Murrays - happy customer

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
mik

Murrays - happy customer

Post by mik » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:34 am

I should probably highlight that this isn't intended to challenge anyone that has been dissapointed with their service recently- just to record my experience.

Left the Evora with Murrays for a week whilst I was away on business. 1st MOT, service, and two new rear MPSS (bought independently some months back, but only now) needing fitted. I also asked that they consider a front suspension knock, an issue with the leather on my drivers seat bolster, and the under-dash draught that is a TADS.

Picked it up tonight- all sorted and brakes feeling better than they ever have in my tenure following a fluid change/bleed.

New arb bushes, aircon recirc "mod" performed, and leather on seat bolster re-fitted under warranty without quibble.

What I hadn't expected was freshly painted disc bells, wheel nuts and front grille. 8)

Guys were friendly and professional, with Ian taking time out for a blether as usual. Very happy customer. :)
2014 Evora S Sports Racer for him
2020 Audi E-Tron 55 Launch Edit for her

mxvx

Re: Murrays - happy customer

Post by mxvx » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:33 am

Glad to hear it
What is this re-circ you mention?

Stewart

mik

Post by mik » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:05 am

I'd read about a draught coming in under the dashboard on some cars, that disappears when you activate the recirculation button.

Didn't think mine was affected until I had my first motorway drive in winter with ambient temperature around freezing - when the icey blast was noticeable.

Not sure if this is the process Murrays followed as I wasn't there, but the fix is documented HERE

c8rkh

Post by c8rkh » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:45 am

Sounds like top service that. Nice one.
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

Super7

Post by Super7 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Excellent news, it can't be that easy being a Lotus dealer otherwise Arnold Clark etc. would have a go, keep it up, the last thing Lotus needs would be fewer dealers.

campbell

Post by campbell » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Top service indeed. Credit where it's due. I would like to see Murray back where they once were, for sure.

[Mod note - just moving this to Testimonials area]
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 pm

+1

Just picked the Cup up after a service and some minor warranty work. Most impressed with the service. Everything done and looking great when I picked it up tonight. Nick on the service desk was great to deal with and I was sent a video from the technician at the end of the workscope with a short report which I thought was a very nice touch.

I left a very contented customer.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 am

Have you got your own bed down there yet Graham?

tut

mik

Post by mik » Sat May 06, 2017 8:47 pm

So after my problem at the East (mis)Fortune training (see here I had to dump the car at Murrays. Ian notified security that I was coming - the guard opened up the compound so I could bring the car (very slowly) in when it came off the AA low-loader.

Lotus couldn't compete on price with the wheel I had spotted a wheel on ebay from The Lotus Centre (which was unused old stock) and were pretty pricey for the tyre too. To my surprise - given that I'd dumped my car with them- they said they were happy if I wanted to source the wheel and the tyre myself. Whatever suited me best.

Got the wheel from the above, and a tyre from Camskill. Got both sent directly to Murrays.

The wheel didn't arrive until yesterday morning, and since they weren't organising delivery the service guys couldnt be certain when the parts would arrive, so couldnt therefor book workshop time. I called in the morning to ask if the car would still be ready for Saturday collection - they were really busy on Friday but promised they would fit me in if they possibly could.

Got a call about 16h30 to say it was ready.

So Murrays:
- Fitted the tyre sourced elsewhere, and balanced the wheel
- Checked all the bushes etc to confirm no suspension damage, before fitting the wheel sourced elsewhere
- Realigned the rear bumper
- hoovered the interior and washed the exterior

And charged me.... £nothing. :shock:

As you can imagine - I was rather pleased with this. 8) Called Ian later to give thanks on my behalf (he was out on a test drive when I was leaving).

Seriouslying impressed. Absolutely first class customer care. :thumbsup and again - an extremely happy customer here. :)

Got the wheel home, and i am happy with the decision I made to replace rather than refurb. It's taken a right beating.

The bead for the inner tyre wall is tight up against the bead for the outer tyre wall, with a nice clean fold and half the tread facing the wheel. It's bizarre.... :?

Michelin have said they will look at it if I return it to Camskill - who can then initiate a claim.

The wheel will be refurbed and made into a garden table. :roll:

I expect the forum will struggle to show the pics, but will try anyway...

BigD

Post by BigD » Sat May 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Result. Be interested to hear what Michelin say. Lucky it happened where it did. Could've been so much worse if it'd happened on the road or a track.

campbell

Post by campbell » Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Love the table idea. Inspired.

And bravo Murray. They could use some decent press.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

c8rkh

Post by c8rkh » Sat May 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Glad to see you're all sorted and well done MMC, that is great service indeed.
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

mckeann

Post by mckeann » Sun May 07, 2017 12:04 am

are you sure they tyre failed and it wasnt just a result of asking too much from it by hitting a big bump sideways on an extremely grippy and abrasive surface? Do you know what pressure was in it at the time, had you been keeping an eye on it throughout the day?

mik

Post by mik » Sun May 07, 2017 11:19 am

The pressure was steady at 35psi on the rear and yes I had been (paranoidly) watching the dash display all day.

Can't say for sure of course what the cause was or whether it suddenly lost pressure on the run up to the corner as opposed to mid-corner.