Craig Moncrieff thank you.

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
KevD

Re: Craig Moncrieff thank you.

Post by KevD » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Yeah AA parts and labour, thanks to the AA as well for paying out hassle free.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:19 pm

I do try and convert S_E Kev, but they are either too pikey, much sooner pay out £500 for a HGF, too lazy, and there is probably a third reason but it escapes my comprehension.

tut

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:15 am

tut wrote:I do try and convert S_E Kev, but they are either too pikey, much sooner pay out £500 for a HGF, too lazy, and there is probably a third reason but it escapes my comprehension.

tut
They still have manufacturers warranty :thumbsup :wink:
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

Shug

Post by Shug » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:48 am

Another thanks for monty. Short notice service for elaines evora - turns out it needed front discs and pads, but fitted from stock, so all completed same day. Great price, plus even fixed a tpms glitch that previously wouldn't clear.

Even got a spit and polish for the three hour drive home through the salt :)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

Lazydonkey

Post by Lazydonkey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Another thanks from me. :thumbsup

Evora has been running well so it was just in for a routine 6 year service at 49k. Mentioned on the phone before booking it in that the front end wasn't biting as well as it used to be and i was worried about some wear to some part of the magic that happens down there :oops: Craig said "how old are your tyres? it's usually tyres".

Fast forward a few weeks and i arrive on a sat morning to drop the car off. Sure enough despite having a tonne of tread left one quick drive to the station (thanks for that :thumbsup ) confirmed that they'd seen better days and the car needed a geo. Ordered the tyres online, craig fitted them, got a geo arranged and carried out the service and MOT. Technically i could have done all that myself but it was great that he is able to make it all happen with a range of trusted suppliers.

Turned up this morning to get the car, got the usual warm welcome and chat, paid the more than reasonable bill and went on my way. Car is indeed transformed and i'm more than happy.
i3s, Volvo and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Well the thought of having a whole month go by without the TT needing work has been & gone. TT's been nicknamed Penelope due to her 'pitstop' visits to Craig's.

Suspension was a bit crashy and found to be the bushes needing replaced. All carried out without fuss at CMC.

Also got them to fit some new alloys for the winter tyres as well to smarten the old girl up a bit.

Unfortunately CMC will be seeing us in February as "incy" will be going in for its MOT.

Maybe March could be a CMC 'free' month !!!
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:44 am

Well, I'm not sure I win the "Elise Longest on SORN" award but I'll have a go - 12.5 years? For various reasons my Ruby S1 has been sitting in the garage gathering dust and I was never certain I'd be the one to get her back on the road again. It seemed for a while that I might sell her as a project. However, after reading this forum and a having a chat with the man himself, I decided to entrust the resurrection to Craig and his team. A couple of weeks after having the car trailered to CMC and a good bit of work being done to what's obviously a very high standard, chassis number 3078 lives again! Picked her up on Friday evening and went for a run around East and Midlothian today. To say I'm pleased with the result is an understatement. Hopefully the links to these pics work, not tried it before.

[img][URL=http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/htait ... 7.jpg.html][/img]
[img][URL=http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/htait ... p.jpg.html][/img]

Cheesy grin for most of the day. Can't believe how quickly I felt comfortable in the car again, although the non-servo MMC brakes did take a little time to get used to after too long in a Mondeo. I was a bit paranoid for the first few miles, listening to every squeak, rattle, clonk and fart - then quickly remembered they are normal for an S1 :D She's pretty standard and I don't think I'll change from the current setup unless something fails - Hurricane induction kit, S2 suspension and an Exige backbox. Still got a decent turn of speed and makes a nice noise.

There's a lot of praise on this forum for Craig, Callum and his team and I'd like to add mine. Quite unlike any other garage I've previously dealt with and the fact you can have a chat with the guy actually working on your car is a bit of a novelty. My car failed the MOT on Friday because it turned out the catalyst was no longer working. As Craig knew I was really looking forward to getting the car for the weekend, he loaned me his own catalyst for a week or two rather than giving me disappointing news. Top bloke. Excellent service all round and it's an easy decision to return to CMC for any future work.

The missus expected that I'd sell the S1 once it was back on the road and concentrate on my Sports Racer. Turns out she's happy as long as I actually use both cars - which won't be much of chore..... "Ruby" is definitely a keeper and will be staying for the foreseeable future.

All the best
Harvey
2007 Nightfall Blue S2 Sports Racer - chasing 6200rpm
1998 Ruby Red S1 - 20 years young
2016 Ford Mondeo estate - comfy cruiser

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:37 am

My car failed the MOT on Friday because it turned out the catalyst was no longer working. As Craig knew I was really looking forward to getting the car for the weekend, he loaned me his own catalyst for a week or two rather than giving me disappointing news. Top bloke.
That's quality service.
Facebook: facebook.com/revlimits1
Instagram: @RevLimits

Lazydonkey

Post by Lazydonkey » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:02 am

Ah the good old days of the Scottish Elise cat :lol:

I'm sure the old murrays one was on most of the s1s at one point. It saw A LOT of MOT stations :damnfunny
i3s, Volvo and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:01 am

Our turn.

Not mechanical this time.

There's a very smiley Mrs F here at Ford Towers, thanks to Craig's consultancy and contacts. Brokered the Evora sale and the purchase of its "successor" (cough), an Audi TT. In white (what else?).

I wouldn't exactly say I was smiling, but where there's a happy wife it's a happy life. So I'm told.

A very patient and tolerant individual especially with our hyperactive attitude to vehicle searches and questions. Thanks, Craig. CDP is on order. Special one this time.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 am

+1 MOT at VERY late notice which included a full set of boots for the family wagon, definitely went the extra mile.
W213 All Terrain

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:57 pm

Awesome service again as usual :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

So Craig has done a fair amount of work on my car over the last 12 months but I've never really credited him, Calum and Willie in any detail. So I thought today I'd go into a bit of detail so that everyone can get an idea of how much trust I place in these guys.

Komo-tec upgrade, so I couldn't be bothered going down south to Hangar 111 to get this done so I asked Craig if he would buy the bits and do the full upgrade for me. This was the first time Craig has done the Komo-tec upgrade on an Evora. The install wasn't without issues and I can only imagine a complete ball-ache for Craig due to finding an issue after the install. Now the CMC team knew what the issue was early on from their own testing but the amount of hoops they had to jump through to prove to Hangar what they already knew was just painful (it was a mapping issue). However not wanting to disappoint and provide the usual top service CMC forged on and eventually got there in the end and got the car sorted. Craig personally delivered my car back to me at home late that evening having already spent the day chasing for an updated mapping to be sent so it could be applied to fix the issue mentioned earlier and get the car going.

Full service
New spark plugs
Brake pads
Brake discs
New front windscreen
New airflow meter
New supercharger belt
Full geo
Fixing everything MMC broke on the car

The car was back in at the start of January for:

New clutch
New engine mounts
New brake pads - again :damnfunny
New 2bular track spec exhaust
New engine bay ventilation panel - the bit Lotus gave me
New gear linkage including Craig getting a part custom fabricated because you can't buy it direct from Lotus on its own
New antiroll bar drop links
Full Service
Aircon re-gas

I'm sure I've forgotten stuff but a lot of work has gone into the car these past few weeks including a lot of chasing for parts on back order and getting bits custom made. A total of 50+ hours has been spent on my car over the last 4 weeks and I hope Craig doesn't mind me saying this but he really looked after me on the costs as he didn't charged me anywhere near the true cost of 50 hours labour for working on the car - so I saved a huge amount which I really appreciated. It's not the first time Craig has looked after me when it comes to the bill, in fact when it comes to the bill he always looks after me. This is something I really appreciate as I have never asked Craig for a discount as I've always felt the service is worth every penny.

One of the best things about dealing with Craig is that nothing is ever a problem, whenever my car has been in Craig has happily dropped me off back to work and picked me up when its time to collect the car. I've lost count of the number of times I've sent Craig a WhatsApp message, morning, afternoon or night when I've had a niggle with the car and the answer has always been just bring it around and we'll take a look at it.

Craig has built up a high level of trust with me, it is at the stage now where I give the car to Craig and say if it needs anything done while it is in just go ahead and do it as I never worry that things are going to be done for no reason at all. Often I find Craig tries to save me money wherever he can.

Cant recommend CMC enough, Craig, Calum and Willie are all great to deal with so if you haven't given CMC a try then give them a shot -- you won't regret it!

:cheers CMC
Last edited by SAJ on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

mik

Post by mik » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:10 am

Ooh - CMC to do Komotec upgrades - sounds very interesting! 8)
2014 Evora S Sports Racer for him
2020 Audi E-Tron 55 Launch Edit for her

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:18 am

mik wrote:Ooh - CMC to do Komotec upgrades - sounds very interesting! 8)
Yep, I know they've done another Evora since mine with the same upgrades as I have.

keevster

Post by keevster » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Good to hear such positive words Saj.

You cannot fault Craig, you can see his passion in his job, without a doubt. It's a nice feeling when you can fling a garage the keys, and no they won't rip you off.