Ticking indicators

The place to "speak geek"
Kinger

Ticking indicators

Post by Kinger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:11 pm

One of the things that bugged me with my old V6 was the silent indicators. So today was get the old silent relay out and fit a “clicking” one. What a transformation, I'm sure Steve will be pleased as I used to forget to switch it off when he was behind me.

I also arourfended the nose ahead of Spa trip. Quite pleased with the result. I was quoted £1250 from polished bliss, so decided to buy a computer cut kit from eBay for £85, jobs a good-one. But took me way longer than I expected.

Final task was to try and sort out the candle headlights, I’ve fitted LED bulbs, ok I’ve fitted one bulb today. I want to see the difference between the original and the LED when it’s dark. I’ll take a picture if it’s any good.

All in all a busy weekend 😂

Ferg

Re: Ticking indicators

Post by Ferg » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Nice work.

TBH that’s probably better than the new noisey indicators as it’s barrly audible. Interested in how you find the new bulbs. 👍

campbell

Post by campbell » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Silent indicators on something I drove recently. WTF

Utterly daft.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

BigD

Post by BigD » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:02 pm

I think I got used to the non ticking indicators as the elise before was so loud I couldn’t hear them in that either.

campbell

Post by campbell » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Ah. That was it. Robin's S3
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

BigD

Post by BigD » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:46 am

campbell wrote:Ah. That was it. Robin's S3 Image
Image No mine was quite old and lightweight though being an ‘04. Image

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Kinger wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:11 pm
Final task was to try and sort out the candle headlights, I’ve fitted LED bulbs, ok I’ve fitted one bulb today. I want to see the difference between the original and the LED when it’s dark. I’ll take a picture if it’s any good.
Which bulbs did you go with? Straight swap?
W213 All Terrain

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Sanjøy wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:30 pm
Kinger wrote:
Hi, I went for HB3 LED's, Bought a cheap set of TXVSO8 headlights form Amazon for £24. I thought if they were rubbish not much lost, I'll meet up with Steve so we can get a direct comparison between standard and LED. I've not been able to get the car out for a drive in the dark yet.

Only issue is I'm having to make up a couple of larger rubber boots to seal off the bulbs as the connectors are a bit longer the original bulbs

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:42 pm

Finally managed to upload a picture showing one of each bulb. New LED on the left. Both bulbs now fitted, just need to get out on the road once the snow has gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigD

Ticking indicators

Post by BigD » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:13 pm

Kinger wrote:
Sanjøy wrote:
Kinger wrote:
Hi, I went for HB3 LED's, Bought a cheap set of TXVSO8 headlights form Amazon for £24. I thought if they were rubbish not much lost, I'll meet up with Steve so we can get a direct comparison between standard and LED. I've not been able to get the car out for a drive in the dark yet.

Only issue is I'm having to make up a couple of larger rubber boots to seal off the bulbs as the connectors are a bit longer the original bulbs
My uprated bulbs were a different shape connector so I had to heat the rubber boots with a hot air gun and stretch it so they fitted then tie wrapped them on. Seem to have stayed in place ok.

The uprated (non-LED) bulbs were a good improvement and raising the aim helped a lot. Pretty decent now. Image

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:39 pm

BigD wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:13 pm
Kinger wrote:
Sanjøy wrote:

My uprated bulbs were a different shape connector so I had to heat the rubber boots with a hot air gun and stretch it so they fitted then tie wrapped them on. Seem to have stayed in place ok.

The uprated (non-LED) bulbs were a good improvement and raising the aim helped a lot. Pretty decent now. Image
Hi D, I'll raise the height when I'm back in fitting the covers. Is the adjust screw the big hex under the headlight unit ?

BigD

Post by BigD » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:17 pm

Kinger wrote:
BigD wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:13 pm
Kinger wrote: Hi, I went for HB3 LED's, Bought a cheap set of TXVSO8 headlights form Amazon for £24. I thought if they were rubbish not much lost, I'll meet up with Steve so we can get a direct comparison between standard and LED. I've not been able to get the car out for a drive in the dark yet.

Hi D, I'll raise the height when I'm back in fitting the covers. Is the adjust screw the big hex under the headlight unit ?
From memory there’s 2. One for up/down and one for left/right. Can’t remember which is which but easy to adjust which makes a change from the S2. But yes a big plastic hex screw.

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:40 am

Did you find adjusting the up angle helped at all with the light projection on the road?

BigD

Post by BigD » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:03 pm

C7Steve wrote:Did you find adjusting the up angle helped at all with the light projection on the road?
Yes I definitely did.