Help with repairs Dundee/Angus/Perth areas

The place to "speak geek"
Type23

Help with repairs Dundee/Angus/Perth areas

Post by Type23 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:12 am

Hi,

I am currently trying to get my S2 Elise Type 23 back into shape and was wondering if anyone could recommend a mechanic/garage who can supply and fit the following at a decent price;

1. New Battery
2. Replace the HT leads
3. Replace the Spark Plugs
4. Oil and Filter Change
5. Clean the front and back brakes (new discs and pads fitted less than 100 miles ago but car has been sitting a fair bit)

If anyone can make suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Ideally someone looking for a homer would be great. Trying to keep costs down as looking to sell the car once its back up and running.

Thanks in advance.

robin
Jedi Master

Re: Help with repairs Dundee/Angus/Perth areas

Post by robin » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi, on an S2 all of those jobs are trivial, except the oil filter which requires you to take the undertray off and is generally messy. The engine is just a rover K series with the coil packs under the plug cover. So if you have a competent local mechanic that you would trust with other cars, I would say they can do this job too.

Otherwise the only recommendation from me would be to bring it to CMC in Edinburgh, which is a bit further than you were hoping for, I know. I haven't ever had to use anyone north of the river.

Don't clean the brakes - just drive the car - they will clean themselves ;-)
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

Corranga

Re: Help with repairs Dundee/Angus/Perth areas

Post by Corranga » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:51 am

I suspect it's been too long and Type23 isn't all that likely to see this but... Did Dave Ross end up buying this?
'16 MINI Cooper S - Family fun hatch
'98 Lotus Elise - Fun day car
'07 Fiat Panda 100HP - Daily puddle jumper
'04 Maserati Coupe GT - Manual, v8, Italian...