Elise S1 elise s1 cobra 6019hf alarm/immobiliser issue

The place to "speak geek"
robin
Jedi Master

Re: Elise S1 elise s1 cobra 6019hf alarm/immobiliser issue

Post by robin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:18 pm

I'll take a look at the wiring diagram and get back to you. I probably have spare wires + the crimps that you can feed into the connector. But you can also buy them from Emerald in strips of 5 or 10 I think. So easy to rewire the plug to replace the broken wire(s).

Are you sure the fuel pump doesn't prime? If you have the home made bypass wires inserted, key out of the ignition, wait 30 seconds until the immobiliser cuts in (flashing LED on dash). Clear immobiliser with the remote (or whatever you use), insert key, turn ignition on but do not crank. You should hear the fuel pump run for about 5 seconds. If you don't hear it, you might still hear the click-click of the fuel pump relay turning on and then off again.
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:39 pm

See this picture:

Are you sure it's pin 6 that's broken? What colour is that wire? Pin 6 is blue and grey (/slate/silver). It's the cooling fan relay control so won't stop the car from running.

Wires that might stop the fuel pump from running:

The fuel pump relay control wire is pin 20, black & purple.

The code wire from Lucas to ECU is pin 13, yellow & red. (I am not 100% certain this would prevent priming but it would prevent the engine from running).

The main relay control wire is pin 4, white & pink. This would prevent the engine from running and I think it would also prevent the priming of the fuel pump because the ECU won't actually power up properly without it.

You can also experiment with the fuel pump with some more free form hot-wiring. Ignition off, remove the MFRU. Look at the plugs that come off. One has a chunky white&purple wire and a chunky brown&grey (slate/silver) wire. Even with the ignition off if you stick a bit of heavy duty wire into the contacts that are these two wires and the fuel pump will run.

Where is the car?

Cheers,
Robin
#bemoretut

Pedro007

Post by Pedro007 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Whoever can work this out Is the SELOc King off Tech...and a bonus off...being damn elise guru ;-)
Cheers,
Pedro

Pedro007

Post by Pedro007 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks Robin,

As always your full off greay advise and determination like masel...am n fife...shes almost breathing life but think its more complex pal...pin 6 n mem 1.9 12 pin connector....it's worn out like bust...doesn't lead to ecu loom...an earth maybe...can supply pics...make it sop easier like? Am n peterstevenson@dynamic-it.co.uk

Cheerz Neebz

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:31 am

Yes please take a picture. The mems doesn't have a 12 pin connector. The white 12 pin connector next to the ECU is for the immob. If that has pin 6 wire broken then that would explain a lot.
#bemoretut

Pedro007

Post by Pedro007 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:59 am

Hi Robin,

Thanks for soo much information, yes it's the 12 pin white connector for immobiliser...I thought it connected to the ECU? It's defo pin 6. I haven't been able to find where the cable ever connected...apart from a kind off pink/white wire with a connector (male/female) type....I think it may be it...or an earthing.

I am in Fife Robin near the Forth Bridge...can I email you a cpl pics? Reckon you'll know from pics, but I always like to see a fellow elises club member?

Many thanks,
Pedro

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Sure just send me an email to robiniddon@gmail.com - cannot make it over today, but hopefully we'll get it sorted anyway.

I assume it's the connector that I've put a red box around.

Is the broken wire on the side I've marked with a red line or the other side?

Cheers,
Robin
#bemoretut

Pedro007

Post by Pedro007 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks Robin,

I'll email a cpl of pics, but yes your right it's the pin 6 there...it's a bit of a mess..but sure is fixable...pity i can't find other end of cable...or am going wire blind with aw these wiring hahaha.

All best,
Pedro

Pedro007

Post by Pedro007 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Many thanks everyone for thier help and especially Robin for coming round and helping me find a fix. Am very happy now I can run the car...I've still got a bit of work to do, but hope to see you all out an about soon.

All the best,
Pedro