Craig Moncrieff thank you.

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
SAJ

Re: Craig Moncrieff thank you.

Post by SAJ » Fri May 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Me again :) discovered a knocking noise while going over speed bumps, had a look around the front and of the car and found the passenger side headlight had come loose.

I'm going up north to do my own take on the NC500 this weekend and wanted to get it sorted before going. Messaged Craig last minute on Wednesday night to ask if he could squeeze me in to fix before I left, as usual no problem at all. Dropped the car in first thing, got my usual drop off to work. Home time got a message from Craig that the car was ready and he'd be over to pick me up.

Car was also cleaned inside and out too as it was a bit of a state - thanks Craig, much appreciated as always.
Facebook: facebook.com/revlimits1
Instagram: @RevLimits

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Sat May 06, 2017 7:41 pm

MOT\service done and some creative thinking to get some issues fixed on the Exige :wink:

Top class service as always :thumbsup

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Sat May 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Great service yet again,

Had the S1 in to get a second fan and remote switch fitted as I'm always a bit worried about the K series engine overheating at the end of a track session or stuck in traffic. At the same time I asked Craig to have a look at the Geo as I had had it adjusted in Aberdeen and it felt awful afterwards and I didn't have any confidence in it at KN in March. Turns out Geo was nothing like the printed settings and it was a big job to get it right, but it seems to have transformed the handling back to how the Elise should handle. Now looking forward to getting it on track on the 20th.

Oh yeah. Where else does the service manager pick you up at the train station when your collecting your car, then follow up with a phone call to see if I was happy with the changes. Great service :D

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Sat May 20, 2017 3:10 pm

Well the swap over to winters happened a while back and CMC mentioned that one of the springs was broken. So as the front dampers were a well worn it was time to bite the bullet and get a suspension refresh. Took a little bit longer as Bilstein Coilovers were on back order from Germany so Sandra had to drive very cautiously until they arrived.

Sandra dropped "Penelope" the TT into her favourite "Pit Stop" at CMC where yet again she was treated with the upmost care.

First time today that I managed to drive the car and remarkable what a new set of suspension does for an old car. Handling is a 1000 times better and so much more confidence to chuck it around corners. Its not going to give the driving feell of a sportscar but good compromise for a work commuter for Sandra.

Big thank again to CMC as they were flawless as usual.

George
Last edited by douglasgdmw on Wed May 24, 2017 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Sat May 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Car was in getting a once over before the track day on Monday, needed a new set of rear pads and asked Craig to get the geo setup to my own specs and as I wanted it done as perfectly as possible Craig took it to Edmonstone at the other side of Edinburgh to get the job done for me.

Again usual top service I experience everytime.

mik

Post by mik » Sat May 20, 2017 8:48 pm

What did you have it set to Saaj?
2014 Evora S Sports Racer for him
2020 Audi E-Tron 55 Launch Edit for her

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Sun May 21, 2017 10:44 am

mik wrote:What did you have it set to Saaj?
Pm sent.

Stonefly

Post by Stonefly » Mon May 22, 2017 10:40 am

We've just been up there for a "54K service" including:
All fluids, oil, coolant, Brake and transmission oil
All belts, including the supercharger belt
Air and oil filters
A good once over the car and a few other little jobs

We dropped the car off on Friday morning and were offered a lift into town or wherever, we were picked up from the hotel on Saturday morning and the car was in tip top condition. The workshop is huge, spotless and full of cars having various jobs done. Craig can talk like, we had a good old chat - as I had previously when I first phoned to book in the work, very knowledgeable and nice chap.

Happy to say that the oil cooler recall was performed correctly however all the fluids were well past due and "looked as though they hadn't been changed in 6 years" and as for the air filter... I've burnt cleaner lumps of coal!

But it's all sorted now and the car feels like a completely different animal.
The gearchange has improved as has the urgency of the car, the clutch no longer feels like granite and the throttle response is heaps better.
We shall certainly be going back to Craig Moncrieff Cars in the future.

Just thought I'd add that the car isn't at 54K yet, just wanted to start afresh and from a clean slate so to speak.

c8rkh

Post by c8rkh » Mon May 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Dropped the VX220 off last week for some fettling - geo/tracking, brake pads and supply and fit a removable steering wheel. Boy what a difference does that last one make to getting in and out when you're a fat bugger like me!
Usual great service and all good...
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Mon May 22, 2017 4:34 pm

c8rkh wrote: Boy what a difference does that last one make to getting in and out when you're a fat bugger like me!
Usual great service and all good...
:lol:

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Mon May 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Exhaust fitted today at the very last minute - top service as always :thumbsup

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Mon May 22, 2017 10:45 pm

Just had Vicky out for a run and she is now over the 70k miles mark. Craig's team did a quick repair on the rear suspension after a mounting bracket snapped last month. He also rebuilt the gear linkage and it shifts better than ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Thanks for yesterday Craig - much appreciated as always.

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks for your help last week Craig :thumbsup

Cheers,

Steve.

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:17 pm

The team have been a couple of pairs of hands down lately but still fitted in the ageing S1 for MOT and a list of niggles.

Ready ahead of plan, cleaned inside and out, and a(nother) bill smaller than it surely should have been.

I should also point out that the ongoing MOT passes for UJI owe a lot to the advice, proactivity and preventive maintenance programme applied by CMC.

Really appreciate your efforts, Craig & team. Car was lovely to drive in the summer sunshine to Kilmarnock :-)
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy