Tyres

The place to "speak geek"
ferg f

Tyres

Post by ferg f » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:54 am

Probably been asked a thousand times but things change, so here goes.....

Been using the Yokohama AD07 on the Elise but the backs are pretty much f**ked and looking at new ones. Was going to go with the new AD08RS Yoko's but I've been reading some pretty poor reviews which did include one from an Elise owner, seems the rubber is fairly hard to what you'd expect resulting in poorish grip and a lot of squealing.

Anyone tried the Toyo r888r?

Any other suggestions? With experience?

Cheers

hendeg

Re: Tyres

Post by hendeg » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:28 pm

I went through the same when choosing new tyres for the Exige. I ended up with Avon ZZS thinking it’s a good all round tyre. I’d had ZZR before and liked them.

There’s quite a long thread on SELOC recently if you haven’t seen it already.
Exige GT

ferg f

Post by ferg f » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:32 am

Thanks, I'll go have a look at the thread 👍

hendeg

Post by hendeg » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:12 pm

Exige GT

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:53 pm

I to read all the bad reviews regarding the AD08RS tyres, but I decided to give them a go as I've loved the previous AD08's and AD08R's. I've only used them (RS's) on two trackdays at Knockhill so far, one night was dry and the SIDC day was good mix of wet and dry. To be honest I thought they were pretty much as good as the the originals. I gave them a good work out in the dry and there was none of the squealing etc that had been reported on Seloc and in the wet I would rate them the exactly the same as the originals. I bought a set of Nankang AR1's for dry trackdays but I cant see me using them much in preference to the AD08RS tyres. Personally I'm glad the Nankang NS-2R's weren't available at the time and I went for the Yoko's.

Just my findings, good luck going forward.