Photography

Come and introduce yourself
scotty dugg

Photography

Post by scotty dugg » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi All,

I signed up yesterday, after spending a few days looking through various parts of the forum, seem like a genuine bunch of guys (like my old MX5 forum) and not a bunch of nuggets (like my Audi forum).

I'm a local automotive photographer (Aberdeen), who has always had a soft spot for Lotus, probably had a big influence in part for choosing two Mx5's in the past. I remember the big plans me and my pal had that we'd both own an Elise before we were 30 (unfortunately doubtful this will happen in the next 5 months!).

So this isn't a shameless plug for business or a money making scheme, more an attempt to make some contacts and photograph some cars that I would otherwise not get the chance to. This has always been a hobby for me and I've met some really interesting people thanks to it, often find car people get a bad rep which is very much undeserved.

So if anyone would be interested in a couple of hours one evening, letting me take some photos and having a look about the car, please let me know (link to my page in my signature).

Couple exmaples of what I do:
ImageNissan Skyline GTR M-Spec #2 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
ImageAventador Re-Edit by Scott Reid, on Flickr
Image#4 S14 Kouki by Scott Reid, on Flickr

Also, as good a place to ask, but back March 2014 after a cancelled Knockhill trackday, stuck my head out of the window to get some snaps are they anyone on here?:

ImageKnockhill #10 30.03.14 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

ImageKnockhill #11 30.03.14 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

If I could get away with owning another 2 seater, a VX220/Elise would be top of my list, but the other half would murder me since I'm meant to be saving for a house! :roll:

Thanks all,

Scott
https://www.facebook.com/SBReidPhotography/

campbell

Re: Photography

Post by campbell » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi Scotty and welcome along!

I moved your thread here to Newbies as that's a fine intro you gave us - and this is its natural home :thumbsup

You should look up Smee, another of our talented snappers here :-)
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi Scott, welcome to Scottish_Elises, always good to see new members posting. Here's to welcoming along a new Elise owner also in the near future.

The driver of the white Exige looks rather like Kinger, Graham King. By the way, we are quite happy for number plates to be shown on here unless it could be incriminatory.

tut

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 pm

tut wrote:Hi Scott, welcome to Scottish_Elises, always good to see new members posting. Here's to welcoming along a new Elise owner also in the near future.

The driver of the white Exige looks rather like Kinger, Graham King. By the way, we are quite happy for number plates to be shown on here unless it could be incriminatory.

tut
Yip, that was me returning from a fog bound day at Knockhill a while back.

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Scott,

Welcome to Scottish Elise's. You will find us a welcoming bunch - so much so that they even allow guys like me who have had Lotus's in the past and then moved over to Pork!!!

Best keep and eye out on the meets section as there is usually a LEGS meet every month which will allow you to pop along to see some of the Lotus's close up.

George
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

ScottJ-PS

Post by ScottJ-PS » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Scotty Dug, I remember you from MX5 forum. I bought a 2.0 PRHT Sport 2.5 years ago. Finally got round to buying an Elise 6 months ago but never got round to selling the MX5. that gets used Mon-Fri with heated seats and all mod cons and I keep Elise for weekends. If you fancy another 5 :wink:
Last edited by ScottJ-PS on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

renmure

Post by renmure » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:58 pm

There are lots of meets around the country, especially up around Aberdeen, with lots of nice stuff in attendance. Get along to one of these meets and grab owners

Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Wanted: Train.

scotty dugg

Post by scotty dugg » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:26 pm

campbell wrote:Hi Scotty and welcome along!

I moved your thread here to Newbies as that's a fine intro you gave us - and this is its natural home :thumbsup

You should look up Smee, another of our talented snappers here :-)
Thanks Campbell, wasn't sure where to post, I'll keep an eye out for Smee on the forum.
tut wrote:Hi Scott, welcome to Scottish_Elises, always good to see new members posting. Here's to welcoming along a new Elise owner also in the near future.

tut
Thanks tut, unfortunately I think an Elise is a tad further than "near", I'll need to start playing the lottery!
Kinger wrote:

tut
Yip, that was me returning from a fog bound day at Knockhill a while back.
Kinger, hope you didn't mind, normally not able to get rolling shots as I'm always driving, plus the days shooting was ruined with the weather.
douglasgdmw wrote:Scott,

Welcome to Scottish Elise's. You will find us a welcoming bunch - so much so that they even allow guys like me who have had Lotus's in the past and then moved over to Pork!!!

Best keep and eye out on the meets section as there is usually a LEGS meet every month which will allow you to pop along to see some of the Lotus's close up.

George
Thanks Douglas, I'll keep an eye out for the next LEGS meet, think I've seen the group once or twice in the past out and about.
ScottJ-PS wrote:Scotty Dug, I remember you from MX5 forum. I bought a 2.0 PRHT Sport 2.5 years ago. Finally got round to buying an Elise 6 months ago but never got round to selling the MX5. that gets used Mon-Fri with heated seats and all mod cons and I keep Elise for weekends. If you fancy another 5 :wink:
Hi Scott, yes from mx5scotland. My advice would be to keep a hold of the mx5 as a daily driver. Biggest mistake I've made yet selling that thing for the S3!
renmure wrote:There are lots of meets around the country, especially up around Aberdeen, with lots of nice stuff in attendance. Get along to one of these meets and grab owners
Thanks Renmure, I'll keep an eye out. Beleive I've seen the Ultima at the GTScotland meets, nice picture from Jacek as well.

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:40 pm

:welcome

The red 211 would be me :D

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

scotty dugg

Post by scotty dugg » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:36 am

Stu160 wrote::welcome

Stu
Thanks Stu, car looked awesome on the road, hope you didn't mind me hanging out the window!

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:40 am

scotty dugg wrote:
Stu160 wrote::welcome

Stu
Thanks Stu, car looked awesome on the road, hope you didn't mind me hanging out the window!
No, not at all, it's a cracking picture, looks straight out of Top Gear :thumbsup

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:02 am

Scott, did you see that we are meeting up this Sunday at Formartines near Tarves?

http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/vie ... 1&start=45

tut

scotty dugg

Post by scotty dugg » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:13 pm

tut wrote:Scott, did you see that we are meeting up this Sunday at Formartines near Tarves?

http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/vie ... 1&start=45

tut
I hadn't seen that, thanks for letting me know, may be too short notice this time but I'll see what I can do. Formartines does do cracking food!

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:25 pm

:welcome , Some cracking pictures there mate!

:cheers
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

campbell

Post by campbell » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:56 pm

You can subscribe to a sub forum to set an alert for new topics.

I used to have one on Meets (when I had the time to join them!).
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy