SIDC Knockhill - Saturday 22nd June

Strictly for tarmac whores

steviej

Re: SIDC Knockhill - Saturday 22nd June

Post by steviej » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks John and everyone for a great day, struggled with rear end grip today too when it was really wet, also had my son out on his first time on track and must say I was a bit worried about the weather and the fact he hadn't driven the car before but the driving standards from everyone (including him) were brilliant.
Thanks also to Martin for the pax in his exige ... Oh dear, its hide the classifieds and cheque book time .

Modena Scotland

Post by Modena Scotland » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:56 am

Thank you John for the great day and fantastic photos. Your skills always impress me!

:cheers

I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
A Senna

Shared SE Calendar

easty-5

Post by easty-5 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:40 am

I had an awesome day yesterday. Many thanks to John for the last minute slot :)

My car was going really well. The new rear tyres and brakes made a huge difference. Although the car has a real tendency to understeer, especially at the hairpin. It helped when I turned the TC off for the hairpin, I could turn in that bit sharper and the car wasn't bogging down on the exit. Wish I new that before 40mins from the end the day :lol:

It was great to catch up with some regulars again as it feels like I have been away for ages. Also, huge thanks to Martin for taking me out in the Exige. Its goes and sounds brilliant. Loved it. Hope you didn't take too much gravel home with you :)

Here is my first video: Clark was showing me how to drive the M properly 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD2d6T-- ... e=youtu.be

(YouTube have ruined the quality, its almost perfect on my laptop. Such a shame.)

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:44 am

Really enjoyed the day, unlike the last one in reverse direction in the wet. Four ADO8's helped as opposed to a mix of different makes, and the car was gripping well. Did not get out with AndyG, but was running with AlanG and could overtake or stay with most others.

Did not stop me from running straight on at the Hairpin after missing a gear, but was able to drive out of the gravel without even a yellow. However not so clever was coming out of the pit lane with Regina for her first time on track and managing a 360 at McIntyres, and as I always drive a warm up lap that took me by surprise. There was a red flag for fuel spilt on the track next lap so maybe that was it. :D

Was up at 0400 and had to drive straight back for the dogs, so was fighting the tiredness on the A90 and it was bloody hot with the roof up, sun and heavy showers, so took it off and got wet for a while. Passed a scam van half way back, speedo does not work but try to stick below 4200rpm which is a genuine 80, so was within a couple of tuts of that above or below. Would be silly as if you are going to get three points then get them at 94.

Nasty moment though was as I turned into the village. There must have been an event in the village hall as a young loon came dashing out and straight across the road in front of me. I was only doing 20 and stopped but even so his hand was on the bonnet. Thought it was a big joke and ran off laughing as I got out of the car. Fortunately there were plenty of witnesses if I had hit him.

Still in bed at 1140 after my Sunday breakfast, but the sun is shining so will go for a run along the Moray coast road.

tut

scottishselise

Post by scottishselise » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:52 am

Nice driving Clark!

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Scottish Scrutineer wrote:This is turning into a busy Saturday. The plan was; Doune hill climb for a morning of scrutineering, then across to Knockhill to start SMRC scrutineering at 14:00. I'll now head back over earlier to try and catch up with you guys in the paddock, especially the old rogue Tut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Renny
Presume that you could not make it before we left Renny?

tut

Mr Momo

Post by Mr Momo » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Great pictures John !

Is that Alan's new R500 in orange ? It's a proper old R500 - yikes, how fast will he be now ?

:lol:
Emira - Volvo spec
A1 S-Line - Dennis the Menace spec

Modena Scotland

Post by Modena Scotland » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:06 pm

It's a K series R500 :thumbsup

Great to see Kev sideways :D

I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
A Senna

Shared SE Calendar

Gourlay83

Post by Gourlay83 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Mr Momo wrote:Great pictures John !

Is that Alan's new R500 in orange ? It's a proper old R500 - yikes, how fast will he be now ?

:lol:
Still to find out...I would have been faster in the Frog TBH. Combine semi-slicks, a terrible full throttle only minister map and a wet track made a really interesting day :).

Had a great day out, thanks to John for organising and posting up the photos. Great company and track etiquette as per usual.

Apologies for nearly killing Andy and the wife, I honestly had no idea you were on my right. Bad mirrors (and never usually see anyone in them anyway :blackeye ). That Atom is bonkers, I want one.

:cheers Alan.
"Chicks dig scars and I measure mine in feet"

Ford Fiesta Zetec \m/ - Get's me erse to work spec.
Caterham R500 - The grenade powered one.

BigD

Post by BigD » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Mike Scib wrote:
Had a great few laps with BigD in his new toy. Both cars seem very similar on track performance wise but totally different beasts with there power delivery and handling....good fun synchronised drifting :thumbsup

Cheers to John for organising, would be nice to maybe have the sun at the next one for a change please :lol: 8)
Yes was a great day and glad it was wet. Took me three hours to finally get some drifts round clarks but then I couldn't stop them. :lol: Was just enjoying a bit of slow speed control which was lots of fun. Think I had more fun going slow than I did in the evo in the past. Music on, comfort, air con etc etc.

gambler

Post by gambler » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Great day, good to catch up with everyone. It has been a couple of years since I have been at a track day and really missed the banter. Some things never change though, track etiquette was the usual high standard and the weather was gash!

Big thanks to 'Indian Stig' Andy for the chance to drive the atom. It was absolutely bonkers in those conditions :shock: Such a laugh . Very different to driving a 600hp 4wd talent masker. Bumps on the railway straight that I had never really noticed before were an opportunity for the atom to try and spit you off the track. It was actually very grippy on the corners, just very tricky under braking. Awesome machine though and the only car that passed me was on the out lap :D

Andy G wrote:
Thanks to Scott R for the lend of some waterproof bottoms.

Roll on frolic and the next sidc
You are welcome mate. Only a June track day at Knockhill would necessitate brining 2 pairs of snowboarding trousers.
S1 Elise - Shed spec
330d - Dog carrying spec
640d - Grown up spec
Astravan Sportive SE - Supervan spec

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Andy, did you have the Avon ZZR,s on??

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

Gourlay83

Post by Gourlay83 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Quick video from the day.

I swear the gear changes weren't that violent... sounds worse on camera (cringe worthy)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STs2Lpr9YKY

Alan
"Chicks dig scars and I measure mine in feet"

Ford Fiesta Zetec \m/ - Get's me erse to work spec.
Caterham R500 - The grenade powered one.

Scottish Scrutineer

Post by Scottish Scrutineer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:58 am

tut wrote:
Scottish Scrutineer wrote:This is turning into a busy Saturday. The plan was; Doune hill climb for a morning of scrutineering, then across to Knockhill to start SMRC scrutineering at 14:00. I'll now head back over earlier to try and catch up with you guys in the paddock, especially the old rogue Tut.

Renny
Presume that you could not make it before we left Renny?

tut
Sorry I missed you. I had to take one of the dogs to the vets and the only appointment was late morning. Ensuing trip to the pharmacy mean I wasn't at Knockhill until after 1. Looked about but couldn't see you Tut. Did meet Mass when he was getting a quick noise check from Linda.

Good results for Graham in the Noble in his first race meeting on Sunday.

Renny
Renny Thomson
MSA Scrutineer
Elise S2 (2002)