The AA - DONT USE

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
Andy G

The AA - DONT USE

Post by Andy G » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you know about an unfortunate event I've had with the AA which 3 months later still now sees me having to foot the repair bill for their incompetence after hours of emails and calls.

The 211 was recovered back in Nov and during winching , as the repair man switched from the control on the side of the truck to a remote control (which has is essentially an on/off button) he proceeded to damage the towing post on the car!

This was subsequently passed off to AA claims who I then contacted and have chased repeatedly since.

This led to an "engineer" coming to see the car, to assess the damage, and in his report stated that I had told him "the post had been welded many times and was not fit for purpose" - an utter lie which clearly I knew nothing about.

The AA refuse to pay out and I'm now faced with claiming through my insurers.

Absolutely seething as I pay these clowns £160 a year for my level of cover - baffled!

What sort of service is this? :evil: :evil:

Now I'm faced with the parts and labour bill for getting it put right, despite the fact the patrolmans error was witnessed.........
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

c8rkh

Re: The AA - DONT USE

Post by c8rkh » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Take them to the small claims court and call the engineer and your witness. The AA likely will not turn up, nor will the engineer if he know's you have a witness and you will win by default. A small but satisfying victory against a big machine. I would have thought they would need to prove they were not negligent as they were carrying out the service for you.
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to video them if I have to call them out so I have evidence of any mishaps. Can't trust anyone these days - honor, truth and respect seem to be completely gone from a lot of businesses these days.
Facebook: facebook.com/revlimits1
Instagram: @RevLimits

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Never had a problem with them doing any damage to my cars, but there was probably a good reason for that. However white N3 is a different ball game.

She went down to Craig a couple of weeks ago but have heard nothing untoward.

tut