SIDC evening sessions, 16th April and 15th May

Strictly for tarmac whores
Dipper

Re: SIDC evening sessions, 16th April and 15th May

Post by Dipper » Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 am

Shug wrote:
Dipper wrote:
campbell wrote:V important to bring up right away...constructively, of course. May just be an awareness thing and easily fixed. If it's not fed back to the driver, they can't be expected to learn / improve.
its ok, ive already fed back to him that he's an 'absolute maniac' :mrgreen:
Lol :lol:

Comment was, of course, aimed at not using mirrors on track - which is covered in the briefing and gets incredibly frustrating for fellow track users :thumbsup
different car and driver shug. that was his first time on track and it was pretty hectic for a first outing

easty-5

Post by easty-5 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Dipper wrote:
but we were not racing. he passed me and cleared off. that was the end of it. there was plenty room and no oncoming cars when he passed. i never saw him again till we got to KH so cant comment on the rest of his driving. although he did spin my car at the hairpin and for that i'll say he's a knob! :mrgreen:
I honestly thought he was going to lose it when he passed you, his car was bouncing all over the place. Just goes to show how well the wee loti handle. Anyway, it's not a big deal. Seemed like everyone had a good night other than a few wee instances so it's all good. :thumbsup

easty-5

Post by easty-5 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:08 pm

One thing I will add; I think there should have been more emphasis and detail given about passing on the left only, and only on the 3 straights. I came across a few cars pulling over at the bottom of duffus and on the run up to chicane. The briefing probably didn't cover it in too much detail because nobody stated when asked, that it was their first time at Knockhill - other than Tut :lol:

Dipper

Post by Dipper » Fri May 16, 2014 2:15 pm

easty-5 wrote:One thing I will add; I think there should have been more emphasis and detail given about passing on the left only, and only on the 3 straights. I came across a few cars pulling over at the bottom of duffus and on the run up to chicane. The briefing probably didn't cover it in too much detail because nobody stated when asked, that it was their first time at Knockhill - other than Tut :lol:
id agree with that. there were a few folk pulling over in less than ideal places. however i pulled over on a straight to let a faster car through only to find a few others appear and push through also so i ended up hung out on the right all the way up to the corner. Passing drivers also need to be aware that at some point, those being passed need to be allowed back into the flow before they find themselves at walking pace on an apex.

johng

Post by johng » Fri May 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Had a great time at my first track day last night! Hope I didn't hold anyone up for too long, kept an eye on my mirrors to let faster cars by. John (Orange Exige OU10 KSY)

Dipper

Post by Dipper » Fri May 16, 2014 4:22 pm

johng wrote:Had a great time at my first track day last night! Hope I didn't hold anyone up for too long, kept an eye on my mirrors to let faster cars by. John (Orange Exige OU10 KSY)
you and the car survived the night which is the only goal on yer first TD. you'll have less nerves next time and soon be at the sharp end and slagging off beginners! :D

Mike Scib

Post by Mike Scib » Fri May 16, 2014 5:15 pm

johng wrote:Had a great time at my first track day last night! Hope I didn't hold anyone up for too long, kept an eye on my mirrors to let faster cars by. John (Orange Exige OU10 KSY)
It was not yourself that undertook me into the hairpin John. Also had no issues with you moving over as soon as it was safe to do so :thumbsup

It was the last Exige in John's pictures that he has posted up.
alicrozier wrote:As Robin said, need to be comfortable and confident to push right up to the limit - sometimes you only find the limit by going beyond it...
(that's why I think Mike will do fine, that and his lack of imagination). :roll: :lol:

Mike Scib

Post by Mike Scib » Fri May 16, 2014 5:23 pm

BigD wrote:
Mike Scib wrote:Good skills :lol: :lol:
Nice one mike! :lol:

Tyres past their best?
Partly, was out for 20 minute's or so D and also came to the conclusion I need to lift a little more than I did for the chicane :damnfunny

Car is still not quite handling the way I would like at the moment, bit of work to do yet! :D
alicrozier wrote:As Robin said, need to be comfortable and confident to push right up to the limit - sometimes you only find the limit by going beyond it...
(that's why I think Mike will do fine, that and his lack of imagination). :roll: :lol:

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:18 am

:thumbsup
:thumbsup
You did well for your first time out John. The car looks great, quite unique.

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

gambler

Post by gambler » Sat May 17, 2014 11:41 am

I was there briefly but never got a chance to get out on track. The car I'm using for time attack was there getting mapped and the sequential gearbox set up. It was the white and red Impeza. It split a radiator hose at the end of the session as it was running a bit close to the new headders.

Ill hopefully be out doing a bit of testing on the whole day session next Friday.
S1 Elise - Shed spec
330d - Dog carrying spec
640d - Grown up spec
Astravan Sportive SE - Supervan spec

Cisco

Post by Cisco » Sat May 17, 2014 6:57 pm

gambler wrote:I was there briefly but never got a chance to get out on track. The car I'm using for time attack was there getting mapped and the sequential gearbox set up. It was the white and red Impeza. It split a radiator hose at the end of the session as it was running a bit close to the new headders.

Ill hopefully be out doing a bit of testing on the whole day session next Friday.
Hey Scott, the one that was behind me (briefly :D ) in the frog on the straight?

That car is a fekkin beast :shock:

ATB

Frank

gambler

Post by gambler » Mon May 19, 2014 9:47 am

Cisco wrote:
gambler wrote:I was there briefly but never got a chance to get out on track. The car I'm using for time attack was there getting mapped and the sequential gearbox set up. It was the white and red Impeza. It split a radiator hose at the end of the session as it was running a bit close to the new headders.

Hey Scott, the one that was behind me (briefly :D ) in the frog on the straight?

That car is a fekkin beast :shock:

ATB

Frank
It's going to be fun Frank, the sequential gearbox sounds amazing too. Believe it or not, I am going to be down a couple of hundred horsepower on a couple of the cars in my class. :shock: A couple of the fancy Datsuns are putting out 1000hp
S1 Elise - Shed spec
330d - Dog carrying spec
640d - Grown up spec
Astravan Sportive SE - Supervan spec

JohnStewart

Post by JohnStewart » Mon May 19, 2014 2:34 pm

The full list of cars confirmed so far is here: http://www.timeattack.co.uk/confirmed-e ... knockhill/

There's even an elise taking part - anyone know anything about the car and spec?

and if a certain mr Forrest gets his car fixed in time, you could easily be 500+ bhp down on power and a few hundred Kgs heavier Scott!

Mike Scib

Post by Mike Scib » Mon May 19, 2014 2:49 pm

JohnStewart wrote:There's even an elise taking part - anyone know anything about the car and spec?
Supercharged Honda run by Andy Baird who runs a car garage in East Kilbride called Automek, good guy :thumbsup

Mike Scib

Post by Mike Scib » Mon May 19, 2014 2:52 pm