Porsche spots sad sick silver elise S1 in St Andrews

Please do not post registrations
Dakers

Porsche spots sad sick silver elise S1 in St Andrews

Post by Dakers » Sat May 07, 2005 3:03 pm

A funny thing happened to me this week. I had gone into MMC to discuss part exchanging my S1 for a new Exige. I did have reservations about the Barbie Doll interior and the cliff like profile of the Toyota power delivery.
Anyway, Grahame has this Porsche Boxster S in stock. One 40 mile drive later, Patricia has persuaded me that we should keep the S1 and buy the Boxster instead of the Elise. Graeme and Bob delivered the Porsche here last night and I like his sense of humour by supplying it with Lotus licence holder and Lotus MMC badge for the rear window.
I now know what a cat with two tails would feel like. :D
Touring around St Andrews Patricia and I came across a disabled S1 being pulled onto a breakdown truck. To whoever it was, I hope it is not serious and will soon be repaired.
Perhaps it is because I think I saw the same car parked in Newport while I was out in my own Elise having fun.
It would be nice to know what happened to who.

Dakers

Post by Dakers » Sat May 07, 2005 3:09 pm

:oops: I meant to type Exige where I typed Elise. :o

I still have my wonderful Elise, but I also have this pretty impressive Boxster.

The only "drawback" is that you cannot see the engine. It is a bit like the Arc of the Covenant. You can hear the sound; experience the force, but there is nothing to be seen. :D