S1 Downpipe Fitting

The place to "speak geek"
Turtlepower

S1 Downpipe Fitting

Post by Turtlepower » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi Guys

Looking for some recommendations in the Glasgow area for a garage to take my S1 to for a new flexi downpipe to be fitted. Would have attempted this myself but living in a flat in the city centre i dont have the location for it! :D Bit last minute but looking for it to be done by thursday as we are supposed to be going away on a little driving tour! :thumbsup

Already got the downpipe from these guys www.motorsportworld.co.uk for a Janspeed one for £111.03 inc delivery. Also considering getting the gear linkage upgrade and was looking for people recomendations on one. Mrs has started driving the car and it has highlighted to me how notchy the gear change is with it not liking going into gear very smoothly! Can only be described as a kind of rubbery / stiff resistance. Think i have been driving around the problem for a couple of years but the new driver has highlighted the problem! :(

:cheers

Steven
1998 S - 1.8 Lotus Elise - New Aluminium

robin
Jedi Master

Re: S1 Downpipe Fitting

Post by robin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Cannot help on the Glasgow area downpipe fitting, but don't leave until last minute - the studs into the manifold have a habit of shearing which turns a sh*t job into a real turd.

Re: the gearchange, by all means change the linkage, but some careful cleaning, lubrication and alignment can also work wonders.

Cheers,
Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Not sure of any west coast garages; all the one's I would use are in the east; SLS, Murrays, Falkland, Dan....

I am having a spanners sesh (see meets) on Sunday if you want use of a driveway to give it a go yourself? I changed mine recently; not too bad, thanks to the tip from Shug; cover the studs in WD40 several times before you go to loosen the nuts. I'll be taking mine of again on Sunday to get at the manifold... next job on the list!!
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

Ferg

Post by Ferg » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:40 pm

The manifold is a whole differe story. :blackeye

Worth doing new studs and nuts while you're there?

BiggestNizzy

Post by BiggestNizzy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Mine was a piece of piss (lambda sensor aside)

/jammy as f*ck
Sent from my ZX SPECTRUM +2A

Turtlepower

Post by Turtlepower » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:54 am

Dom

Cheers for the offer of the drive, sorry i never replied but couldnt get on the site at the weekend and its been mad at work lately. Was away visiting on the Sunday anyhoo. The Mrs has now veto'd the Elise to Cornwall so now no longer in a rush! :D Thinking when the service is due i might spend a few extra pennies and get the linkage looked at. Need to get the downpipe fitted when i get back tho as the other half does not seem to like stainless steel ornaments! :lol:

Cheers Guys!
1998 S - 1.8 Lotus Elise - New Aluminium