Post by j2 lot » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:45 pm

:welcome
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

robin
Jedi Master

Re: Hi from Westhill (near enough)

Post by robin » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:06 am

I don't use my car in the summer, let alone the winter :-) It goes out for 3-4 UK/euro track days and maybe the odd run up north (I live in Edinburgh) and that's it. I think I have either 195 or 205 on the fronts of mine on standard wheels for a 2012 Elise, probably AD07 but maybe AD08 - so long since I've looked :-)
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Welcome .
I have used http://www.jimkingautotune.co.uk/ as recommended by a couple of posters here. He has quite a few lotus and 7 customers and would have no hesitation in using him again.

istoo

Post by istoo » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:50 pm

C7Steve wrote:Simon,

James Hall uses his Cup250 all year and has winter tyres that he uses. I will give him a nudge so he can let you know what he prefers.

I usually get Craig Moncrieff to service my car and any additional work, but he is down in Edinburgh. Brian uses the garage out at Glenkindie in Strathdon but unsure who to recommend in Aberdeen.

Steve.
Dave at Glenkindie also gets my vote, did work on my Elise (he is also an ex owner of an S2) and been brilliant with the old car. Craig for big services too. Worth the trip.

Welcome, I am just about to move to westhill next month also Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S2 111s

brian

Post by brian » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:58 am

Welcome Simon,

Nice to see another Elise in the North East.

Craig provides an excellent service but is a bit of a trek from Aberdeen.
For more local service, I highly recommend Dave at Glenkindie but he’s a fair distance out. Jim King is also good and just got my S1 through its MOT, including welding a cat into the exhaust system. Not sure how it got through it’s previous MOTs without one!

For Geo set up, I’d use DC Garage Services in Dyce, check Testimonials category for contact details.

Currently have AD08Rs which are a good road tyre. I used to run an S2 on 888 track tyres all year round, just need to adapt driving style to conditions.

Due to issue with my i3 I’ve been using the S1 over the past week and it’s been fine on icy roads. Biggest issue was 4x4s sitting 3 ft off my bumper as I toddle along at 40mph which was max speed before car started squirming about too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

istoo

Post by istoo » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:57 am

My s2 11s came on bridgestones which I never got on for similar reasons to OP.

Went for Ad07 neovos fitted by Ronnie from Wheels around. Who was cheaper than anywhere for buy and fit. Made a huge difference to feel of car on ride as and track.

S2 111s

hendeg

Post by hendeg » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:44 pm

I presume it was you that passed me on Malcolm Road this afternoon. I was on the bike - fooked because I’d been to Ballater. I wasn’t waving to warn you of the car, although that worked out ok.
Exige GT

rtbc

Post by rtbc » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:18 pm

Great, thanks for all the garage suggestions, that's really helped! Much appreciated. I may go and visit Craig for an inspection and the geo - just to make sure nothing I need to know about. Tyres settling down now, much better - after an initial "I appear to have no brakes" start.

Hendeg - Hah! Yes that was me. My 12 yr old daughter asked "why did he wave?" and I said because of the car coming... even friendlier it wasn't! Though worked out well as you say.

Jam_s160

Hi from Westhill (near enough)

Post by Jam_s160 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:24 pm

My winter wheel set is running 185 up front and 225 on rear. The car on track day tyres from lotus factory has 195 front / 225 rear. I’ve just renewed my track day wheels and gone for 205 front / 225 rear.

For reference my older 2013 Elise S came with 175 front / 225 rear. So the s3 Elise has quite a few varieties up front to play with.

SteveLeaper

Post by SteveLeaper » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:35 pm

Hello from a fellow Aberdeenshire Exige owner, just North of Aberdeen in the Ellon area.
I'm running a black S3 although not keen on taking it out on these wet/salty roads just now. Looking forward to spring/summer and some nice weather. Hopefully see you on the road somewhere!