SIDC Knockhill, Saturday 6th September 9 - 1

Strictly for tarmac whores
a4drk

Re: SIDC Knockhill, Saturday 6th September 9 - 1

Post by a4drk » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:07 pm

What's the name (s) of the photography companies that take the pics?
Something images........! Cannae mind
Two negatives make a positive but only in Scotland do two positives make a negative - 'Aye right.'

S2 Exige
BMW 435d M Sport - 375bhp..... and stops now (big brakes!😁)
Work Horse - Ford Transit - Full of crap spec....... 170bhp one :-)

T6 KFR

Post by T6 KFR » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Sounds a great day and i hold my head in shame I've never been on the track with my past and present lotus : feels a tad daunting.

JohnStewart

Post by JohnStewart » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:41 pm

a4drk wrote:What's the name (s) of the photography companies that take the pics?
Something images........! Cannae mind
Power Images take photos at Knockhill, but don't think Iain or Colin were there today. I'm not home til Monday (Silverstone tomorrow for Time Attack), so probably Tuesday before I get them uploaded.

John

Ali M

Post by Ali M » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Think I saw you out and about on a few corners John? If so, sure will be superb pics.

Just no hairpin beached gravel pics please :blackeye

Ali M

Post by Ali M » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:12 pm

a4drk wrote:
Ps - Ali , glad u opoligised - everyone was cursing you!
Hope your car is ok
Hi David,

Yeah, car is ok thanks. Just bruised ego :oops:

I tell you, I would have been saying the same if it was someone else. At least it was towards the end, as if you get red's at the start, the day never seems to flow as well (that's a half excuse anyway :roll: )
tut wrote: Slight loss of power but did not really affect me as I was lapping with Ali who would pull away a little on some of the corners, but I was faster on the straights so it evened out.

It sounded worse than it was, but will have plenty of time to sort it out in ten days time.

tut
I had the camera rolling tut - hopefully the footage is good (hopefully camera angle was ok, not checked yet) and although it was only a couple of laps, it was good banter.

I knew your car had an issue as heard it earlier in the day, but was great to see you still giving it the beans regardless!
istoo wrote:
Car was going well, got a build list for that? I had an E46 M3 i tracked, kept virtually standard and sold to buy the elise. Yours looked and went very well.
Hi istoo,

It is really just chassis and safety gear...

KW Clubsport but springs changed for higher rates
H&R front ARB
Michelin Cup tyres
Safety devices full cage
Recaros + harnesses
OEM 18" M3 rear wheels all round
My geometry settings
Stock engine
Stock brake calipers + some tweaks such as ducting to cool the brakes

It is my road car/daily driver and was just evolved really. Do Nurburgring once a year and the speed started getting a bit silly so wanted the cage. Not done any racing this year as the race car is out of action, so have done the ring and this is my second Knockhill this year. Will hopefully do a few events next year and would be great to join you guys if you are doing a few trackdays next year.

Simon82

Post by Simon82 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:45 pm

Another cracking track day, cheers John for the organising, look forward to seeing the pictures. Had go pro on but for some reason decided to erase all the footage from today which I am really gutted about.
Was my 3rd time out now in the Exige and slowly getting the hang of it, really comes alive on track in a way my previous cars never did.
Good to chat to a few new people today and looking forward to the next one!
2014 Audi RS4 Avant
2019 Porsche 718 GT4
2018 VW Transporter T6 (bike shed :) )

campbell

Post by campbell » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:09 am

Tut, you only need to clean off the soot.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:48 am

That was the fastest/best driven M3 that I have driven behind Ali.

Could have passed, but only just, so it was not worth it, better watching you throw it around the Hairpin. :damnfunny

tut

Jam_s160

Post by Jam_s160 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Firstly huge thanks to John Stewart for organising a superb day again! I thoroughly enjoyed it and all the adventures the day brought... Great talking to everyone and watching a few wipe outs on track :arrow: Shame the winter is upon us and the wet cold weather comes into play now.

Time to put the hardtop on?

Ps tut you ever need a drive down let me know... Happy to help...

neilj37

Post by neilj37 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:46 pm

I echo everyone else thanks for organising john. Was first outing in the newly built turbo mx5 and used the day as a shakedown. Thankfully nothing blew up but did find a couple of weak areas. Clutch is slipping on boost so couldnt get full power and brakes were going off after about 6 laps. All in all a great day and hopwfully I didn't block to many people.
Elise S - OMG its fast spec
Seat Leon FR+ Supercopa - BTCC Spec
MX5 Mk1 - turbo build spec

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Thanks for organising again John :thumbsup

On Saturday I had a young passenger called Matthew Corney from Peterculter. He is only fifteen, but he loves his photography and cars, just like a few of us. After contact from Andy C, I offered to look after him for the day after speaking to Andy C and Matthews mother, to make sure that she was happy with me looking after her son. Matthew was a very polite and quiet lad and it was a pleasure to help him out and introduce him to the spectacle of Knockhill.

Thanks for those of you who took him out for a few laps as he loved every second of it. Big D and Kayfur made it look very easy and we both enjoyed being a pax with them. A provisional licience must surely be a birthday present for him in two years time.

A couple of his pictures;

Here is Mattews photography site on Facebook;

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.auto.photography

https://www.facebook.com/Ipetrolhead

Neilj37, Was that you that was in front of us at the lights in Dundee?
T6 KFR wrote:Sounds a great day and i hold my head in shame I've never been on the track with my past and present lotus : feels a tad daunting.
Kevin, come along for the next one and jump in for a few pax laps to see what it's all about first.

Steve.

T6 KFR

Post by T6 KFR » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:01 am

C7Steve wrote:Thanks for organising again John :thumbsup

On Saturday I had a young passenger called Matthew Corney from Peterculter. He is only fifteen, but he loves his photography and cars, just like a few of us. After contact from Andy C, I offered to look after him for the day after speaking to Andy C and Matthews mother, to make sure that she was happy with me looking after her son. Matthew was a very polite and quiet lad and it was a pleasure to help him out and introduce him to the spectacle of Knockhill.

Thanks for those of you who took him out for a few laps as he loved every second of it. Big D and Kayfur made it look very easy and we both enjoyed being a pax with them. A provisional licience must surely be a birthday present for him in two years time.

A couple of his pictures;

Here is Mattews photography site on Facebook;

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.auto.photography

https://www.facebook.com/Ipetrolhead

Neilj37, Was that you that was in front of us at the lights in Dundee?
T6 KFR wrote:Sounds a great day and i hold my head in shame I've never been on the track with my past and present lotus : feels a tad daunting.
Kevin, come along for the next one and jump in for a few pax laps to see what it's all about first.

Steve.

Thanks for the offer steve, i have been round KH as a passenger before but wont turn down another offer :-) ill look out for the next KH and see my availability.

Cheers

istoo

Post by istoo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:38 am

Ali M wrote:
Hi istoo,

It is really just chassis and safety gear...

KW Clubsport but springs changed for higher rates
H&R front ARB
Michelin Cup tyres
Safety devices full cage
Recaros + harnesses
OEM 18" M3 rear wheels all round
My geometry settings
Stock engine
Stock brake calipers + some tweaks such as ducting to cool the brakes

It is my road car/daily driver and was just evolved really. Do Nurburgring once a year and the speed started getting a bit silly so wanted the cage. Not done any racing this year as the race car is out of action, so have done the ring and this is my second Knockhill this year. Will hopefully do a few events next year and would be great to join you guys if you are doing a few trackdays next year.

Almost identical to where i wanted to go with mine but the shell had tinworm, spent a grand on it and it came back months later. I was always impressed wiht the stock brakes on friction Z pads and braided hoses, also opened up the cooling ducts. Also ran 18s, tyres were much cheaper! Federal RSRs which i enjoyed. Caging, stripping and new suspension is where i wanted to go but i felt it was peeing into the wind with the deeper issues, and it went fro being my daiuly to a second car, so moved it on. If you are out again at another one.. or if you have a passenger seat, wouldnt mind some pax laps! Love the M54 on song.
S2 111s

istoo

Post by istoo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:45 am

[quote="T6 KFR]

Thanks for the offer steve, i have been round KH as a passenger before but wont turn down another offer :-) ill look out for the next KH and see my availability.

Cheers[/quote]

+1 always willing to show off my terrible driving :)
There is a TrackScotland nioght on Friday, I am not booked in for that, but worth giving that a stab.
And standard car manages totally fine around knockhill. The general wear on the tyres and brakes is far less than any of my previous cars, all been in the 1300-1700kg weight category.
S2 111s

RichardB

Post by RichardB » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 am

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to thank the Organizers, Staff at KH and Participants for a great day out on Saturday.

This was me and my wife's first Track Day, so apologies for holding anyone up and thanks for your patients.
A great experience and huge learning curve with a few slips & slides along the way :oops: that said we are thoroughly hooked now and looking forward to being involved in more days, was also great putting some faces to names from on here.

Thanks

Richard & Adele
Elise S
F10 M5
VW T5 Transformer Kombi