BaT Caterham hire

Strictly for tarmac whores
alicrozier

BaT Caterham hire

Post by alicrozier » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Anyone hired a BaT cat?

Thinking about Castle Combe as its just along the road from work...
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

alicrozier

Re: BaT Caterham hire

Post by alicrozier » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Booked an R300 SV (for my fat ass!).
Should be good fun, not having driven Castle Combe or had any really extended time in a Caterham.

Quite an expensive lunchtime as booked SpaZZ also... :)
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:12 pm

:thumbsup
"Here for a good time not a long time"

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Watch the last corner coming on to the straight if its wet - the white lines for the starting grid are like ice.

My fav shot of me racing has me on full oppo round that bend as a result!
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:58 am

Great day with BaT yesterday at Combe. Weather couldn't have been better, dry and sunny all day.

The circuit not really ideal for a Caterham as very fast but some nice flowing transitions. The 211 would be awesome there.
The BaT R300's were limited to 6.5k rpm so only 115mph in 6th which was half way down the main straight! Other than that though, car was faultless and great service from the bat team. Pretty much unlimited lapping within reasonable consideration for the car (and driver). Great to have it refuelled as you nip off for a whizz!

Not much fast to play with unfortunately, an Atom which was fast up the straights...easy scalps tho. One of the other BaT rental drivers was pretty handy so we had a play at one point. The SV didn't disappoint, much more comfortable for me.