Airbag light

The place to "speak geek"
anthonyyule

Airbag light

Post by anthonyyule » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi there. Hopefully somebody can help

ive just completely removed the OEM seat belts and replaced them with shroth harnesses. Im really happy with the install but the problem is that the airbag light has now illuminated and I can't work out why? Are the seatbelt connectors (both on the seatbelt and under the drivers seat) somehow connected the airbag mechanism and what can I do to reset/ fix the problem??

thanks T

woody

Re: Airbag light

Post by woody » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Iirc, lotus stopped fitting harnesses/harnesses only when the card went to airbag dash only versions? Think the issue is something to do with the airbag not being calibrated to work with the different position you'd be in during a crash with harnesses.

neil

Post by neil » Fri May 05, 2017 8:19 am

Presumably it's worked out the seatbelt units are missing. You could try plugging them back in and see if the light goes off, although I'm not convinced the airbag light will reset without manual intervention.

I've got harnesses in mine but left the seatbelts in too. I've unplugged the under seat connection and haven't had any issues. Of course things may have changed since 2013 but I doubt it. Pretty sure Kingers running with seatbelts and harnesses too.
Exige V6

2F45T4U

Post by 2F45T4U » Fri May 05, 2017 11:01 am

If there were seatbelt pre-tensioners fitted which have now been removed, this will almost certainly be causing an airbag fault.

anthonyyule

Post by anthonyyule » Sun May 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Thanks guys.... yes that's the issue. I've fitted resistors into the he seatbelt pretensior plugs but the light is still on so I reckon the ecu will need a reset next time it's at MMC