Craig Moncrieff thank you.

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
tut
Barefoot Ninja

Re: Craig Moncrieff thank you.

Post by tut » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Used them for the first time at 0430 on the way to KH. As I already had them fitted I knew that they were good, but one failed hence the new kit.

This time I upgraded further to the 55W from the 35W, and from 4,000K to 6,000K. The former gives more power and the latter a whiter light. The result is fantastic, I don't really like driving at night anymore with oncoming headlights, also the S1 & S2 headlamps were useless, but these turn it into daylight, good range, spread right out to both sides, and have a very sharp V cut off. I also upgraded the headlight bulbs to high power white ones, but they still look yellow and have little effect as the dipped beam is so good. In the end I left them off as then there was no need to dip them. Best £90 you will spend. Thought about fitting HID mains as well, but I do not think it needs them now.

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/SKU

PRODUCT H1PROMX6 H1 55W Pro Max Xenon HID Conversion Kit
Options:Colour Temperature: 6000K

SUBTOTAL: £90.00
Shipping cost: £4.99

pshanks76

Post by pshanks76 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:28 pm

Excellent, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Elise S2 135r no more... Crossed to the dark side with a Boxster 981s
BMW 330D x-drive m-sport touring
Autosleeper Duetto camper

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Not posted here in a while. All 3 cars have been in to CMC over the last X months. Winter tyre fitting and now removing, shed servicing, 340 service, damage assessment in the merc when the Mrs forgot how to reverse.

Usual awesome service.
W213 All Terrain

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:18 am

Popped in for a chat with Craig yesterday before heading home to Aberdeen.

Thanks for the refreshment Craig.

Steve.

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:57 am

Quick one from me. Speshel plice on rear tyres for the Evora yesterday. That plus the removal of hassle of shopping around, independent delivery, etc, made it all the more worthwhile and appreciated.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

GregR

Craig Moncrieff Cars limited

Post by GregR » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:27 am

I'm sure you are all familiar with Mr Moncrieff and his work; quiet, unassuming and professional. He goes out of his way to help. I can't thank him or praise him enough for what he's done for me over the course of the last two weeks. What follows is my simple vote of thanks.

As you will know from the classifieds section on the forum, I recently sold my P 38 Range Rover. One of the "enthusiastic" potential buyers identified low coolant in the header tank. Not good news. Cue a call to Craig Moncrieff cars. "Just bring it in and will have a look at it for you." I duly did so, with two excitable kids in tow. On arrival my car was surrounded by two of Craig's mechanics and Craig himself. I was soon sent on my way reassured that there was no issue. I was laughed at when I asked how much I was due them.

During the search for my replacement vehicle, I instructed a full vehicle inspection and report from Land Rover. Naturally I assumed there would be an element of 'fat' and Range Rover tax in the remedial works suggested to be carried out but I'm certainly not qualified to say one way or another. I called Craig and he asked me to send the report to him. He then, of his own accord, made enquiries with a number of his own contacts at Land Rover and called me back to let me know what the "real" cost of the proposed works were likely to be. Craig then had significant input into the bargaining process and the deal was done.

Naturally one of the car's first journeys was to Craig Moncrieff Cars for the suggested works to be carried out. Whilst the car was in there, Craig and his team noticed a fairly significant issue that the Land Rover technicians themselves had missed during their (supposedly two hour, 165 point) check. It was a fairly significant issue too. Craig sent me a video so that I could send that on the Land Rover and highlight what they missed. He then set about rectifying the issue. The car was only anticipated to be with Craig for disks and pads so I asked whether I would have to come back with the car at a later date. Don't be daft came the reply. The car was ready that same day.

Craig's advice, expertise and assistance are 2nd to none. I would not hesitate to recommend him and his team to friends and family and colleagues. We are a very lucky bunch to have his significant knowledge and experience at our disposal. If you're not using the services of Craig Moncrieff cars at present, no matter how good the service you think you're getting elsewhere, you're missing out!

Mr Moncrieff, I take my hat off to you, Sir.
Ferrari 458
Porsche 993 C2
Disco V

mxvx

Re: Craig Moncrieff Cars limited

Post by mxvx » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:13 am

http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/vie ... &start=105

Fully agree though. Even puts up with me which is saying something! I would not have bought the evora if it wasn't for Craig and his available services. The single point of contact+communication is what customer service is all about. Thanks again Craig.

Shug

Post by Shug » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Not even Lotus related, but through to Edinburgh last week for work and my Kawasaki decided to shed its numberplate (yeah, I said shed...)

Knowing that Halfords and the like are a total pain with V5s and stuff for numberplates now and given I didn't have a lot of spare time to muck about, a quick message to Craig and he came back within 10 minutes to say that he'd have a plate waiting for me later that afternoon.

Upon visiting, he was flat out, but still had time to grab two minutes to chat and make a coffee, no matter that I was only spending a few quid with him - there are many who would have "not seen" my message until too late. Not Craig.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:45 pm

BMW diseasel MOT and more or less full front suspension change today, not just a 1 trick pony! Elise is due to go in for some roof seals, a full C-Service, belts, water pump, tensioner and an inlet manifold gasket in a few weeks, I'd best get busy with the overtime :lol:

We now have a safe mode of transport for the kids, Thanks to Craig and his team! :thumbsup
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:19 pm

In amongst all that I got a new battery fitted and three cups of coffee ... I really only took the car in because I thought Calum was missing it :-)
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

campbell

Post by campbell » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:03 am

Quick Mod note...after checking with him, merged GregR's additional testimonial into here from General Chat, just to keep things tidy :-)
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

c8rkh

Post by c8rkh » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:01 pm

At the recent track day at Knockhill one of the pipes on my AP brake caliper split. Craig was quoted 3 - 4 months delivery from AP Racing so he set about calling around his contacts. He found the pipe (a pretty non descript but essential part) through a set of contacts in France. He arranged for the pipe to be sent over, he did all the remedial work, got the calliper and wheel repainted (the leaking brake fluid really ate into the paint) and when I picked the car up it was immaculate. A. A real gentleman and he is getting my car in a couple of months for its next service - the overall service from Craig and his team is just amazing.
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

rickyzero

Post by rickyzero » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:57 pm

Was in Spain for a holiday last week so decided to book the Evora in with Craig for the big 6 year service and a few other tweaks. I was able to leave it with him for the week I was away and upon returning to Glasgow yesterday Craig offered to pick me up from home and take me through to Edinburgh as he was over this side of the country anyway. Door to door service!

My beloved vehicle has been exceptionally well looked after during its weeks stay with Craig and Calum. It was handed back to me immaculately clean inside and out and now feels like it just rolled off the production line. I thought my Evora was good before but it has been transformed with the latest treatment at CMC! I think I had a bigger smile driving back home than when I did after buying it. I now know it's had the "full monty" and that gives me great piece of mind.

The usual over and above service we have come to expect from Craig with as painless a bill as possible at the end and a comprehensive breakdown of all the work carried out. Thanks Craig, once again I'm delighted!
Lotus Evora Sport 410

http://www.Guitar.co.uk

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Had the evora in with CMC yesterday. A list of jobs to do in a day and all was completed without issues. Great service as usual. Much easier to cover the ground for the journey there than my previous toy.

Good to meet you ferg. Hope you get everything sorted.

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Tue May 03, 2016 11:15 pm

Right, here we go again.. Not just Craig to thank either!

As I'm sure most have read the epic tale of my Spa and Ring prep.... to say Craig and his team have helped is an understatement, they made it happen! There is no way my car could have made it without Craig and his eagle eyed team spotting and rectifying any and all issues with my car from a faulty alternator, rear discs and pads that looked OK from the outside but were down to the bone on the inside edge, I'd never have noticed til they gave up on my way to the ferry, so I need to Thank Kerry for parting with a set of new RS-42's he had....

Then the gearbox and clutch gave up and were replaced at short emergency notice! This is where Simon Ironside stepped up and saved the day with the gearbox out of his car which is currently being converted to a Honda type R, Thanks so much, utter life saver!!

With all the drama and faults found sorted at short notice to ensure I made this trip, just a few wee checks tomorrow morning and we're off! I'm so excited to be taking the Elise abroad and if it wasn't for Craig's can do/will do attitude I'd not be going anywhere!

The service I received was waaay above and beyond what anyone could hope for so I'm very, very grateful to Craig and all who worked on my car and gave up parts to make this happen, this really is a top community :thumbsup Thanks again!!

If you currently don't use Craig I can wholeheartedly recommend using him 100%, truly great value for money and an asset to this forum and makes Lotus ownership as painless as possible! His knowledge, help and sound advice are second to none, if there is an issue with your car he's seen it before and sorted it! He diagnosed correctly a coolant leak I had that didn't show up on a pressure test and he fixed it! Also does all the work on our BMW 320D so not limited to just Lotus's...

:cheers
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec