S3 suspension options

The place to "speak geek"
robin
Jedi Master

Re: S3 suspension options

Post by robin » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:23 pm

I will be adjusting camber and certainly look into the ARB too. I won't go mental on front camber as I don't want too much tram lining and cannot be arsed with the machining options :-)

What I found made a big difference to the "balance" (my idea of balance might not match yours ;-)) was undoing a bit of rear toe in; the rear toe in is good for keeping the car in a straight line but works against turning in, so I might try to remove a small amount of rear toe in also when the geo gets done for the rest of it.
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Anyone know how much the Niton Club Sports lower ride height by? Considering them, but pretty close to scraping the splitter getting into and out of the garage already!
"Bug" 2015 Elise 220 Cup, Toxic Green (2bular)
2009 Audi S3 (Milltek, MTM, VW Racing), Velvet Purple
Previously: 2004 Elise 111S, Aubergine Purple

BigD

Post by BigD » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:33 pm

Bobby wrote:Anyone know how much the Niton Club Sports lower ride height by? Considering them, but pretty close to scraping the splitter getting into and out of the garage already!
It’s height adjustable so whatever height you want.

Rosssco

Post by Rosssco » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:39 pm

For anyone really interested in fine tuning the steering aspect of the car, Spitfire have just released their variable ration steering arm kit (which allows increased camber, use of rose-joints etc.)

Not cheap, but if you fancied playing with the steering ratio, much quicker than replacing the steering rack!

http://www.spitfireengineering.com/vari ... stem-vrsas
VX220 SC
M135i
Parajet V3 Moster 185

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Ordered a custom set of Nitrons from Hofmann's in the end. Getting better 46mm bodies only usually available on the [expensive!] 3-way ones, but with just 1-way adjustment like the Club Sport for pretty similar price. 475/650 springs and built with near-normal ride height in mind. That, plus Pilbeam ARB.

Had considered bearing kit and toe link kit while at it, but the Cup's not that old, so probably not worth it.

Now waiting on delivery, but should be in plenty of time for SLS! :)
"Bug" 2015 Elise 220 Cup, Toxic Green (2bular)
2009 Audi S3 (Milltek, MTM, VW Racing), Velvet Purple
Previously: 2004 Elise 111S, Aubergine Purple

van cleef

Post by van cleef » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Bobby wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:30 pm
Ordered a custom set of Nitrons from Hofmann's in the end. Getting better 46mm bodies only usually available on the [expensive!] 3-way ones, but with just 1-way adjustment like the Club Sport for pretty similar price. 475/650 springs and built with near-normal ride height in mind. That, plus Pilbeam ARB.

Had considered bearing kit and toe link kit while at it, but the Cup's not that old, so probably not worth it.

Now waiting on delivery, but should be in plenty of time for SLS! :)

Curious to how you’ll find the 46mm Nitrons?

I went with the fast road spec 40mm Ntr’s through elise parts with their 1” adjustable ARB, with AR1’s..... the limits of the car have been pushed well above my abilities for now.