New from old rayne, near inverurie

Come and introduce yourself
D7PNY

New from old rayne, near inverurie

Post by D7PNY » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:14 am

Hi All,

I am currently selling my caterham supersport r and considering an elise or an exige to get something a little more usable as I've been doing a few road trips etc.

With 3 kids I've been thinking it'll get more use for the odd drive to work etc to.

I'm 6' 4" so need to make sure i fit first of all and get out in a few cars to see what I want. Always liked n/a cars but concerned that 190bhp or less won't be enough for me coming from 300bhp p/tonne caterham.

Car will be used on the road and the odd sprint/hillclimb and hopefully an occasional track day.

Wondered if there was anyone local that doesn't mind leaving a nosey at their car/seat in it etc?

There is a black exige s in my village but never managed to catch the owner to say hello.

Cheers,

Dave

Ferg

Re: New from old rayne, near inverurie

Post by Ferg » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:13 pm

:welcome Plenty SE people up your neck of the woods. :thumbsup

hendeg

Post by hendeg » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:28 pm

:welcome

Glad to see you made it over from Seloc.

I’m not sure who that would be in Old Rayne. Happy for you to have a look at mine. I’m in Peterculter.

Gary.
Exige GT

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:05 pm

2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

D7PNY

Post by D7PNY » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 pm

hendeg wrote::welcome

Glad to see you made it over from Seloc.

I’m not sure who that would be in Old Rayne. Happy for you to have a look at mine. I’m in Peterculter.

Gary.
Hi Gary,

That would be great if I could have a nosey sometime.

Are you ever in inverurie for v8 breakfast?

Dave

AJT

Post by AJT » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Alan
S2 111S

Digital

Post by Digital » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:25 am

Hi Dave, good to see you on here! Hope the family's doing well, my sprint and hillclimb appearances have taken a short break after my daughter arrived last year, but hoping to get back out next year.

You know you could have had a shot in my Exige at Alford a couple of years back :wink:

Cheers,
Jamie
2005 Chrome Orange Lotus Exige S2

hendeg

Post by hendeg » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:45 am

D7PNY wrote:Are you ever in inverurie for v8 breakfast?e
I do make the occasional trip out there. Might head out this Sunday depending on the weather.
Exige GT

Rosssco

Post by Rosssco » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:53 am

Hi Dave,

Equally, if you need a look around a Lego Elise (VX220) with supercharger, I'm in Aberdeen.

Ross
VX220 SC
M135i
Parajet V3 Moster 185

graeme

Post by graeme » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:50 pm

:welcome from Kintore

Danny T30TUS

Post by Danny T30TUS » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi Dave,

Welcome along.

I've got an Elise 220 Cup and I'm in Inverurie and use my car daily. Happy for you to pop round for a butchers.

Cheers

Danny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

D7PNY

Post by D7PNY » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:46 am

Cheers guys. Will maybe pop along to fennel on Sunday on the off chance.

Dave

istoo

Post by istoo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 am

D7PNY wrote:Hi All,

I am currently selling my caterham supersport r and considering an elise or an exige to get something a little more usable as I've been doing a few road trips etc.

With 3 kids I've been thinking it'll get more use for the odd drive to work etc to.

I'm 6' 4" so need to make sure i fit first of all and get out in a few cars to see what I want. Always liked n/a cars but concerned that 190bhp or less won't be enough for me coming from 300bhp p/tonne caterham.

Car will be used on the road and the odd sprint/hillclimb and hopefully an occasional track day.

Wondered if there was anyone local that doesn't mind leaving a nosey at their car/seat in it etc?

There is a black exige s in my village but never managed to catch the owner to say hello.

Cheers,

Dave

Hello! Used to stay in Insch and had a s1 111s, pal Ian (captain) also about the same height had an S1 (roomier than the s2)

I put tall rails in my car for a bit of extras torso room. Removable steering wheel also helps.

I sold mine in May, so can't offer a nosey but heaps of folk around Inverurie and certainly a few dwell around fennel on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S2 111s

D7PNY

Post by D7PNY » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:00 pm

istoo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 am
D7PNY wrote:Hi All,

Cheers,

Dave

Hello! Used to stay in Insch and had a s1 111s, pal Ian (captain) also about the same height had an S1 (roomier than the s2)

I put tall rails in my car for a bit of extras torso room. Removable steering wheel also helps.

I sold mine in May, so can't offer a nosey but heaps of folk around Inverurie and certainly a few dwell around fennel on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe your old one way just up for sale and I remember seeing it for sale by you previously as was window shopping at that point to!

Sat in an S2 with hardtop at the weekend and immediate thoughts were:
- Far easier to get into that the Caterham as I have a full cage
- Ok head room. I sat in it with my helmet on and was ok with hardtop although I had to slouch slightly. Without helmet was absolutely fine.
- Leg room was a no no though. No chance of heel/toe and this was with an aftermarket steering wheel. I think with a spacer installed and a slightly dished wheel I would be ok though.

Definitely felt so much more usable than the Caterham though so provided I can modify it enough to get comfortable I think it's a good to go.

Just the minor issue of getting the Caterham sold first! :lol: