SIDC evening sessions, 16th April and 15th May

Strictly for tarmac whores
Simon82

Re: SIDC evening sessions, 16th April and 15th May

Post by Simon82 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:37 am

Thanks to john for letting me slot in last minute, had a great night and managed to finish off my tyres which means next trackday will be first outing for the new toy!
2014 Audi RS4 Avant
2019 Porsche 718 GT4
2018 VW Transporter T6 (bike shed :) )

DJ

Post by DJ » Fri May 16, 2014 9:18 am

Cisco wrote:Really enjoyed the night..seemed to be a bit hectic at times tho' :)
:withstupid
Thanks John for getting me on. Quite a different night to last month with the red flags and the amount of spin offs. Good to meet you Jamie/Easty-5 - didn't realize you were on here. Enjoyed my laps at the end with Kevin and my yo-yo laps with Mike.... until he decided to put his pirouette into his lap! :damnfunny. Don't think that yellow Westy thing behind me could see what happened and nearly collected into my back end as I slowed to let you recover. :)
'03 Elise 111S - Sold :(
'55 Boxster S - Sold :(
'08 Exige S 240PP - Sold :(
'10 Evora NA - Sold :(
'12 Cayman R :)

JohnStewart

Post by JohnStewart » Fri May 16, 2014 9:37 am

Glad you all enjoyed it. Didn't capture any spins on camera this time, and only one powerslide at the hairpin!

Traffic was weird at times watching from the sidelines with clusters of up to 10 cars slowly reversing their order over a period of 10 laps, but behind them 30 seconds of empty track!

I think the fishy smell from the nearby fields put people off eating and drinking and possibly contributed to people spending more time on track :D

Random selection of photos up on FB: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 068&type=1

Will get them uploaded to my website later today for easy linking on here.

John

JohnStewart

Post by JohnStewart » Fri May 16, 2014 9:55 am

Happy passenger 1

Happy Passenger 2

The cone killer! Dragged this around for about 6 or 7 laps :D

More here: http://www.flatoutphotography.com/gallery3/2014/KHMAY

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri May 16, 2014 10:00 am

Mike Scib wrote:
Taking of interesting lines, who was driving the orange Exige CTA or similar at the end of the number plate :roll:
neil wrote:Was that's the one that hadn't been fitted with mirrors? :lol:
Mike Scib wrote:Or the one that went up the inside of me at the hairpin :?
easty-5 wrote:I met him at the shell petrol station before the track night. He asked to follow me to Knockhill as he had never been before, so it was obviously his first time. He was with another orange exige and dark grey Elise.
First time on track maybe explains it. Being stuck behind him for 4-5 laps (as a pax) it was apparent he knew we were there, but was just not moving over. Perhaps a polite reminder of track etiquette is required. We all have to start somewhere. :thumbsup
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

easty-5

Post by easty-5 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:30 am

Dominic wrote:
Mike Scib wrote:
Taking of interesting lines, who was driving the orange Exige CTA or similar at the end of the number plate :roll:
neil wrote:Was that's the one that hadn't been fitted with mirrors? :lol:
Mike Scib wrote:Or the one that went up the inside of me at the hairpin :?
easty-5 wrote:I met him at the shell petrol station before the track night. He asked to follow me to Knockhill as he had never been before, so it was obviously his first time. He was with another orange exige and dark grey Elise.
First time on track maybe explains it. Being stuck behind him for 4-5 laps (as a pax) it was apparent he knew we were there, but was just not moving over. Perhaps a polite reminder of track etiquette is required. We all have to start somewhere. :thumbsup
After seeing John's pictures, I have it wrong. The guy I met at the petrol station was in the orange 260 Cup Exige. Reg: OU10 or something. However, the Orange Exige we are talking about was part of the same group. I witnessed him drive like an absolute maniac on the A823 from Powmill to Knockhill - racing his buddy in the Grey Elise. So I'm not really surprised to hear about his antics on track.

Dipper

Post by Dipper » Fri May 16, 2014 10:54 am

you were a witness right enough as you were right behind us all the way! :roll:

Shug

Post by Shug » Fri May 16, 2014 11:00 am

Devils advocate, but did anybody mention said driver to marshalls or organiser on the night? Not a lot can be done if they don't know - and most organisers are stuck in the pitlane, not out on track monitoring driving standards. Annoyed me as well, when I did TDs.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri May 16, 2014 11:29 am

V important to bring up right away...constructively, of course. May just be an awareness thing and easily fixed. If it's not fed back to the driver, they can't be expected to learn / improve.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

Dipper

Post by Dipper » Fri May 16, 2014 11:32 am

campbell wrote:V important to bring up right away...constructively, of course. May just be an awareness thing and easily fixed. If it's not fed back to the driver, they can't be expected to learn / improve.
its ok, ive already fed back to him that he's an 'absolute maniac' :mrgreen:

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri May 16, 2014 11:33 am

Lol. That's one approach!
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

easty-5

Post by easty-5 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:35 am

Dipper wrote:you were a witness right enough as you were right behind us all the way! :roll:
I stuck with you's until your mate in the Exige decided to go crazy and go for that mental overtake. I decided from then that it wasn't for me and I'd like to get to Knockhill in one piece, so I dropped back with your other mate. We only caught up with yourself again when you got stuck behind a slower car.

Shug

Post by Shug » Fri May 16, 2014 11:46 am

Dipper wrote:
campbell wrote:V important to bring up right away...constructively, of course. May just be an awareness thing and easily fixed. If it's not fed back to the driver, they can't be expected to learn / improve.
its ok, ive already fed back to him that he's an 'absolute maniac' :mrgreen:
Lol :lol:

Comment was, of course, aimed at not using mirrors on track - which is covered in the briefing and gets incredibly frustrating for fellow track users :thumbsup
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

Dipper

Post by Dipper » Fri May 16, 2014 11:49 am

easty-5 wrote:
Dipper wrote:you were a witness right enough as you were right behind us all the way! :roll:
I stuck with you's until your mate in the Exige decided to go crazy and go for that mental overtake. I decided from then that it wasn't for me and I'd like to get to Knockhill in one piece, so I dropped back with your other mate. We only caught up with yourself again when you got stuck behind a slower car.
but we were not racing. he passed me and cleared off. that was the end of it. there was plenty room and no oncoming cars when he passed. i never saw him again till we got to KH so cant comment on the rest of his driving. although he did spin my car at the hairpin and for that i'll say he's a knob! :mrgreen:

David

Post by David » Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 am

Thanks John! I thought it was just me, but it was a strange night traffic wise - unusually frantic, and the red flags probably reflected that. It was a new diff on the car so I was just really getting the hang of the new ratios and scrub a few new tyres in, but the Orange Exige also gave me grief almost to the point it felt deliberate.
Last edited by David on Fri May 16, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caterham - R400
Mini Cooper

Duratec in Detail
flickr
Youtube
facebook