Ouch!

Please do not post registrations
Shug

Ouch!

Post by Shug » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:02 pm

Wavey from JJ last night at Charing Cross...

That front clam is a bit ouch fella... Funny, didn't look as rough in your clam-off pic. Have you checked there's no damage to either the geometry or the front crash structure?
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

jj

Post by jj » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:23 pm

Ouch indeed...... :x

I think its probably looking worse due to the 20 metres of duct tape holding it together - but it stops it flapping about in the wind!

I had it geo`d the week before this happened, and theres no funny vibrations / noises / wobbles at all, probably because it was a very low speed collision. Also had a look at the fibreglass crash structure and its fine, which is good.
The insurance assessor who covers central scotland was telling me he looks at 2 or 3 pranged elises a week, most with purely cosmetic damage like mine that still costs 000`s to fix :shock: .
Its going in this week to get fixed and they said they would double check everything then, its just a fecker that i`ll be carless for a few weeks :cry: !

ninja

Post by ninja » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:48 am

^^^^ well at least when you get it back you'll have no problem parking outside your work!

the place is deserted now the meters have been turned on, my company car is parked miles away but when i bring the elise into work i'll be happy to fork out so i can keep an eye on it!

are you getting any other work done to the car while it's in the garage? tweeks, mods etc?

ninja