SIDC Knockhill - Saturday 22nd June

Strictly for tarmac whores
flyingscot68

Re: SIDC Knockhill - Saturday 22nd June

Post by flyingscot68 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:28 pm

RAMTOP_ERROR wrote:What's your car worth - most one-off policies will cost in the region of 1% of value, with a 10% excess.
Turns out MORIS were the best quote by far.

£35k cover, £2.5k excess = £227.50

I tried the two companies Dominic suggested but they were both well over £400 with higher excess.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:19 pm

flyingscot68 wrote:
RAMTOP_ERROR wrote:What's your car worth - most one-off policies will cost in the region of 1% of value, with a 10% excess.
Turns out MORIS were the best quote by far.

£35k cover, £2.5k excess = £227.50

I tried the two companies Dominic suggested but they were both well over £400 with higher excess.
Good to know for the future :thumbsup

My elise insurance is with CCI for this year; £312 fully comp for the year including 6 trackdays. I s'pose that illustrates first of all, how much better it is to get an inclusive policy, and secondly, how much less my car is worth! :roll:
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:05 pm

My insurance is renewed on Sunday, which is quite neat as Saturday's track day will be on this years policy.

tut

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:32 am

I'll be there too. I've got the feeling that the Elise will feel enormous after the Caterham.
Will borrow an instructor as early as possible i think.

Will also need to have a hunt for the driving licence, no idea where it is !!
Now with half an engine

ClarkyBoy

Post by ClarkyBoy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 am

I used MORIS for my trip the the 'ring this year, as they are one of the few that will cover for TF, great service (although thankfully I did not need to make a claim)

but I must say the way they dealt with me put my mind at ease and would easily use them again!

Tony - if you cant find your DL, Give KH a call tomorrow and ask them to do a DVLA check, they will give you a number to call the DVLA on to authorise them to ask for your details (I had to do this while mine was away getting renewed)
Vanlife Sprinter
E30 318is / axle stand spec
987.2 Cayman S
[#]=///=[#] ‘88 Panda 4x4
BSA B31
MF35
Stiga Tornado
Many Bicycles

Modena Scotland

Post by Modena Scotland » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:05 am

I have no driving spot but will be there for chat, pax and drive if anyone is brave enough :mrgreen:

I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
A Senna

Shared SE Calendar

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 am

ClarkyBoy wrote:
Tony - if you cant find your DL, Give KH a call tomorrow and ask them to do a DVLA check, they will give you a number to call the DVLA on to authorise them to ask for your details (I had to do this while mine was away getting renewed)
Thanks
Now with half an engine

ed

Post by ed » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Just wanted to say thanks a lot or another awesome track day. Great to see everyone. Thanks to those who took Oli out for pax laps. My new shed was awesome despite the flat battery! :oops:

Look forward to the next one! :thumbsup
Octopus Energy Referral Code (£50 each!) share.octopus.energy/light-lynx-588

flyingscot68

Post by flyingscot68 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:38 pm

That was excellent.
Really enjoyed it. For a first timer I think the Evora flattered my driving a bit - awesome car in the bends.
Nice to bump in to some of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David

Post by David » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Really enjoyed that :D Thanks to John for another well organised trackday. :thumbsup It was good to catch up with so many folk. :wavey

I'd resigned to the fact that this one was going to be wet so the sunny intervals and 'almost' dry line at one point was a bonus. I felt I was driving well and probably improved my quickest damp and wet times. My phobia of the wet seems to be diminishing a little. You'll also be pleased to hear my camera position was a 'fail' today, so no videos :D . Thanks to Mass for his courage in coming out with me - sorry about the jacket!

David
Caterham - R400
Mini Cooper

Duratec in Detail
flickr
Youtube
facebook

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Great day and great to see everyone. Great laugh trying to control 660bhp per tonne, and impressed by the new Avon ZZRs. No idea what they will be like in the dry though.

Thanks to Scott R for the lend of some waterproof bottoms.

Roll on frolic and the next sidc
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

GregR

Post by GregR » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Top fun today! Loved the weather 8)
Ferrari 458
Porsche 993 C2
Disco V

Modena Scotland

Post by Modena Scotland » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:19 pm

It was great to be able to finally chat with the folks and enjoy pax laps with Tut, Mike, Dave, Ian and Tony. :cheers

Couldn't resist to be on the track so asked John if I could be on it for the last one hour. Great fun with 5 passengers and 50 laps :damnfunny

I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
A Senna

Shared SE Calendar

gedi

Post by gedi » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:32 pm

as always the best track etiquette on the SIDC events from the few td's i've done. its good to be given plenty of room and not feel under pressure from someone taking you out or getting too close where I might take them out!

very wet conditions for the most part. I didn't really gel with the car today and felt like I was going backwards (as well as sideways!) most of the time. some quick cornering from a lot of the guys but I just couldnt get round clarkes without getting out of shape. anybody else think the surface there was slippier than usual?

still a good day and nice to have the chance to have a chat with guys in the garages.

Mike Scib

Post by Mike Scib » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:44 pm

What a great day, was loving the conditions but think my rear tyres my have seen better days :mrgreen: No spins all day but came pretty close while trying to show Ed my skills through the chicane :blackeye

Also still loving the S2000, that's nearly 4 months I have had it :damnfunny

Had a great few laps with BigD in his new toy. Both cars seem very similar on track performance wise but totally different beasts with there power delivery and handling....good fun synchronised drifting :thumbsup

Cheers to John for organising, would be nice to maybe have the sun at the next one for a change please :lol: 8)
alicrozier wrote:As Robin said, need to be comfortable and confident to push right up to the limit - sometimes you only find the limit by going beyond it...
(that's why I think Mike will do fine, that and his lack of imagination). :roll: :lol: