servicing

The place to "speak geek"
ferg f

servicing

Post by ferg f » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:03 am

New here, have tried searching but I'm useless with computers :)

Who do you recommend for servicing and maintenance for an Elise?

I'm in East Ayrshire.

Cheers - ferg

woody

Re: servicing

Post by woody » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:08 am

There's no real specalist local to Ayrshire (I'm near Troon) but AM Mechanical Services in Ayr are good for more interesting cars generally and are based at Tams brig MOT center, so ideal for MOTs. Croft garage in Tarbolton are also experienced MOTing Elises. Kenny Brown in hillington has a good rep and lots of experience, especially with suspension set up and CMC cars in Edinburgh are a Lotus specalist ran by the former Murrays (main dealer) workshop manager with some of their former techs.

Where in East Ayrshire are you?

ferg f

Post by ferg f » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:40 pm

woody wrote:There's no real specalist local to Ayrshire (I'm near Troon) but AM Mechanical Services in Ayr are good for more interesting cars generally and are based at Tams brig MOT center, so ideal for MOTs. Croft garage in Tarbolton are also experienced MOTing Elises. Kenny Brown in hillington has a good rep and lots of experience, especially with suspension set up and CMC cars in Edinburgh are a Lotus specalist ran by the former Murrays (main dealer) workshop manager with some of their former techs.

Where in East Ayrshire are you?

Cheers for the info woody, much appreciated.

I am out past Sorn, saw two Elises last night around 2000 on my way home (was in the wifes car), a red Elsie Cup on the M77 and a "lime green" one on the Galston road.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:48 am

Highly recommend Ken Brown in Hillington. :thumbsup
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99