repair.
The quote was kept as low as possible and I took the opportunity to get the front clam resprayed and defendall refitted.
The finished result looked as good as new.
Great job.
Duggie

There are 3 types of people in the world. Those that can add up and those that can't.

Aubergine Elise S

cjm

Post by cjm » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:13 pm

duggiesmith wrote:Another big :thumbsup from me.
After some muppet cracked the front clam and abandoned the scene of the crime, Willowbrae did a great job on the repair..
The same thing happened to me and I used Willowbrae, I thought they did a great job and I'll be using them again to sort the paint bubbles on the passanger door and a few other areas.
Colin
10-15 S2 Elise 111S
17-23 S1 Evora

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:05 pm

cjm wrote:
duggiesmith wrote:Another big :thumbsup from me.
After some muppet cracked the front clam and abandoned the scene of the crime, Willowbrae did a great job on the repair..
The same thing happened to me and I used Willowbrae, I thought they did a great job and I'll be using them again to sort the paint bubbles on the passanger door and a few other areas.
Colin,

I had the same problem with my paintwork blistering just below the door window seals. Willowbrae did a great job at a very reasonable price. Craig (MMC) was on holiday at the time and did not release the car back to me until he checked that he was happy with the work that was carried out. Great service from all. :thumbsup

Steve.

Al.

Post by Al. » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:03 am

You can also add my positive vote to this after using him 3 times on the Evoras via Craig for repair or customising paintworks. No problems and top bloke.
2009 Aquamarine Evora LE 2+2 Stage 1 Exhaust, No. 13 built
2010 Aquamarine Evora 2+2 Stage 1 Exhaust,
2010 Ardent red Evora 2+0 CR box, Stage 1 + 2bular decat,

2011 Ardent Red SR lookalike Evora S 2+2 with 2013 mechanicals and some other bits. :love