SIDC Knockhill, Saturday 6th September 9 - 1

Strictly for tarmac whores
andyc

Re: SIDC Knockhill, Saturday 6th September 9 - 1

Post by andyc » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Massve thanks to C7Steve and also anyone who took young Matthew out on track. SE is awesome!! :cheers
Blue S2 (sold to the plumber)
Seat Leon Cupra Commuter Car
Black Chrysler Grand Voyager Family Bus (Fully loaded spec!)

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Interesting conversation that we had Richard.

tut

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:46 pm

Thanks to John for organising once again.

Many thanks to Ali for the laps in the 2-11 and Ian for the laps in the GT3

Hope the two Evo owners bills are small(ish).

Hope everyone (especially Neil who didn't have a roof by the look of things) got home dry - i drove through a tropical storm just north of Laurencekirk luckily i had decided to stop to put the roof on just in time.
Now with half an engine

istoo

Post by istoo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:26 pm

can i just say how disappointed i was to see that tut looked nothing like his avatar picture...
S2 111s

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:32 pm

istoo wrote:can i just say how disappointed i was to see that tut looked nothing like his avatar picture...
Polar opposites... :damnfunny
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:54 pm

tonyg wrote:Hope everyone (especially Neil who didn't have a roof by the look of things) got home dry - i drove through a tropical storm just north of Laurencekirk luckily i had decided to stop to put the roof on just in time.
We drove passed you as you were getting your roof unpacked at the side of the road Tony. The clouds were looking dark, but we decided to drive on and into the rain. It was not too bad, with the water only coming up and in over the side windows. We stopped just after Stonehaven on the road to Peterculter and put the roof on for the last few miles. I was going to take the Cairn road on the way back, but the clouds looked too dark in that direction. I only decided to put the roof on since we had to slow down once onto the back road and I did not want Matthew returning home soaking wet.

Hats off to Ali and Brian for driving the 211 and 340 in that rain though. Liked the heated jacket Ali and happy birthday by the way. Also to Jamie for deciding to take his roof off too before we set off from Aberdeen.

It would be great to go out for a few beers and a meal after a trackday, then have a decent run home the next day sometime.

Steve.
Last edited by C7Steve on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:55 pm

istoo wrote:can i just say how disappointed i was to see that tut looked nothing like his avatar picture...
:lol:

Steve.

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:53 pm

Great trackday John. :)

A while since I have been at KH but the 2-11 sublime as usual. I was worried on the lack of grip the ZZR's had on the road in the wet (Dundee roundabout drifting anyone?) but still awesome in the dry...remember this set has done the complete Spazz trip!

Ended up trundling back myself but got in behind a 911 and yellow Adventador convoy from Dundee. Until I stopped to put my helmet due to the rain at Stonehaven!
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

Jam_s160

Post by Jam_s160 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:15 pm

C7Steve wrote:
tonyg wrote:Hope everyone (especially Neil who didn't have a roof by the look of things) got home dry - i drove through a tropical storm just north of Laurencekirk luckily i had decided to stop to put the roof on just in time.
We drove passed you as you were getting your roof unpacked at the side of the road Tony. The clouds were looking dark, but we decided to drive on and into the rain. It was not too bad, with the water only coming up and in over the side windows. We stopped just after Stonehaven on the road to Peterculter and put the roof on for the last few miles. I was going to take the Cairn road on the way back, but the clouds looked too dark in that direction. I only decided to put the roof on since we had to slow down once onto the back road and I did not want Matthew returning home soaking wet.

Hats off to Ali and Brian for driving the 211 and 340 in that rain though. Liked the heated jacket Ali and happy birthday by the way. Also to Jamie for deciding to take his roof off too before we set off from Aberdeen.

It would be great to go out for a few beers and a meal after a trackday, then have a decent run home the next day sometime.

Steve.
I met the rain having turned off at Fettercairn to take the old military road up and over to Banchory then onto Inverurie. Roof off all the way... Tailing a slow Honda jazz up the military road in the torrential rain pushed me to do some swift overtaking to keep the rain out. Once past Banchory it cleared up and glad I never went via Stonehaven route which looked a lot worse in the distance.

All good fun!

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 pm

[quote="alicrozier"]Great trackday John. :)

" I was worried on the lack of grip the ZZR's had on the road in the wet (Dundee roundabout drifting anyone?) but still awesome in the dry...remember this set has done the complete Spazz trip!"

Hi Ali,

Glad to hear it wasn't just me, I took the Exige down to Murray's on Friday afternoon during some really heavy rain and was sliding all over the place, a couple of bum clenching moments at under 70mph. At one point I had to slow down so much the wife cruised past it the XC60 doing about 60. That said the ZZR's were brilliant in the dry but in the wet I feel the 888's were way better, I was quite confident hitting about 140 on the straight at Dijon on the 888's and it was very wet that day. No way would I have tried that on the ZZR's, maybe I'm just a lot more wary on the road than the track ? Hopefully i'll get a chance to try them on a wet track before its time to replace them, but maybe not Cadwell and Oulten !!!

Dipper

Post by Dipper » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:04 pm

me too. had more 'moments' going through dundee than i did on track!

edit to say, I'm on 888's not ZZR's

neil

Post by neil » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Kinger wrote:
alicrozier wrote:Great trackday John. :)

" I was worried on the lack of grip the ZZR's had on the road in the wet (Dundee roundabout drifting anyone?) but still awesome in the dry...remember this set has done the complete Spazz trip!"

Hi Ali,

Glad to hear it wasn't just me, I took the Exige down to Murray's on Friday afternoon during some really heavy rain and was sliding all over the place, a couple of bum clenching moments at under 70mph. At one point I had to slow down so much the wife cruised past it the XC60 doing about 60. That said the ZZR's were brilliant in the dry but in the wet I feel the 888's were way better, I was quite confident hitting about 140 on the straight at Dijon on the 888's and it was very wet that day. No way would I have tried that on the ZZR's, maybe I'm just a lot more wary on the road than the track ? Hopefully i'll get a chance to try them on a wet track before its time to replace them, but maybe not Cadwell and Oulten !!!
I've had similar experiences recently with the Pirelli Corsas. I think it's partly due to the amount of extra rubber the V6 has on the road compared to the S2, plus the tyres are fairly well worn by now which wont help.
Exige V6

DougT

Post by DougT » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Having had similar experiences on the road recently I wasn't looking forward to driving Rockingham in the wet but after a few laps with TC in sport I had to be quite hard on the throttle to get the TC to interfere and it was ok on the brakes - lots of ABS - but effective. Couldn't get comfortable on the oval though - the wall always seemed too close! It would be great in the dry though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:42 pm

What tyres do they use to race in any of the lotus cup championships? I have heard it mentioned that they use ZZRs in the dry and a few of the guys on here have said that they are really good when they have used them when it's been dry. There must be a decent wet weather tyre that gets used for racing.

Steve.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:51 pm

ZZR's both in the wet and dry.

tut